Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

TMS, first, hello & welcome to the forum. Great to have ya & especially if you've made it your life's work to get some legitimate inside info on the various TMaG offerings(or at least a hobby...lol).

The Best

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Thanks Ag. Plano! It's nice to be here and I love the site. All members is very kind and I love to see clubs before the release date!

The Best to all and especially Ag. Plano.

Looks a tad like the Adams F12. Is that a coincidence?..lol.

They probably got that from Adams since they were the first to implement that feature(9064LS w/DFS). For me personally, that does nothing for me as I play my driver at 44.75".

I can't see many scratch/low cappers playin with that & I think that from a consistency standpoint, if a mid/high capper GETS FIT properly, there's no need for that adjustment. Since most talk about gettin fit and don't get fit properly, maybe they can do trial by error to reach their optimum shaft length. Lol(sorta)

Hey, one thing TMaG knows how to do is market a driver, whether it's the best one for the player or the features truly help the player's game is irrelevent.

Noone does it better

Againm thanx for the pic & hope that ya enjoy the site.

Stay involved!

My Best,

Richard

I think that they could market the driver with: Shorter for Precision & Longer for Distance

Here's a picture of their new fairway wood, supposedly 10 yards longer than the RBZ!:

TM2013FWWood.jpg

:blink:

That's funny :)

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Here's a picture of their new fairway wood, supposedly 10 yards longer than the RBZ!:

TM2013FWWood.jpg

:blink:

I swear to God if they actually say it's 10 Yards Longer...

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

The new fairway is an adjustable RBZ and the retail on it is insane.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

This topics post was like reading the funny papers. The pics are fantastic... great spies we have here! lol

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

The new fairway is an adjustable RBZ and the retail on it is insane.

Wait if they abandoned the adjustable RBZ driver why would they go make the fairway adjustable? Will it be more expensive than whatever comes out of the R line? I suppose they call the R line their top driver and the Burner / RBZ line their top fairway. At least it seems to sell like that.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Wait if they abandoned the adjustable RBZ driver why would they go make the fairway adjustable? Will it be more expensive than whatever comes out of the R line? I suppose they call the R line their top driver and the Burner / RBZ line their top fairway. At least it seems to sell like that.

The adjustable RBZ is gonna be 3 bills and then some. It was either $369 or $379(don't remember the exact number, sorry).

They're not abandoning the adjustable RBZ, they're offering a fixed hosel version, at a cheaper price. Target that consumer demographic.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 

It will be interesting to see how we'll these speed pockets actually perform on drivers. I can at least somewhat believe it has an effect in woods and hybrids, but I have to admit I am a little skeptical.

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

The adjustable RBZ is gonna be 3 bills and then some. It was either $369 or $379(don't remember the exact number, sorry).

They're not abandoning the adjustable RBZ, they're offering a fixed hosel version, at a cheaper price. Target that consumer demographic.

Holy shizzzzz... Who in their right mind would pay almost $400 for a standard 3 wood? It better come with some serious shaft options, not the stock garbage in the current one.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Get a good fitting on the fixed one and put the extra $150 towards an upgraded shaft.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

What's a "good fitting" going to do for someone who over or under releases their swing? The shaft can play a part but most of that is the face angle of the club.

Adjustment makes that a simple fix. Go ask how many club builders are willing to try and bend a RBZ head for you. My experience so far says, not many.

Adjustability isn't just about screwing with things. It's about doing easy things to properly fit someone. It also has the added bonus of letting the customer see the results of the adjustment and if they're comfortable with it before they purchase it. Some thing that's fairly handy when it's a new client and you don't have the rapport built up.

And before the arguments come about fixing the swing, let's look at this rather plausabile scenario.

Client hits their irons fine (offset plus a softer tip) as well as their driver (already adjusted to close). Now they need something between their 4 iron and driver and are looking for as much distance as possible since they aren't a long ball hitter.

Entre RBZ adjustable fairway at $399 lets say. Problem solved.

Or said player then goes and takes lessons.

$250 to $300 for a properly fit fairway after the lessons

$225 for the lessons (assuming 3 lessons at around $75 a shot which is typical here).

Cost for RBZ: $399

Cost for fairway+lessons: $475 to $525

That's also assuming "they" actually learn what they need to from the lessons. Or they can just trundle along with the swing they've had for the past 20 years, still be happy and have a club that works without any extra practicing effort.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• SPY VIP

What's a "good fitting" going to do for someone who over or under releases their swing? The shaft can play a part but most of that is the face angle of the club.

Adjustment makes that a simple fix. Go ask how many club builders are willing to try and bend a RBZ head for you. My experience so far says, not many.

Adjustability isn't just about screwing with things. It's about doing easy things to properly fit someone. It also has the added bonus of letting the customer see the results of the adjustment and if they're comfortable with it before they purchase it. Some thing that's fairly handy when it's a new client and you don't have the rapport built up.

And before the arguments come about fixing the swing, let's look at this rather plausabile scenario.

Client hits their irons fine (offset plus a softer tip) as well as their driver (already adjusted to close). Now they need something between their 4 iron and driver and are looking for as much distance as possible since they aren't a long ball hitter.

$225 for the lessons (assuming 3 lessons at around $75 a shot which is typical here).

That's also assuming "they" actually learn what they need to from the lessons. Or they can just trundle along with the swing they've had for the past 20 years, still be happy and have a club that works without any extra practicing effort.

Well said

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Holy shizzzzz... Who in their right mind would pay almost $400 for a standard 3 wood? It better come with some serious shaft options, not the stock garbage in the current one.

The original TE Exotic came to retail at $399.99.... And we sold the crap out of it.. If that club said TaylorMade or Ping on the bottom, you could charge whatever you want... Like lobster at a seafood place.... Market Price.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

It will be interesting to see how we'll these speed pockets actually perform on drivers. I can at least somewhat believe it has an effect in woods and hybrids, but I have to admit I am a little skeptical.

The "speed pocket" on the RBZ is where the distance comes from. Having one on the bottom but not the top delofts the face at impact, adding distance... they'll probably do the same with drivers. The thing with drivers though is they usually flex enough already with the big face, so a speed pocket might hurt distance.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Oh you guys are killing me here! Welcome Taylor Made Spy - see what you've gotten yourself into?

I could see that marketing, shorter for more accuracy, longer for more distance - of course it's not true - one could easily hit a 44 inch or 43.5 inch driver (Luke Donald and Sergio) farther than a 46" driver if it's the proper fit. Conversely it's possible to be more accurate at 45" or ever 45.5" if that's what fits.

I hope that they've resolved the sound issue if it's borrowed or shared technology from the Adams purchase because their adjustable length driver is not so pleasant without the shaft extender on it. Sounds like crap.

One last little thing here - has anyone carefully watched and caught that the Adams hybrid commercials say that more are used than Callaway, Ping and some others, not including TMag combined?

These guys know how to advertise - the market what the consumer wants - it's important to keep that in mind -

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Getting fitted properly is fine and good if your swing is already consistent. But for me, I am in the process of working on my swing and improving my fitness level so I can crank up my drives. But my clubhead speed is not very consistent. When I have not warmed up enough or I am too tired, I clock about 102 - 105 mph. When I am optimal, I crank up about 108 - 112, and I max out about 118mph. So in this transition period, getting fitted seems a horrible idea and potentially waste of time and money.

I'm also not a big fan of going for lessons, as finding the right teacher who won't put you one step forward, three steps back is unbelievably hard.

Which is why doing my own research and adjustability is a good thing for folks like me. However, $399 for a fairway wood is a bit steep, that's a decent price for a driver or putter. But for a fairway wood which I only need for 2 holes per round - provided all the planets lines up correctly, is a bit overkill.

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

• SPY VIP

The "speed pocket" on the RBZ is where the distance comes from. Having one on the bottom but not the top delofts the face at impact, adding distance... they'll probably do the same with drivers. The thing with drivers though is they usually flex enough already with the big face, so a speed pocket might hurt distance.

The idea that a lower lofted fairway wood (assuming equivalent shaft lengths) will always produce more distance is a myth.It likely started a few years back when strong 3 woods hit the market in abundance...and when they did, most of them had shafts that were 1/4" longer than the standard three. More length (at least at 3-wood lengths) usually will equal more distance. The idea stuck, and carried over even as OEMs started standardizing shaft length on anything they call a 3-wood.

Loft..as it relates to distance is absolutely less cut and dry. As with a driver, 3 wood loft (again, assuming equivalent shaft lengths) is simply one of many fitting variables. Somehow, despite that fact that most rational golfers don't believe EVERYONE gets more distance out of an 8.5° driver than a 10, or 11, or even 12, many people believe that EVERYONE gets more distance with a 13° 3 wood than a 15° 3 wood (lower loft always = more distance). It's simply not true.

In most respects, fitting for a fairway wood isn't much different than fitting for a driver. Optimizing distance is about optimizing launch conditions. Contrary to what some believe, TaylorMade (and some others) don't simply offer multiple lofted "3-woods" to confuse the marketplace. The multiple lofts exist to provide more fitting options. If any golf company of consequence offered a non-adjustable driver in only a single loft, they'd be laughed at. Offer multiple lofts in a 3-wood, and a portion of the public thinks you're trying to cheat or something. It doesn't make sense. Of course...if you're in the business of selling clubs to golfers who want more distance, there's no real reason to fight the misconceptions either.

Just like with a driver, maximizing fairway wood distance is all about achieving optimal launch conditions (launch angle,spin rates, etc.). For some guys the 13° does that. For others (many, many others), ideal 3-wood launch conditions are more often achieved with higher lofted clubs.

End Rant

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

There were 2 clear pics of both new 2013 heads on Golfwrx around 10:00pm and then taken down within mins. I should have captured them but I was in the middle of commenting on the heads but when I went to post is said ( error nopermission) so I knew right away that my time for capturing was lost. The pics are the same pics that are blurred out here that were obviously leaked from the desk of someone from China where the heads are being made. I just did a little more searching and found the clear pics but I will not post them as to cause any trouble. The word is they are fakes from China. My question is where did the bad China foundry get the design from other then from the one that was produced. I mean all TM equipment is made in China anyway.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

Generally an employee of a foundry takes one out for compensation, has been going on forever and not much they have done has stopped it. More info from us will most likely be coming sooner than later on this.

There were 2 clear pics of both new 2013 heads on Golfwrx around 10:00pm and then taken down within mins. I should have captured them but I was in the middle of commenting on the heads but when I went to post is said ( error nopermission) so I knew right away that my time for capturing was lost. The pics are the same pics that are blurred out here that were obviously leaked from the desk of someone from China where the heads are being made. I just did a little more searching and found the clear pics but I will not post them as to cause any trouble. The word is they are fakes from China. My question is where did the bad China foundry get the design from other then from the one that was produced. I mean all TM equipment is made in China anyway.

#TruthDigest

I think that there is ample evidence out there to suggest that fitting is beneficial during transitional times and really for all but the rankest beginners. The sad reality is that our swings are far more consistent than we might think, from Hacker to scratch player. Our swings are consistent, they just aren't as efficient as we would like them to be.

A truly good fitter will want to know what a player is working on and try to up fit or fit into those desired swing changes. In actuality a truly good fitting might help make changes including help players who have trouble with properly loading the shaft and/or releasing the club.

I do have a question in regards to adjustable heads but I'm going elsewhere to ask it. I mean starting another thread not elsewhere outside of MGS - I know that someone here will have the answer or at least offer opinions.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived