Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

wilson v2s

curtis1682

been playing these clubs for a year now and they are awesome! these are the most cotrollable irons i have tried to date! great feel and man they are pinseekers. if you have been playing muscleback irons and are considering a change go hit these sticks they are awesome!

I'm not much a CB person, I'm the blade guy around here it seems like. I love my W/S FG62s, played them all season and never even had a thought of changing, going to be in the bag till the grooves wear out probably :)

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

I posted a review on these irons earlier this year. Just like you, I love them and am loving them more and more each time I play.

This weekend I used the Callaway Hex Black ball with the irons, and it was a pleasure to hit iron shots. They flew on a nice mid-high trajectory, but very boring (must have been lower spin than I normally play). I gained about a half club in distance, but more importantly I was able to point and shoot at pins.

I don't see myself changing these irons anytime soon.

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

DD, no need. Every generation or so(once a decade), an iron comes along who's Technology, cosmetics & performance are such that they will withstand the test of time, and can be played until you wear 'em out, cuz the follow-ups are not gonna be an improvement.

The Tour V2s are one such iron.

The Best to ya

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Wait, but what about the RocketBoobz, er Bladez??? :lol:

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Thanks R.P. for the note. I hate being a kind of stranger. I love this site, and post as often as I can (not often enough for sure). But the three kids keep getting in the way! :D

I tell you, I traded my R9's for the Wilson FG v2 mostly because of the distance inconsistency issue. With the R9, I would be playing the PW for 125 - 130 yards, and all of a sudden hit one 140. So next time I figure OK, play for 135. I'd then hit it a little off the toe and it would travel 115. It was difficult to factor in the large variability in distance for similar swings/strikes.

With the Wilson's, I feel that I know the maximum distance fairly well (which is definitely less than with the R9's), but this is a good thing. I'm OK playing the PW 120, and knowing the range will be from 110 - 120.

However... if the Rocketbladez have somewhat mitigated this:

***So, it seems that TMaG has addressed the consistency issue with the Rocketbladez, though we shall see. If that is the case & they combine forgiveness with distance & distance control, well that sounds like an iron that can withstand the test of time***

then they will definitely be on my demo list for this upcoming season.

Archived