TESTERS WANTED! ×

SNEAK-PEEK - 2013 Callaway X Hot Hybrid

GolfSpy_X

What gives with the ferrule? I really like the overall shape and I think the grey is a winner... but not that ferrule...looks cheap, though maybe I just prefer some taper...

Anyone know anything about the turf-interaction of these? The central under carriage looks pretty slick, just wondering if this is cosmetic or has some advantages?

• SPY VIP

This one didn't come from Callaway.

I can't believe that's the finished look. Then again, why send out a pic of an unfinished club....hmmm

#TruthDigest

TaylorMade RBZ TP 4 is 21.5! For a "players" hybrid! Not a big fan of the shape or look honestly.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I've had mine for a few weeks now, sorry but I haven't been given the go ahead to post pics yet. Mine is 16*

Is that the "Tour" version with less offset or the standard version? Just curious. A 16/17 is next on my hit list but I like a touch of offset in a club like that.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I do hope the top of that ferrule does get turned down before final production.

I know Callaway was fond of that flat top look, since they used an O-Ring for a long time, but this ferrule isn't cutting it.

The clubhead just looks like a cosmetic change to the RAZR and FT-IZ hybrids of prior years.

I see that Callaway is strengthening their lofts to keep up with the other OEM's.

That's too bad, really, but inevitable since Callaway has also strengthened the loft of their irons.

The RAZR and FT hybrids still had the #3 at 21* loft, while companies like TaylorMade and Adams were going to 18* or 19*.

We got rid of the three iron and replaced it with the three hybrid because so many weekend golfers could hit a three iron well. And now the four irons are lofted as strongly as the old three irons.

TaylorMade has Rocketballz and Rocketbladez with 5 irons lofted at 23*.

I think many companies are going to have to add another wedge eventually, another wedge besides the gap wedge between the PW and the SW, just to fill in the big loft gaps.

Another offset beast from Callaway. I really haven't liked their hybrids lately. I hook the crap out of the standards and the Tours I can hit decently but the sound and feel just isn't right for me...

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I'm still gaming the FTiz Hybrids.....got a 3 & 4 with stiff shafts.....I'm getting 170 yds from the #4 & 185 from the #3.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sick of offset on Callaway hybrids. I want the regular heads but no offset.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I'm sick of offset on Callaway hybrids. I want the regular heads but no offset.

I agree. There is no need for this much offset on clubs that are not high game improvement. I dont mind a tad bit, but I don't want to think about it at address.

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

• SPY VIP

There's not much I can legally say on the subject, so let me just suggest you all reserve judgement until there's something official from Callaway.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

There's not much I can legally say on the subject, so let me just suggest you all reserve judgement until there's something official from Callaway.

Duly noted, consider it reserved.

I guess this is a perfect example of the whole OEM not wanting spy pics to get out scenario? It seems very timely considering the discussion from the other thread.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Archived