Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

If you can get a set of 33s, I'd jump on 'em. I think that ya know how I feel about them.

Richard,

I came across a set of MP32's with a Adams Pro Black 18* hybrid and was able to get the hybrid with 4-9 iron for $30 more than just what a hybrid sells for. If I do not like it I will turn around and sell the hybrid. So I will have a set of MP32's with a MP33 PW. The 33 PW is 1* weaker than a 32 PW. This is probably for the best because honestly, I do not hit the normal 9 iron that much farther than a PW. The MP33's were just more money than I want to spend on something that the first thing I am going to do is sand it and put it in acid.

I came across a guy a few months ago who had a set of MP32's. OMG those were sweet irons. They made my 62's seem harsh. So I am very excited about this set up. I will strip them and blue them and add to the bluing thread.

BTW, I am not surprised you father took offense at the comparison to the golf pro.:lol:

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found a set of 32's for $175. Worth it?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

+ 1 I played 32s for a while and they are great felling clubs.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Almost like the Fg 59s. That's why I like 'em so much.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

I wish you would quit talking about your FG 59s! :blink: Just kidding. But after hitting my 17s recently it's making me wish I hadn't sold them!

• SPY VIP

Dude, you're killin me. I just wrote a post on the counterfeit thread about the authentic 8802 vs all of the rest. I just gave New Zealand Brad my 8802 a few days ago that I'm gonna ship out with his hybrid when I get back this week-end.

Bro, if ya woulda asked last week Ida given it to ya. And it's no biggie, cuz even though they're iconic and all of that stuff, I picked mine outa a barrel for $40 & you should be able to pick up a pristine one for under a $100, at the very, very tops.

Anyways, sorry Dude. I do have a Yes Sophia(Pink filled), which is their 8802 version with the C-Grooves. It's sweet & in nice condition, if ya wanna look at that. A real nice roll on the ball, much nicer than the 8802, unless you gotta pure, & I do mean pure, stroke.

Lemme know

Fairways & Greens 4ever

No biggie. I'm more thinking nostalgic value sitting on a shelf at home. I was the best putter in Canada when I had that thing.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

BTW with these kinda number we're the most active thread on this site :P

615 Replies

We should rename it to attract new golfers to the site on google searches

The Seinfeld "Thread about nothing" like Rick said? Unless you're still thinking about "Movements"! :P

Dude, you're killin me. I just wrote a post on the counterfeit thread about the authentic 8802 vs all of the rest. I just gave New Zealand Brad my 8802 a few days ago that I'm gonna ship out with his hybrid when I get back this week-end.

Bro, if ya woulda asked last week Ida given it to ya. And it's no biggie, cuz even though they're iconic and all of that stuff, I picked mine outa a barrel for $40 & you should be able to pick up a pristine one for under a $100, at the very, very tops.

Anyways, sorry Dude. I do have a Yes Sophia(Pink filled), which is their 8802 version with the C-Grooves. It's sweet & in nice condition, if ya wanna look at that. A real nice roll on the ball, much nicer than the 8802, unless you gotta pure, & I do mean pure, stroke.

Lemme know

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Ding dong, you have mail! Email in your inbox

• SPY VIP

Ok, my opinion of the guys in the forum grows every day, however Brad(New Zealand) just did something's that's huge, at least in my eyes, and since I'm in the middle of this, my eyes are the only ones that count. ;)

Ok, here's the deal. As I said above, I had given Brad my 8802, which I'm gonna ship out with the hybrid that he bought. So Danno posts that, well, I'm not repeatin it, so just read my post above.

So, I get this e-mail from Brad sayin that it sounds like Danno really wants a 8802 more than him(Brad), so he says to give the 8802 to Danno and he'll take the Yes Sophia, which is Yes's heel shafted blade with the C-Grooves. Sweet putter.

So, Danno, Merry Christmas Bro, ya got your 8802. It's be in the package with Nidine's goodies.

Thanks Brad. I think that ya made Dan's day. I know your gesture made mine.

Ok, dinner time. Ya know, I don't understand it, however with the Clinic bein a world-class hospital, how can they have such sh*tty food. Seriously, it sux. :angry: And they're lettin me order off of this "qourmet" menu. Man, I'd hate to see what the regular menu stuff tastes like ;)

ok, see ya in a bit. I definitely can't type and eat at the same time.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Ummm Brad. :blush: :wub: :wilson_staff_small: :blush: :wub:

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

Ok, I'm back. Man, did dinner suck. I ordered linquini w/clam sauce, and they were spaghetti noodles. Seriously. And I supposedly get the "qourmet" dinners. What the hell? :angry:

Anyway, thanx guys, however you will get more use outa the putters than I. 27 more to go.lol :lol:

No Danno, what I'm thinkin is I'll just put Tuna's putter in with yours & Nidines stuff and save on postage(at least that's the plan, lol). At least that's one less box that I gotta get. My mom called today and she got a bag box for a bag that I'm sendin out. Man, it's a pain in the ass gettin boxes, especially when ya gotta get a 46-48" box for drivers.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

It's all good. Ship it here I'll test to make sure it's in good working condition fist too. :P

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

No Danno, what I'm thinkin is I'll just put Tuna's putter in with yours & Nidine's stuff and save on postage(at least that's the plan, lol). At least that's one less box that I gotta get. My mom called today and she got a bag box for a bag that I'm sendin out. Man, it's a pain in the ass gettin boxes, especially when ya gotta get a 46-48" box for drivers.

Absolutely. Shipping is pricey, no need to do it twice.

Also heck yes to getting boxes. One of the perks about being a club ho though is that the guys at the store like me enough to just give me some when I ask for them. They usually know it means I'm selling to order something else to test out :lol:

Though, that reminds me. I need to start a thread in the DIY section. Annoyed with not getting work done how I want from the OEM's. I'm just going to do it myself. Useless muppets sometimes.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

With all the giving love around here I should post what the FedEx man just dropped off at work. Little MoM schwag.

swingsmart.jpg

That is truly the gift that gives back. I can not wait to hear all about it.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

• SPY VIP

That is truly the gift that gives back. I can not wait to hear all about it.

Full intentions of posting about it when I get a decent amount of time.

Thanks again to Angelo @ Swingsmart for this generous prize (I emailed him already but wanted to put it on the forums)

Oh and thanks MGS if yer reading in here!

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

Dude, whata about me? I mean there was no one on the site pullin for ya more than I. B)

The fact that that had absolutely nothing to do with your winning is besides the point...I think ;)

Also, the fact that I would so shamelessly prostitute myself for such a simple, innocent gesture as a thank you should have no bearing either.

And yes, I do believe the the powers that be at MGS, while they are good and trusting souls, do occasionally drop in here, because giving us editorial freedom is one thing, whowever carte blanche freedom?

Nah, I don't think so.

I sure as hell wouldn't :P

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Dear R.P. Jacobs II,

Without you I would not be the man I am today, I dedicate my MoM award to you. Your kindness and generosity is the true foundation that makes MyGolfSpy the internet powerhouse for all things golf it is today.

Once again thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm sure their are other in this thread that share my sentiment.

Your Friend.

Manbearpig :rolleyes:

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I've been wondering why the boards haven't been very busy the past couple days...you guys are all in here!!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Archived