2013 Nike Covert Driver

furu

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. Any announcement dates?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Alright, I clicked on the Nike above, & it took me to that page and it was like a corporate page, so what are they teasin us with?

Also, what is Cleveland copyin from TMaG? Please, please tell me it's not a white club? Please :P

Fairways & Greens 4ever

The ad itself, not the club. The clubs were the Rotex wedges.

So it is going to be red. All my Nike guys have been super hush hush over the line.

Come on Nike, make me a good wood/hybrid. The Pro Combo's get lonely B)

It's very quiet from Nike. I have some contacts that usually give me a hint or three about what's coming. Even the North Koreans would be proud of the secrecy.

I'm fairly sure that there will be some "players clubs".

It's very quiet from Nike. I have some contacts that usually give me a hint or three about what's coming. Even the North Koreans would be proud of the secrecy.

I'm fairly sure that there will be some "players clubs".

So far what I've got is that there will be a standard and player model for the woods. They "might" have a Kuro Kage shaft in them (like the Cell Pro) for the "pro" models.

There's the redo of the 20XI balls.

Everything else, they've clamed up pretty hard about. Pretty interesting to be honest because usually the Nike rep's have more leaks then a colander.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Hmmm now I have to see this before going for the Cell.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Someone at another site gave me some **** about posting the picture. Saying that Nike wasn't going to be happy about it. Well, it's cleared with Nike so no problem :)

This forum is so much more laid-back and not focused on conflict all the time. Thanks guys :)

I like Nike....kinda...kinda also don't......interesting

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

• SPY VIP

Here's another teaser that just went up on Nike's Facebook Page.

I'll be in NYC next week to check out the full 2013 Lineup from Nike. I've tried to replace it a couple of times already this season, but the Nike VR Limited keeps finding its way back into my bag. I swear to Tiger...or is it Rory now...if Nike has a new low spin model with this red thing going on, I'm going to be all over it like water on my golf ball.

nikered.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I'm not sure about the placement of the nike swoosh there but will reserve judgment until I can see the entire head. My interest is piqued for sure. Can't wait for more teasers

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

I'm not sure about the placement of the nike swoosh there but will reserve judgment until I can see the entire head. My interest is piqued for sure. Can't wait for more teasers

There's no way that swoosh is actually on the crown....is there? I assumed it was just part of the teaser graphic.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

There's no way that swoosh is actually on the crown....is there? I assumed it was just part of the teaser graphic.

If I hit it as well as I've hit some other Nike drivers; I don't care if there's an overlay of Tiger Wood's bare ass on the crown.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

This was my first look at this thread, I loved the ad. When I first glimpsed the ad, I had no idea what it is about but it just reeks of sexy and had me looking closely at it to see. Brilliantly done. It tells me that it has a hotter face (whether it really does is a different story. But max COR in the corner off the face. It has a bigger hosel so it must be adjustable. Which it has to be to sell in 2013. And it is kiss my a$$ red. ( I looked it up on the Sherwin Williams web site and it is listed as Kiss My A$$ Red.;))

I love this ad. It makes no boisterous claims yet still peaks the interest. Now, if Tiger AND Rory are seen on TV with a red driver instead of a white driver, I hope they made a bunch of them.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Now, if Tiger AND Rory are seen on TV with a red driver instead of a white driver, I hope they made a bunch of them.

Ain't THAT the truth!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

• SPY VIP

I've heard that the swoosh will be on top of the head, just like in the picture.

And really why not...golfers are only distracted by what they want to be distracted by.

I've got a 1 inch gouge on the crown of my VR Limited (headcovers with metal screws maybe not shining examples of functional design), I never notice it when I'm playing.

Well, if you look at the size of the hosel as your reference, the swoosh doesn't really look that big.

Also, looks like it's going to be another where you can do multiple lofts on the same club. According to the numbers on the hosel anyways

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• SPY VIP

Also, looks like it's going to be another where you can do multiple lofts on the same club. According to the numbers on the hosel anyways

That's what I'm hearing. It will be interesting to see if, like Cobra, Nike offers up a lower spinning, real-shafted, "Pro" or "Tour" version. To get the loft range the OEMs appear to want, the actual loft of the head will be in the 10-10.5 range.

That's what I'm hearing. It will be interesting to see if, like Cobra, Nike offers up a lower spinning, real-shafted, "Pro" or "Tour" version. To get the loft range the OEMs appear to want, the actual loft of the head will be in the 10-10.5 range.

I would suspect so. Everything that guys have let slip so far has pointed to there being two head designs.

I do have to add on a side note, that as someone who likes his club purchasing gratification to be upfront and early, I'm not enthralled if they release the info in November and then don't let us mortals get it until February as rumoured.

Anyone else find their site glitchy the past few days? I suspect new content is being uploaded like wo'ah and all.

• SPY VIP

I would suspect so. Everything that guys have let slip so far has pointed to there being two head designs.

I do have to add on a side note, that as someone who likes his club purchasing gratification to be upfront and early, I'm not enthralled if they release the info in November and then don't let us mortals get it until February as rumoured.

Anyone else find their site glitchy the past few days? I suspect new content is being uploaded like wo'ah and all.

'Tis the way of the industry now.

I've had AMP cell product in my hands for a month now. February release.

Some of the Callaway stuff is out there... February.

While some of the TMaG line will be shipping soon, (the woods) are still under embargo (and 1 million dollar NDAs), release...February.

The PGA Merchandise show still presents the best opportunity for the OEMs to showcase new products, so most still wait until after the show to release to retail.

Bah.

I'd honestly prefer more OEM's followed Titleist's lead. Let people pre-order the driver and get it out there early. Everyone gravitates to the driver in the new line first, before looking at everything else. It would satisfy getting more buzz out there, get the club ho's on your side and depending on how the early orders going, perhaps convince more buyers to pick up the line or the rest of the line. That's just my theory anyway.

• SPY VIP

Bah.

I'd honestly prefer more OEM's followed Titleist's lead. Let people pre-order the driver and get it out there early. Everyone gravitates to the driver in the new line first, before looking at everything else. It would satisfy getting more buzz out there, get the club ho's on your side and depending on how the early orders going, perhaps convince more buyers to pick up the line or the rest of the line. That's just my theory anyway.

I don't know if I'd use TItleist as the example...the buzz seems to quiet a bit more with each year. But yeah, I get what you're saying...although I think we'd agree that pre-ordering a driver, or a set of irons is at best silly, and at worst, stupid.

You do have to consider the other piece of the equation. Essentially, whoever goes last, very often wins. This is part of why OEMs detest the unauthorized leaks of spy pics. Everyone who with more than a rudimentary interest in golf equipment knows that Callaway, Titliest, TaylorMade, Nike, Cleveland, etc., etc., etc., all have new drivers coming. The longer they can delay the surprise, the better it usually is for them.

The hardcore loyalist is going to pre-order because he seems himself as a Titliest guy, or a TaylorMade guy, but most of us ride the fence from year to year waiting to see what impresses us most. Us guys, we're not pre-ordering the Titleist because we want to wait to see what the other guys will offer us...and we'll wait to buy until we see EVERYTHING.

And even if we all know differently, newer is still better...even if newer means 2 months newer. Being the last to an early (February/March) market definitely has advantages.

I'm not saying their reasoning is bad, I just don't like it :lol:

I was using Titleist as my example because the demo heads to fit people are out there now, even for the hybrids/fairways. Heck, I've already been fit for the entire 913 line. I probably don't fall into the group of how most people purchase their clubs but even so, for me, having already seen the performance with all the knowledge of stats for this and that, gives Titleist a strong leg up against every other brand.

In reality, I can see the reasoning behind the November shock to the February release to shock us all over again. My main annoyance I guess is the fitting options between then and now. If I have to wait for February for something to be released, then March or April for the fitting cart to be updated then into May/June when my custom order comes in that just doesn't fly for me. In fact, it pretty much crosses that line right off from being in consideration at all. I'm no longer wowed by the shock value in May/June.

I don't like the whole Nov/Feb thing but I can see the point for purchasing. Not for fitting.

I would perhaps also agree that not following such a model will likely work better for Titleist then Cobra due to the brand loyalty players making up most of the numbers.

Archived