Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

Actually, the mechanical failure sounds good so I'm gonna run with that. Regarding the women, no so much. I mean, there are some Beautiful women, don't get me wrong, however when I go to places like Toronto, and when I lived in Chi-town(now there's a city Boys!), now there's a city with heaping amounts of Beautiful women.

And I was just outa college then. Oh man, this thread could really take off if we get into that chapter !.lol

Which brings to mind, are there any good post college stories that occurred prior to any if you Gentleman "growing up" & maturing?. Please, take some pressure off of me. lol

Fairways & Greens forever

No no. By all means, please continue on with your stories :D

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Man, everything really is different in the US. I'm glad we don't have those sorts of McDonalds up here :lol:

Back when I was driving a truck I went to Canada a lot[ on a contract with Ontario Hydro and the Canadian Transport Ministry] The Canadian truckers called Mc Donalds "Rotten Ronnies" but as a footnote I loved Tim Horton doughnuts and pastries

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• SPY VIP

Back when I was driving a truck I went to Canada a lot[ on a contract with Ontario Hydro and the Canadian Transport Ministry] The Canadian truckers called Mc Donalds "Rotten Ronnies" but as a footnote I loved Tim Horton doughnuts and pastries

Tim Horton's! You just said the magic password. Let me be the first to formally invite you to the MGS Vancouver Open. :)

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

Now there's a man who left us wayyyyy too young!!

He played a short time with the Pens, though I believe that he was with the Sabres when he was driving back from Toronto to Buffallo when his Ford Pantera went off the Queen E & launched him from the vehicle. He was a legend, & none other than Gordie Howe called him the strongest man in hockey.

Anyway, another one(actually 3) semi-worthless factoids about Tim Horton's restaurants:

1) They surpassed McD's in 2002 for number of restaurant units in Canada(4071 as of 07/12) & surpassed them in dollar sales that year, never looking back.

2) Tim Horton's controls 76% of the market for baked goods in Canadian fast food/restaurant sales.

3) Tim Horton's controls 62% of the market in Coffee sales, followed by Starbucks @ #2. Starbucks market share? 7%!

A true Canadian treasure!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Seriously, is there any topic you don't know anything about? Amazed at the knowledge and information.

So the Mrs., Tuna and I were chatting on the course today and we're officially expecting to cya here next summer.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

Well we've talk love, life, golf and pretty much everything else. Who needs they rest of the forums when we pretty much have em all in one big thread. I'm not stopping now til we get another 2000 views!

We could talk Steelers if ya like. Dwyer of Redman gonna get the load tomorrow?

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Well we've talk love, life, golf and pretty much everything else. Who needs they rest of the forums when we pretty much have em all in one big thread. I'm not stopping now til we get another 2000 views!

We could talk Steelers if ya like. Dwyer of Redman gonna get the load tomorrow?

I need Big Ben to get me 29 points this week. I've been trash talking pretty bad in my league and I need to save face here :D.

R.P., I would like your opinion on the following "golf' related topics:

"Why does the Villages in FLA have the highest sexually transmitted disease rate in the country, and they are a retirement community?"

"Which would be the best course in Southern Africa?"

"If you were to choose one golf clothing line to outfit yourself to look both sexy, and stand out on the course, what would it be?"

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

First, I assume Cleveland is for treatments. Best wished and thinking happy thoughts for you.

Those were epic answers and thank John for steering this thread on that direction. So it looks like we're at the "Dear RP" session part so I'll go next.

I'm looking for a time piece for my wrist that says classy and sophisticated without a touch of douchiness. It also needs to work with jeans and a 3 piece.

What is the appropriate and acceptable date for one to put up their Christmas tree?

thanks for your time,

Manbearpig

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Do you bet $$ on this weekly or is it like a pool at the beginning of season? Can you win $$ weekly? I can't believe that I love football & I'm totally clueless on the rules and set-up.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

It's a pool. $20 buyin for each of us, twelve of us playing. At the end of the season, the person who wins the championship gets most of the money. I was in second last year and got $60.

The money is really just to make things more interesting though, none of us care to make it too serious by having a bigger buy in.

R.P. who do you like this week in a PPR league, DeShawn Jackson or Darrius Heywood Bey? My 3rd wr, first 2 are Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshal!!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Ahh, the old "I am not guessing trick." Staying neutral, I understand!

I just reread and saw you are heading to Cleveland for treatment, my prayers are with you of course, but man, any where but Cleveland!!!!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Now, for your last question, regarding my clothier of choice for my golfwear,let me just say that my top two priorities in choosing my clothing is not to "look sexy" or to "stand out." My main priority is comfort. As I am 6'2" tall & currently weigh in at 221lbs., I am not built like Camilo Villegas, hence, I do not like "form fitting" shirts. I prefer a looser, "baggier" fit if you will. Not sloppy, because although many of you may find this hard to believe, I am slightly vain, so I do like to look good on the course. I only wear slacks, no shorts, though I've done this my whole life, so heat doesn't phase me. Regarding

"sexy," while I take pride in both my clothing & appearance, frankly any sexiness that I might have, radiates from my eyes(blue), smile & personality(according to a few of these women in this thread..LOL). My clothing, both on the course and off it is fairly conservative. 90% of my shopping is from either Brooks Brothers or LL Bean for most of my casual wear, though the majority of my golf attire is Ralph Lauren Polo, however as those who know me know, I'm big on pink shirts(Breast Cancer) & Adidas had some sweet patterned solids & striped shirts which I added this year, so I am flexible, if I might say so myself. It doesn't seem to have hurt me, at least not in any discernable manner..LOL

Well, I hope that this helps, and Bro, thanks for keepin the thread alive! We couldn't do it without ya :-)

My Best

Fairways & Greens 4ever

But he does like to feel sexy so he always wears a leopard patterned pink thong.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Fascinating.

People are weird man.

RP: Will the Jaguar's ever not be a sucky francise? NFL isn't really my sport but for some reason I'm drawn to that darned logo

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Fascinating.

People are weird man.

RP: Will the Jaguar's ever not be a sucky francise? NFL isn't really my sport but for some reason I'm drawn to that darned logo

It is leopard patterned thongs not Jaguars.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

It is leopard patterned thongs not Jaguars.

And now that is what I'm going to associate NFL football with for ever.

Any witty or scathing commentary that is heaped upon the head of football that slashes like a finely honed razorblade, well, it's all your fault now :P

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

A good answer none the less.

I seem to recall something about a hold out player at the start of the season that their owner kept going on TV and Radio to call a fool or some such.

Excellent working conditions those.

• SPY VIP

Actually, they're pink leopard patterned boxers. While I'm not fat(38" waist), I don't have a six-pack, so thongs are not my brief of choice. Since my peeps do deserve to know my secrets, I will tell ya that I have a "Santa" thong, that while it is not very comfortable(That back string..lol), it does get a very nice reaction from my "elves."

The "pouch" is a Santa Claus face, with beard, hat and all. I used to only wear it one night a year, though the reaction was such, and the "rewards" were so nice, that I feel obligated to wear it myriad evenings to give my "elves" what they want.

Ya gotta keep em happy!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

You are approaching the status of greatest human I've never met in person each day.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Archived