TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

Fat Tire is awesome, made in Colorado. Try it if u haven't!

Ya I love fat tire my wife went to Colorado state in Fort Collins where it's made. I love most of there beers.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't there a beer thread on the forums that got a lot of traction a while back?

Ya I think there is one. I like Beer!!'

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Dan, be careful buddy. There are people against you! Saw this on the "Chive" app and laughed out loud.

image.jpg

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Today a 4 man best ball tournament for MS, put on by my friend who runs two courses down here. he was diagnosed with MS about 12 years ago. Play every year, fun event, we got a great day today. Heron Ridge look out!!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Ok back to beer... SPOTTED COW!!! Some of you should know what I'm talking about...

So I'm getting into scotch now... any suggestions? My girlfriend's dad kind of started me on scotch, but I'm a sucker for classic drinks (dirty martini, old fashioned, scotch, a good dry red, etc.).

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

I like Fat Squirrel better myself. I wish u could get New Glaurus outside of Wisconsin.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I usually go with Laphroig for scotch but I've been on a heavy rye kick lately. Mainly the Bulleit Rye and soda.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Ah, Scotch. So many flavor profiles. Start with small sample bottles and try as many as you can. Speyside, Isla, Highlands, Lowlands, Campbelltown, Islands...... many regions to choose from. Here's a link to get you started. Happy hunting.

http://www.scotchwhisky.net/

As for beer......... Arrogant Bastard was in the glass last night.

Ok back to beer... SPOTTED COW!!! Some of you should know what I'm talking about...

So I'm getting into scotch now... any suggestions? My girlfriend's dad kind of started me on scotch, but I'm a sucker for classic drinks (dirty martini, old fashioned, scotch, a good dry red, etc.).

I do, great beer, unfortunately, like Sprecher, not available in Jax.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I "played" yesterday, but it is more worthy for this thread than "how'd you play". Forecast was for showers 10am - 2pm and clearing, so booked a tee time for 1:30pm figuring the worst of it would be over and there would be no-one on the course...I was right about the second part...

Dropped into the pro shop and he said they had hardly had any rain at all so I figured, wrong again, that it must've gone around. First hole is a par-5, hit a great tee shot (in the fairway lol), get up to the ball and look up ... the blackest clouds you could imagine. Hit my second and a minute later the rain is coming down in bucketloads. Now we don't, as a rule, get rain like that, but it kept coming and coming - rivers running from the greens.

The short of it - we ran back to the club to hide and by the time we got there my iphone was screwed and I was carrying probably an extra 10lb of water on me. We regrouped and decided that we couldn't get any wetter, and they weren't closing the course, so when it had calmed a little got back out there and continued. It was actually a really fun round - no scores were kept (you couldn't putt on some greens).

Was great fun, but gutted about my phone. It feels weird not being contactable...

I "played" yesterday, but it is more worthy for this thread than "how'd you play". Forecast was for showers 10am - 2pm and clearing, so booked a tee time for 1:30pm figuring the worst of it would be over and there would be no-one on the course...I was right about the second part...

Dropped into the pro shop and he said they had hardly had any rain at all so I figured, wrong again, that it must've gone around. First hole is a par-5, hit a great tee shot (in the fairway lol), get up to the ball and look up ... the blackest clouds you could imagine. Hit my second and a minute later the rain is coming down in bucketloads. Now we don't, as a rule, get rain like that, but it kept coming and coming - rivers running from the greens.

The short of it - we ran back to the club to hide and by the time we got there my iphone was screwed and I was carrying probably an extra 10lb of water on me. We regrouped and decided that we couldn't get any wetter, and they weren't closing the course, so when it had calmed a little got back out there and continued. It was actually a really fun round - no scores were kept (you couldn't putt on some greens).

Was great fun, but gutted about my phone. It feels weird not being contactable...

Sounds like a wetsuit and a divers helmet was required! :D

Pity about the phone mate. :(

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Had my first eagle ever this past Friday. Playing the Whites at Heron Ridge number 1. I have been driving horribly as of late, but I blasted one about 280, and had 84 left. Grabbed my 56 degree wedge, hit it above the hole and it trickled back down the slope about 2 feet and went in!!! man, to bad the rest of the round wasn't like the first hole!!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Had my first eagle ever this past Friday. Playing the Whites at Heron Ridge number 1. I have been driving horribly as of late, but I blasted one about 280, and had 84 left. Grabbed my 56 degree wedge, hit it above the hole and it trickled back down the slope about 2 feet and went in!!! man, to bad the rest of the round wasn't like the first hole!!

This is deserving of the shot of the day thread!

Congrats!

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Congrats JB, thats fantastic! What was the (your) reaction like?

The Mr. Fancy Pants logo reminded me of a Jonathan Coulton song by the same title. It's not his best, but I dug up a few gems. Pardon the nerdy WoW theme, but the videos are great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDiDK_yBCw0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqvA5IyfSSQ

And his most famous song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjMiDZIY1bM

I could hardly believe it. Of course never had a hole in one, nor an eagle, let out a big whoo whoo. My buddy who runs the course heard about it from the cart girl, and when we went in after 18, he gave he a signed range ball from him. Jack Ass!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

I completely missed this John, congrats!

I just looked at my calendar for late May to the end of June. It's fantastic (the Mrs says appalling) how much golf I'll be playing in a short period of time, at least for me.

Those irons better show up when they say they will. I love custom orders but I hate waiting for them

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Big day for the family tomorrow ... I have my visa interview at the US Consular office at 10am ... excited, but nervous as I have very little idea what to expect...

Expect to have a great interview cool.gif

Don't worry about it, just be yourself, and everything will fall into place.

(If not I here that RP is looking for a bride so you may find citizenship that way rolleyes.gif)

Big day for the family tomorrow ... I have my visa interview at the US Consular office at 10am ... excited, but nervous as I have very little idea what to expect...

It's not too bad mate. Just make sure you have all your documentation, photo's etc. They might grill you a bit about your relationship, but it's overall not a bad experience.

Matt

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Archived