I like the prep box and play box that has been discussed in the past.

Prep box is behind the ball ... practice swings/rhythm, etc.  2 of those.

Then choose the line, visualize the shot you want to hit, pick a spot 2-5 feet in front of the ball.

Step up to the ball.  Align clubface to spot you picked out.

Check your GPA.

G - grip

P - posture

A - alignment

Give one last look to the target and let er rip.

I used to do a practice swing next to the ball and then step forward to the ball but I never really felt like I could get good alignment that way.

• Like 3

I pick a spot on my line from behind the ball that's maybe 2 feet in front for alignment.

From there I step to my left then over to the ball and take a practice swing just feeling the club go all the way to the finish not hitting anything. Then I immediately step up to the ball, line up, and make a swing feeling just like the practice swing, not worrying about hitting the ball, just thinking about smooth tempo and picturing the target.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Pretty simple pre-shot routine for me and I keep it fairly consistent for all shots (even putts). Grab my club, stand behind the ball and grip the club, pick a target, address the ball, swing. I might add a waggle or something, but almost never make a practice swing unless I'm having to wait on playing partners or the group ahead.

My preshot routine consists of picking a line I want to hit on, putting the tee in the ground, picking a spot in front of the ball from the line I chose earlier. Stepping up and hitting the ball. I really need to incorporate a swing practice or two in there since lately, I'm feeling that the swing is out of kilter and a few swings can some what groove a better swing.

Post shot routine...a lot of head shaking and sometimes crying...😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

I recently started a better pre shot routine.

I look for a small imperfection about 3' in front of me on my line for all clubs. 3-4 rehearsals step in... a few waggles, then pull the trigger... lately I've been calling myself a few good names... as a matter of fact Ive been talking to the ball too much. Must be watching too many JS highlights.

My putting has been improving immensely. I like the ball to drop on the last revolution. Also been working on my misses. If it is uphill I make sure to miss short if I am going to miss so I have an uphill to clean up, and the opposite for downhill. Been trying to make the leave below the hole.

• Like 2

Depends on how I did on previous hole.

If I did bad then I sing a song to myself that helps me clear my mind and relax approaching he next tee box.

Otherwise, I take a couple practice swings until I am getting the right club path I'm looking for. Then I step up and let ‘er rip.

On my drives, I always pick a target line from behind the ball. Walk straight to ball, place driver behind and then align my feet. Deep breath and swing away.

I try to not overthink it...

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple Stupid

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

1. Pick a club
  2. Stand behind the ball and pick a target
  3. Point the club at the ball and one waggle at waist high
  4. Let the clubhead fall to the ground (my boss pointed this out; I never knew I did that)
  5. Step up to the ball and swing

If the lie is significantly above or below my feet, I'll take a few practice swings before getting behind the ball.

• Like 1

I now rehearse to ingrain a lesson taught to me by my club pro. Initiating the downswing by rotating the hips to drop the shoulder and hence arms into position at 9 o'clock. I do this twice,then back up behind the ball to pick my target,align my club and then pull the trigger.

I like the prep box and play box that has been discussed in the past.

Prep box is behind the ball ... practice swings/rhythm, etc.  2 of those.

Then choose the line, visualize the shot you want to hit, pick a spot 2-5 feet in front of the ball.

Step up to the ball.  Align clubface to spot you picked out.

Check your GPA.

G - grip

P - posture

A - alignment

Give one last look to the target and let er rip.

I used to do a practice swing next to the ball and then step forward to the ball but I never really felt like I could get good alignment that way.

^  this 

:)

I step on my partner's balls when he ain't looking :ph34r:

But only when money is involved

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Before every shot I do this

Ok, possibly not. 

Full: Stand behind the ball and line up the shot with a point within a foot of the ball. Set up the club face first, then my feet. Focus on my left arm and go.

Short: Stand behind the ball and line up the shot. Alight to the ball a club head away for two practice swings. Set up on the ball. Look at the pin again. Focus on my left arm and go

Putting: Line the put up from behind. Take a few swings for tempo/speed while looking at the hole. Step to the ball. Stare down the hole one last time to assert dominance. Putt.