TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Gadget Inventor from Seattle

Hi Randy. Welcome to MGS! Perfect place to be if ya can't be on the course or range. lOl. A lot of great guy/gals & definitely no shortage of advice or advisors to help you improve your game. lol.

The Best to ya,

Richard

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Richard - Thank you for the welcome! I forgot to mention how I can benefit this group. I have a gadget - which can be used to record swings - that I'd like to give away for honest feedback. Please let me know if this is not appropriate in these forums.

Cheers!

Randy G.

236087205437476991_L73iMdkh_c.jpg

Hi Randy

Welcome to the forum!

I see that you managed to raise your target on Kickstarter. Love the whole Kickstarter concept. Have backed a couple of projects before.

I would definitely be interested in your product, as I haven't really figured out how to reliably record my swing.

PM me if the offer still stands.

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

Very intriguing. Is the mount universal? As in any phone (or maybe GPS mount in my golf cart), or are there phone specific models?

I'd love to hear more about it.

Welcome to site!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Welcome and best of luck with your product.

Looks nice. One request I would have is the part that attaches to the phone is mountable on a gorilla pod by Joby, which would be ideal for taking to the range. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything better than this: http://joby.com/smartphones/griptight-mount/ . And that one covers the screen...

Cool - welcome to MGS!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Greetings from sun-suppressed Seattle!

I am anxious to get into golf after showing an invention of mine to a golfer.

It's truly an addicting game :)

I hope to make a quick study by connecting on this forum.

Cheers!

Randy G.

Welcome to the forum from New Zealand Randy! I just watched your video on Kickstarter - crazy cool! I'm stoked that you guys have reached your first funding target, and I'm sure you'll double your target in no time. My wife went to U.W, and while I was in the process of convincing her that I was a nice guy I managed to spend 6 weeks in Seattle and even visited Everett. Actually, she's back there in two weeks for a visit with friends (i'm staying here to golf!).

Welcome again

Brad

Hi all - thank you for the warm welcome. I'm always a bit skeptical to share as I don't want to be in the spam category, but as a rookie golfer, sharing my swings with my smartphone has been the biggest game-changer for me... I hope I can share that experience.

@hckymeyer - Yes! It's universal with any phone or phone with a case between 51mm and 72mm. Various attachments can be used and I will find a way to attach to golf carts and upload a photo!

@WDGolf - The MilliMount has a standard thread for almost all tripods and works well with Joby products :) I'm also glad you shared Joby's product. Reason being - my main business (after my recent layoff) is to create prototypes. If anyone has an idea, they need to get their idea out of their heads asap. If I launched my product when it came to mind, I would have had a grip on this niche a year ago. Thankfully, I have a slight edge over their product with the windshield mount usage... so I still have a small portion of the market :)

@aotearoabrad - I'm very jealous! I would love to live in New Zealand! I thank you for your encouraging words and I think I have a 2nd wind coming for this project.

Cheers!

Randy

I have a couple of favourite memories of Seattle / Washington State - seeing the extremely enthusiastic Salmon throwing at Pike's market :lol: and managing to get up to Levenworth for a weekend when they had a big Festival on - snowed on the way up there and had a fantastic weekend, even saw some deer prints in the snow, and lots of salmon in the catchments they've got there - I remember it like a postcard - such a beautiful place. Most classic thing I found in Levenworth ... a little Kiwi and Aussie shop selling things like Vegemite, toy kangaroos and kiwis, etc - totally out of place, but just super funny!

Sorry about going of-topic... :rolleyes:

You'll find no shortage of great people here to help you test out your product Randy, and if you want some intl feedback then let me know.

Enjoy

Brad

You'll find no shortage of great people here to help you test out your product Randy, and if you want some intl feedback then let me know.

No kidding. I balanced my iPhone on a 5 gallon bucket tonight. Looks like a good product.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Hello and welcome

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Sorry about going of-topic... :rolleyes:

Enjoy

Brad

Thanks or sharing your experiences up here... I'm new to the area and looking forward to checking out those places.

Also, glad to have found this forum and agree... all great so far :)

I'm working on a clip to attach my product to golf bags as well as the golf cart. I'm thinking of making a post for the first 5 responses to get a free prototype :)

Thanks or sharing your experiences up here... I'm new to the area and looking forward to checking out those places.

I'm working on a clip to attach my product to golf bags as well as the golf cart. I'm thinking of making a post for the first 5 responses to get a free prototype :)

If you need a tester for the golf cart clip let me know. I have one in the garage :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• SPY VIP

I'd love a prototype btw. There is interest here at work to try it with our app ;)

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I'd definitely be interested in the golf bag attachment. Would the plan be to offer the golf bag attachment as one of the kickstarter pledge offers?

Hi Randy and welcome! We are new to MGS as well and look forward to sharing ideas with you and the rest of the loyal following here. We would love to test your product and would also be interested in carrying it in our store once you begin manufacturing.

We get tons of inquiries each week from our customers for iPhone and iPad mounting solutions (not just for video purposes, but for displaying swing data driven from all the new swing analyzers and apps that have become very popular).

playbetterstore_logo.png

The PlayBetter Store was created with one single goal in mind; provide the training aids necessary to help golfers improve their game and have more fun on the course.

We offer a 60-Day No Questions Asked Return Policy because we want to make sure you are only using products that have a legitimate chance of improving your game.

We are a proud partner of MyGolfSpy.com and invite all of you to take 15% off your next order by using promo code: MYGOLFSPY during checkout.

PlayBetterStore.com | Twitter | Facebook

Welcome Randy to MGS, also wish you well on your inventions.

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Richard - Thank you for the welcome! I forgot to mention how I can benefit this group. I have a gadget - which can be used to record swings - that I'd like to give away for honest feedback. Please let me know if this is not appropriate in these forums.

Cheers!

Randy G.

236087205437476991_L73iMdkh_c.jpg

Is that a kind of tripod stand for iPhone?

I've been looking for something which I can used for recording my swing on the golf range.

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

I am not sure how many of you are family with this great product called Speed Chain, http://www.golf-swing-tips.com/speed-chain-instructions.html.

It looks like a good product with great reviews by many users. However it suffered from one very serious drawback. It requires quite a lot of room space to use. For people like me who lives in the city and in a tiny apartment, using the Speed Chain is not possible.

So here's the challenge - re-invent the speed chain into a gadget that can be used indoors safely. Anybody up for it?

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Archived