TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Birdie Ball Putting Green

skihippy

Hey spyers I just received a new birdie ball 4x9 putting green. Don't worry I got pictures below.

I am wanting to do my first review for mygolfspy.com, I just got it unpacked at 7pm tonight and am going to give it one night before I start tearing it up. Here's what I got:

4'x9' putting green stimped at 10/11 with 6 pre-cut holes

The lay flat black trim

Double the thickness bottom (I sprung for the extra cost)

Birdie ball ball stop

3 Break Snakes

12 Free birdie balls

4 holes with Birdie ball flags

2 hole reduces

photo (1).JPG

This is what it looked like when I first laid it out. (tried to get all the products in the picture)

photo.JPG

Different angle so you can see the whole size

photo (2).JPG

Here's what it looks like set up, I am going to let it lay out tonight and try it tomorrow as soon as I get off work

Thanks for reading,

Skihippy

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Saved for review

Whats in the bag:

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Anxiously awaiting this one!! I was just looking at it online tonight and researching other indoor putting greens. I'd love to hear how you decided on the Birdieball and what you think of it.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

right on man - I think you'll like this product.

For the price, it's tough to beat. I reviewed the Birdie Ball putting green a while back, and while it's not the highest quality product, it's surely priced right and gets the job done.

I found over time though, you really do need to get a stiff bristled broom to brush the stimp back to where you'd like it - walking on it over time pushes the texture down.

right on man - I think you'll like this product.

For the price, it's tough to beat. I reviewed the Birdie Ball putting green a while back, and while it's not the highest quality product, it's surely priced right and gets the job done.

I found over time though, you really do need to get a stiff bristled broom to brush the stimp back to where you'd like it - walking on it over time pushes the texture down.

Hey Tim,

After using one of these for a while, do you think it would work to get a piece of MDF board and lay it down on that? Then cut out holes in the board that match the holes in the green. Would add some depth to the holes, but still be a hard, flat surface to lay it on.

Also you mentioned brushing it to get the stimp back. How long did it take before you had to do that? Also after about 3 years of ownership, are you still using it? How has it held up?

They are offering 20% off for liking them on Facebook (code facebook5) and also a free upgrade in size along with the 50% off fall savings. I'm guessing that is pretty much their every day offer, but a 4' x 13.5' mat for $100 seems like a steal.

Cool! Looking forward to it. Are you in a northern state gearing up for winter? Also...never seen bags up off the ground and on a wall like that! ; )

...I heard the new Taylor Made Rocketballz bag levitates without hooks?

OK yes I am gearing up a little bit for winter and I have putted a couple of balls on it before I made dinner for the boys tonight. The whole set up was 180. We also got our first house. This is in the downstairs den.(Its huge) Awesome for win the boys get out and I can turn it into my man cave. The winters in WV have been very light in the last years so I figured this would be a great time for me to work on my game.

I also have a new hitting mat from dwqauilgolf.com that I will be doing another review on shortly after I get my net up. So far it feels really good and it does not leave marks on my club like it does when your at the driving range. I usually have to spend a half an hour cleaning my clubs to get the nylon of the bottom of my clubs. I have only taken around 15 wedge shots on this mat so far. Just got to let the rain stop so I can set it up.

Whats in the bag:

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Sorry I think the bags look good on the wall... Sorry I can't take a straight camera shot..

Whats in the bag:

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

• 2 weeks later...

What was the price of the green? It is coming on the point where it is too cold here in MI to play almost, and soon there will be snow on the ground. I am looking to improve on putting over the winter, so I am looking for a reasonable balance between price and function, hopefully less than 100 dollars.

Looking forward to this review

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

What was the price of the green? It is coming on the point where it is too cold here in MI to play almost, and soon there will be snow on the ground. I am looking to improve on putting over the winter, so I am looking for a reasonable balance between price and function, hopefully less than 100 dollars.

$100 is not going to happen Zac. For a quality indoor green like that you're gonna need more. Best bet would be to build one yourself with some type of cloth depending on the speed you want, and then just use wood from Lowes...

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Actually they always have good deals at BirdieBall. Everything is 50% off for Christmas right now (seems like it's always 50% off for something though so could just be marketing). Then you get another 20% off for using code facebook5. It's from liking them on Facebook. Then you if you read all the way down on the bottom you can also get a free upgrade. So order the 9' x 4' green and you get the 13.5' x 4' sent to you. Works on any size.

You should easily be able to get a decent size green for under $100. Just don't buy the extras like the under layer and bumper sides.

I got the 2 ft x 13.5 ft BirdieBall a couple of months ago, and am really enjoying it. I had to import from the US to South Africa, so cost was a big factor.

I try to putt for 2 hours a week (should be more, but it ain't easy to make the time with a 7 month old), and I have really seen the improvement in my putting. I am incredibly solid on anything between 3 and 6 feet these days, and have had many a playing partner comment on how easy I make these look.

Sure I don't make them all from 6 feet and in, but I never doubt myself when standing over these. Making 100s of them each week, makes it much easier!

I don't practice too many outside of the 6 feet range though. I will occasionally hit some from 9 feet, but not half as much as from 6 feet, and not a tenth of what I hit from 3 feet.

You will enjoy it, and if you use it consistently, it will definitely help your putting.

I am gonna brush mine to get the stimp back up. But to be honest, I don't really walk on mine much. Because it is only 2 feet in width, I usually setup next to the mat, and not one the mat itself.

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

Looking forward to what you think on it.

I quite liked mine until my cat discovered it. To this day I wonder if Birdie wasn't part of it's name if it would still be alive.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Actually they always have good deals at BirdieBall. Everything is 50% off for Christmas right now (seems like it's always 50% off for something though so could just be marketing). Then you get another 20% off for using code facebook5. It's from liking them on Facebook. Then you if you read all the way down on the bottom you can also get a free upgrade. So order the 9' x 4' green and you get the 13.5' x 4' sent to you. Works on any size.

You should easily be able to get a decent size green for under $100. Just don't buy the extras like the under layer and bumper sides.

Could you explain more about how to get the upgrade? I am really looking Minton this now, and if it is plausible to do that I will definitely either put it on the Christ,as list or buy it myself.

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

Could you explain more about how to get the upgrade? I am really looking Minton this now, and if it is plausible to do that I will definitely either put it on the Christ,as list or buy it myself.

Here is their Facebook page Use code facebook5 to get an additional 20% off.

Then check out the bottom of this page In the red text at the bottom (right above where you choose your options) it says how to get a free upgrade.

I purchased the 4X18 just over a year ago for ~ $160.00. I then built a platform for it using plywood and 2X3's for the base and 1X4's for the sides (so the balls wouldn't fall off)

Total investment was about $200.00.

It has two speeds 10 one way and 11 the other with three cups (2 on one side and 1 on the other).

I drilled holes in the frame and installed 4"white PVC to have a nice depth that hold ~ 8 balls comfortably.

Being in New England (even though last year was pretty mild) I used it from November to April. For the money, I think it's a great product. It rolls very true and has held up well. NOW, if you have young children or animals, beware as this is still (ultimately) a piece of foam. It can tear or be punctured pretty easily. I have never had an issue, but my youngest is 12 and uses often but is careful.

A push broom does work great (pulling it, NOT pushing it) to reset the speeds, remove any matted down areas where you stand, etc.

I just pulled it out and set it up for the off-season (season # 2)

There may be prettier or even more authentic products out there, but the ones I browsed on the web were out of my price range (400-500+).

Here is their Facebook page Use code facebook5 to get an additional 20% off.

Then check out the bottom of this page In the red text at the bottom (right above where you choose your options) it says how to get a free upgrade.

Sweet thanks. This will be going on my Christmas list with instructions. If I don't get it I may just buy it. That makes two putting aids on the list- this and the wheel deal. Hoping to get at least one of them, I could really use some putting improvement.

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

Sweet thanks. This will be going on my Christmas list with instructions. If I don't get it I may just buy it. That makes two putting aids on the list- this and the wheel deal. Hoping to get at least one of them, I could really use some putting improvement.

Same thing here. Now it's just a matter of seeing if I can actually make it to Christmas before just buying it :)

• 1 month later...

I was lucky enough to end up with the 4 by 13 for Christmas. I am planning on building a lifted area for it in the basement with bumpers and everything. Once it's done il post some pics for everyone and I'd love to give some thoughts/review if any one wants it.

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

I was lucky enough to end up with the 4 by 13 for Christmas. I am planning on building a lifted area for it in the basement with bumpers and everything. Once it's done il post some pics for everyone and I'd love to give some thoughts/review if any one wants it.

My wife got me the same one!! Just got it unrolled tonight, but haven't putted on it yet. Did yours come with a dozen birdieballs too?

What are you going to use for the platform?

I was thinking of just cutting a sheet of 3/4" MDF board to fit under it, then cutting out the holes in the board. If that's not high enough then I could always add 2x4's and build a platform.

spyers I have to say that I never did a review on mine because at the same time I got it we got a new dog. Non the less it was only around for a week before the dog thought it was grass. Then my wife made me get rid of it. So just a warning guys make sure that it is up and away from any pets because I tried many times to clean it and where it is more foam it won't come out.

On a side note the backing is really strong, I took it and cut a 4x5 section to put under my hitting mat in the garage, and it holds up quit well.

Happy putting guys.

Whats in the bag:

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

spyers I have to say that I never did a review on mine because at the same time I got it we got a new dog. Non the less it was only around for a week before the dog thought it was grass. Then my wife made me get rid of it. So just a warning guys make sure that it is up and away from any pets because I tried many times to clean it and where it is more foam it won't come out.

On a side note the backing is really strong, I took it and cut a 4x5 section to put under my hitting mat in the garage, and it holds up quit well.

Happy putting guys.

Ouch, that is one expensive potty mat!! I'm keeping my green in the basement right now and I don't let hte dog down there, so hopefully that won't happen here :)

My wife got me the same one!! Just got it unrolled tonight, but haven't putted on it yet. Did yours come with a dozen birdieballs too?

What are you going to use for the platform?

I was thinking of just cutting a sheet of 3/4" MDF board to fit under it, then cutting out the holes in the board. If that's not high enough then I could always add 2x4's and build a platform.

I was hoping to use 2x4s for the base, with 2x6s on the sides. I was just going to put plywood on top of that, then cut holes in it and use PVC for the holes. I was planning on making it into two 6.5 by 4 foot sections that lock together so I can disassemble and move it if space is needed.

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

I was hoping to use 2x4s for the base, with 2x6s on the sides. I was just going to put plywood on top of that, then cut holes in it and use PVC for the holes. I was planning on making it into two 6.5 by 4 foot sections that lock together so I can disassemble and move it if space is needed.

That's a good idea on the two sections, might have to do that too. I debated about plywood, but i was concerned it wouldn't be flat. Let me know how it goes.

Happy putting guys.

Yikes! That's one of the things I was/am worried bout, as it will be in the basement. I am planning on having something that goes right over top of it when it isn't in use.

Good thing you could at least salvage something!

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

To those of you that have/had it, do you have a crease in it? Slightly left of center mine has a visible crease that makes it so you cannot go directly at the center hole because it curves it off to the side.

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

To those of you that have/had it, do you have a crease in it? Slightly left of center mine has a visible crease that makes it so you cannot go directly at the center hole because it curves it off to the side.

You might want to contact them about that.. I didn't see anything like that in mine.. Mine was nice and smooth until it got pooped on...

Whats in the bag:

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

No creases here, putted a few tonight and it rolls really well. But I can already tell I won't be happy until I build a base for it. 1/2" hole depth on a concrete floor equals very hard to hole a putt.

Seems like these birdie ball putting mats are the real deal. I have been looking for a mat that will stand up to wear and tear in my basement. For the people out there, what size green do you have and do you feel it truly rolls the speed it says it does? Anyone customize theirs yet? I would want to,make it part of my golf room Just looking for ideas as I got a lot of golf stuff for Xmas and cannot justify any more purchases soon

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Seems like these birdie ball putting mats are the real deal. I have been looking for a mat that will stand up to wear and tear in my basement. For the people out there, what size green do you have and do you feel it truly rolls the speed it says it does? Anyone customize theirs yet? I would want to,make it part of my golf room Just looking for ideas as I got a lot of golf stuff for Xmas and cannot justify any more purchases soon

I got the 13.5' x 4' green, I'd say it rolls pretty true to speed so far, but I've hit about 10 putts on it. Can't speak to longevity yet, but we've already learned to keep pets away from it :)

With all the deals and upgrades on the birdie ball site it's about $130 for this size mat, which is one of the best bangs for your buck for an indoor green.

I haven't customized mine yet, but I have plans to build up a base for it and add bumpers on the sides.

Archived