Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for the sentiments.

I think my 2 girls had more fun making and eating the cake than anyone. biggrin.gif

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Did someone say cake?

Only if it's Ice cream cake.

Lordie, I don't know what version of crack they put in those things but it's awfully good. Though aside form Bday's, those things are definately off the menu these days.

4lbs down, 26 to go!

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• SPY VIP

Only if it's Ice cream cake.

Lordie, I don't know what version of crack they put in those things but it's awfully good. Though aside form Bday's, those things are definately off the menu these days.

4lbs down, 26 to go!

Dude I dropped 15 in the last month purely on eating healthy. Lemme know if you want my diet plan :P

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Dude I dropped 15 in the last month purely on eating healthy. Lemme know if you want my diet plan :P

It would be more but I've had food issues due to the kiddo and the lack of sleep. She really harshes on my weight loss/sleep buzz :lol:

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Happy (belated) birthday FirstKart! :D

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Man, golfworks site is really annoying sometimes. Add most of the stuff, go to add C Tapers and suddenly I'm on the US site with only C Tapers in the cart. Click back to the Canadian version and there's all the stuff minus the C Tapers.

Bah. Their site is wicked glitchy sometimes.

Feeling great, except the cabin fever for playing some golf!!! I am sure ready to get that R11 on the course, way over due!!! On the sober front, haven't touched anything since Feb 6th, miss the social aspect of beer with the buddies, but I will wait for late Spring/Summer for that, even skipping my national holiday, St. Paddy's Day!

Thanks guys for asking, not struggling at all, in fact it's been quite easy, but you guys are always there for a fellow member and that's not forgotten! I would also like to mention, I have doubled my golf wardrobe by cutting out work clothes and wearing golfing clothes to work!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

The tease is Virginia Beach, will be 65 on a work day, and by the time the weekend rolls in, it's either raining, 40 and the wind blowing 20 mph! Those work days sitting in my office wishing I could be out playing hurt. The timer on my desk counting down to my Buddy Pinehurst Trip is a killer to, sitting at 82 days, 16 hours and 40 minutes!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

This seems like the place to post anything, so........... What the hell is the deal with the price of razor blades?!

My wife usually just gets them for me when she goes grocery shopping. Lately she's been coming back with a brand new razor every time I tell her I need blades. She says the price of blades for my razor are around $16 bucks and it's cheaper to just get a new razor that comes with another blade.

I use the Gillette Mach 3. I went to get blades myself this morning, thinking there is no way they can cost that much. Bull$hit! $15 bucks for 5 blades! Ridiculous!

This seems like the place to post anything, so........... What the hell is the deal with the price of razor blades?!

My wife usually just gets them for me when she goes grocery shopping. Lately she's been coming back with a brand new razor every time I tell her I need blades. She says the price of blades for my razor are around $16 bucks and it's cheaper to just get a new razor that comes with another blade.

I use the Gillette Mach 3. I went to get blades myself this morning, thinking there is no way they can cost that much. Bull$hit! $15 bucks for 5 blades! Ridiculous!

I hear this I can't stand the high cost of blades. I find my self not shaving for days just so I don't wear out the ones I got.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

The pricing is stupid, and completely irresponsible. I just completed a study where through probability analysis we were able to predict that 1,0176,600,000 tons of plastic will have been transferred to landfills by the year 2023...

The number is astonishing.. (There is a floating pile of plastic in the pacific ocean right now that is the size of texas!) and why would you encourage wasting more plastic that cannot be downcycled by encouraging the purchase of an entirely new product? Some things in the world just don't make sense...

On a happier note, although it snowed yesterday, I'm going golfing! Buddies trip down to Myrtle leaving tmrw! Life is good...

I have doubled my golf wardrobe by cutting out work clothes and wearing golfing clothes to work!

Don't feel like the "Lone Ranger" John. I don't see any point in buying clothes that can't be worn on the course!

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I've never liked electric razors and just started buying the disposables in bulk a few years ago. I suppose the trend may be to electric shavers but I don't plan to change.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I stock up on a years supply of Mach3 blades whenever I'm in the States, cos they're even more expensive in New Zealand. It's ridiculous, but buying them in bulk from Costco when we're over in your neck of the woods definitely is the cheapest option.

Any of you guys ever check out that blade sharpener gizmo I've seen on TV?

I've worn a full beard for the last 26 years. I tried the electric route, but I can't get it shaped right with one of the damned things. I'm a Cabinetmaker and I work at a bench, so I don't have to shave every day for the sake of being presentable for an office job. Unfortunately, shaving is still a requirement unless I just let it grow wherever it will. :D

Any of you guys ever check out that blade sharpener gizmo I've seen on TV?

I've worn a full beard for the last 26 years. I tried the electric route, but I can't get it shaped right with one of the damned things. I'm a Cabinetmaker and I work at a bench, so I don't have to shave every day for the sake of being presentable for an office job. Unfortunately, shaving is still a requirement unless I just let it grow wherever it will. :D

I'm a software engineer. If I was too clean cut, they wouldn't take me seriously :lol:

Gillette (head honcho) got creamed in the Liverpool deal, had to sell the Habs, etc. Hence the price of razor blades. Grand pappy needs his fortune back

I switched to a double edge safety razor because the other blades were so expensive. Cost me $12 for the razor itself and $17.50 for 30 Feather blades from Amazon. Change them once a month (I shave 3 days a week) and I have enough blades for 2.5 years. :D

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Archived