TESTERS WANTED! ×

Carnahan Vintage Forged Wedge Reviews

RookieBlue7

I continue to work with these wedges. I've done some grinding work on them and I've put X100 8-iron shafts in them as well. I still continue to refine this to get it just right, and I'm having to do the grinding incrementally to make sure I get it just right, as you can't exactly undo any grinding, lol. I've also stamped them and I also decided to hand peen one on the back, just to give it a different look and make sure they're easily identifiable in the bag. I always stamp my wedges differently to ensure that they're distinguishable easily and quickly in the bag. I've almost got them perfect, just have to do a few refinements on the grinding to get them just perfect for me. I've been hitting the wedges more and more on the range, and I'm almost ready to stick them in the bag full time. I will say that these are the square grooves and I can absolutely RIP them back on the green. I'm getting more and more comfortable.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I continue to work with these wedges. I've done some grinding work on them and I've put X100 8-iron shafts in them as well. I still continue to refine this to get it just right, and I'm having to do the grinding incrementally to make sure I get it just right, as you can't exactly undo any grinding, lol. I've also stamped them and I also decided to hand peen one on the back, just to give it a different look and make sure they're easily identifiable in the bag. I always stamp my wedges differently to ensure that they're distinguishable easily and quickly in the bag. I've almost got them perfect, just have to do a few refinements on the grinding to get them just perfect for me. I've been hitting the wedges more and more on the range, and I'm almost ready to stick them in the bag full time. I will say that these are the square grooves and I can absolutely RIP them back on the green. I'm getting more and more comfortable.

Can we get some updated pictures of the Carnahan RB7 specials?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I continue to work with these wedges....

Definitely looking forward to see what you're done with them.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

RB7,

Looking forward to your work and maybe over the holidays I will have some time to personalize mine. I have taken them from the bag for the grooves only. they are a great product and I may have to order the conforming version

Can we get some updated pictures of the Carnahan RB7 specials?

I haven't done anything with the 52* yet, as it's not the main wedge I was looking at putting in the bag. The 56 and 60 have gotten most of my attention. I'll definitely update the post again when I get them where I'm comfortable with them. Don't want to do an in progress pic as I don't finish polishing up the grinds and such due to checking them to make sure they'll work when I grind on them. No sense in polishing them back up on the soles if they've gotta be ground again. So right now they're still crude grindings. LOL.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright folks, I've been grinding and hitting and grinding some more and hitting more, and on and on. Well, I believe I've finally got these to a point where I like the soles just right and have dialed in the swingweights to D4 on both (I have hit the 52 a handful of times, and it's not going to fit a gap for me without bending the loft. I will do that soon and begin working on the sole on it as well. But for now, all I need to do is polish up these crude grinds (I went today and hit a few with these grinds after working OT at my normal job today). But I did bring them home, slap some quick paintfill in them and took some pics, just so you all can see what they now look like after I've personalized them a bit for myself (my wedges always have crazy backs, and these aren't any different). I'll try to snap some side by sides later with my Scratch TD's I've been playing while working on these to get them right for me. I can say these old grooves that we have do spin a good bit. I did also put an X100 8-iron shaft in them to make them spin just a little more, as I have been needing a little more lately cause our greens have been either frozen or hard as a rock due to it being 33-40 degrees for a few weeks now. Still playing though.

Work I did includes trailing edge relief on both. Modified C grinds. Sharpened leading edge. Stampings on both, hand peened the 56.

Anyway, enough rambling, enjoy(there's one fisheye pic, as I've been tinkering with the new camera too, lol)...

CSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

In The Bag

Beautil job, as usual!

So, they're goin in the bag?

The Best with 'em

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I'm going to bag them for my next 4 rounds and keep statistics with them and see how it pans out.

In The Bag

SWEEEEEET!!!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

RB, a little OT( ;)), however what is it that you like better in you SF TI 2.0 vs. the RBZ T. I realize that your 2.0 was not a retail model, but I'm curious how the retail RBZ T stacks up against it.

Thanx much

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

The Superfast 2.0 v2 TP LCG I have is absolutely the LONGEST head I've ever played. All of the SFTP 2.0 v2's I've owned and hit are long. I've actually got another v2 on the way with a hot CT #. If it's hotter than the one I'm playing now, it could be scary. The RBZ, to me, was a dead head. It was okay, but nothing I've hit has been as long as the SFTP 2.0 vs (there is a retail V2 as well, you can tell by the 2 serials).

In The Bag

RB7,

These are some pretty sweet customizations on the wedges! We appreciate the creativity and love that you can share these with the MyGolfSpy community. Just goes to show how personal wedges are... Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

TE

Alright folks, I've been grinding and hitting and grinding some more and hitting more, and on and on. Well, I believe I've finally got these to a point where I like the soles just right and have dialed in the swingweights to D4 on both (I have hit the 52 a handful of times, and it's not going to fit a gap for me without bending the loft. I will do that soon and begin working on the sole on it as well. But for now, all I need to do is polish up these crude grinds (I went today and hit a few with these grinds after working OT at my normal job today). But I did bring them home, slap some quick paintfill in them and took some pics, just so you all can see what they now look like after I've personalized them a bit for myself (my wedges always have crazy backs, and these aren't any different). I'll try to snap some side by sides later with my Scratch TD's I've been playing while working on these to get them right for me. I can say these old grooves that we have do spin a good bit. I did also put an X100 8-iron shaft in them to make them spin just a little more, as I have been needing a little more lately cause our greens have been either frozen or hard as a rock due to it being 33-40 degrees for a few weeks now. Still playing though.

Work I did includes trailing edge relief on both. Modified C grinds. Sharpened leading edge. Stampings on both, hand peened the 56.

Anyway, enough rambling, enjoy(there's one fisheye pic, as I've been tinkering with the new camera too, lol)...

CSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

You're only as good as your next shot.
Go low.

@Tyler_Elliott

Hey Dude, Happy New Year!

Sorry for the delay in postin however I lost track of this thread, however you were very professional and knowledgable & I enjoyed talkin with ya even though it was brief.

I have full confidence that you guys will carry on from where Chris left off. Ya got a great set of classic forged wedges, and please, don't compromise, ever. You have some special irons, and I'm sure your putters are to match.

The very Best to you & the guys/gals at CG in '13

My Best,

Richard

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Richard,

Happy New Year to you and yours as well! Thank you, I enjoyed chatting with you, too.

We hope that we can continue to build off the vision that Chris had and be successful. We plan to stick to our guns and provide a quality line of scoring clubs that doesn't break the bank. I do love the putters just as much as the wedges, and everyone can check out www.CarnahanGolf.com to see the them.

Cheers,

Tyler

You're only as good as your next shot.
Go low.

@Tyler_Elliott

RB, If I get you the coin, can ya get me a SF 2.0 v2TP LCG head?

Aside from this head, what's the 2-3 hottest heads you've hit?

Thanx

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Let me see if anyone has one first.

2-3 hottest?

SFTP 2.0 vs LCG

TMag SQ 282 Long Hosel

Adams Speedline Classic Proto

Honorable Mention:

Callaway FT9 TA

TMag 09 Tour Burner TP off the van

Adams 9015d Prototype

TMag CGB (with hot CT)

Callaway DET off the van

TMag R11 DOT

In The Bag

The RBZ Tour P head is pretty good. Not on the caliber if some of those above but its a damned fine newer head

In The Bag

• 2 weeks later...

I'm lookin forward to hittin it. If you come across one of the SF 2.0 heads, please lemme know.

Thanx again for the list

Fairways & Greens 4ever

RP,

The only ones I've found thus far are ones that have been used previously and some are beat and the new ones are LCG's with hot CT#'s and they're going for a mint. What kind of dollar figure are you kicking around and do you prefer head only or shafted?

In The Bag

Wow based on these conversations it seems the rbz advertised is measuring to some of the (tour) stuff amazing

Can you guys elaborate more very interesting

The RBZ I was referring to is one off the tour vans, not the retail version.

In The Bag

• 5 weeks later...

Just thought I'd pop in and say these are still going strong. I've reshafted 2 of them (56 and 60) with Dynamic Golf X100 8-iron shafts and they spin like a top on full shots. Great for fast firm greens. And on wet greens, if they don't plug because they're too wet, you can still rip one back. I'm debating on having the chrome stripped and going raw with them.

In The Bag

Archived