Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Work!

jayhawker

I am a cook at a local golf club.(at least when they're in more summer/spring months. I get pretty sweet benefits, like free golf, discounts in the pro shop, discounted range balls, and even free food.

Jw what everyone else does for a living. How many of you work at or have worked at a golf course

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

• SPY VIP

I am a cook at a local golf club.(at least when they're in more summer/spring months. I get pretty sweet benefits, like free golf, discounts in the pro shop, discounted range balls, and even free food.

Jw what everyone else does for a living. How many of you work at or have worked at a golf course

Also I'm glad to hear you're working. Was wondering how the younger guys around here afforded so much equipment.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Also I'm glad to hear you're working. Was wondering how the younger guys around here afforded so much equipment.

If I want to golf, I work. Most of the time have to pay for green fees and such. I also like to keep new things in my pride and joy set of clubs. I do also try and win contests too, it's always nice when you can manage things without paying for them.

I do find myself a little more frugal now that I'm into golf though, as right before I'm about to spend it I think about what golf stuff that could buy or help me buy. Lol

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

You obviously have not had one of the fairer sex sink her claws into you. This is a very good thing! Stay away & keep them away, at least for the time being.

They're bad for your golf game, worse for your wallet & they can legally brutalize your psyche. But there will come a day when the benefits exceed the costs, though you are not near that day.

Concentrate on your education, have fun with your game, and spend you $$ prudently. There is no need to have more than one driver, possibly two putters and maybe an extra hybrid or two, depending on the lofts.

Do not listen to any of the snide comments that may follow regarding my accumulation of various clubs.

Do as I say, not as I do!

The Best To Ya

Fairways & Greens 4ever

If you lived in Reno NV, the cost to benefit ratio is very explicit, no pain other than the cost! Unless you like pain, which I'd rather you didn't share...

Also, did I seriously just hear you tell someone else to not buy too many drivers and putters? :lol:

I worked at a golf course in high school as a cart guy. It was a fun job and I was just remembering the other night how we used to ride the course at the end of the day checking that there were no carts left out, and of course finishing any beers left in coolers by the members. Very good memories of those days. Free golf is the way to go and if they paid anywhere close to decent I wouldn't mind working at a course again.

I remember one time after a tournament where all the players got free beer a buddy and me left with like 60 beers, after we cleaned all 100 carts.....made for a good post work party.

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

Never worked at a course growing up, it was all about hockey for me. I did used to work at the local rink though. Learned how to drive the Zamboni and when I was in high school I got a key to the rink. We would go skate from 10pm to 2am on weekends or get up and skate from 5am-6:30am before school on weekdays and then I could just do the ice when I was done.

Best job ever for me.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Never worked at a golf course growing up - Dad had a built-in job for me in his plumbing business. Was fetching wrenches as a toddler, soldered my first copper fitting by age 7 and poured my first lead joint by age 10. Now I get to go on TV and tell hot chicks about getting instant hot water and my company uses golf as a sales and marketing tool. Life doesn't suck sometimes...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I have never worked at a golf course and have worked in mining since I was 15.

I am currently the Asset Maintenance Engineer for a gold / silver mine in Papua New Guinea.

No chance to play while I am away but make up for it when at home.

My little bloke turns 9 this month and I have started him earning his pocket money by caddying (read drive the buggy) and cleaning the clubs after a game and practice.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

I have worked in the golf business for the last 18 years. From counter lackey to Assistant Golf Pro to what I do now...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Now I'm going to really scare you Jayhawk - I'm a minister now and I did work on a golf course once - I was a caddie as a kid - from ages 13-15 - Aspetuck Valley Country Club Weston CT. Great course, nice gig, learned how to relate to adults there.

Oh I also played the trumpet in a Big Band.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Oh do tell!

Love the trumpet Dan. I was a music major in college. If it has brass in it I'm there. Symphony, Big Band, Big top, R and B - trumpets and I'm showing up to hear it. Wish I could still show up to play it - too much work though and not enough time. :angry:

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• SPY VIP

Love the trumpet Dan. I was a music major in college. If it has brass in it I'm there. Symphony, Big Band, Big top, R and B - trumpets and I'm showing up to hear it. Wish I could still show up to play it - too much work though and not enough time. :angry:

I will listen to everything in that list

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I am hearing you RK. Played trumpet at school and then Tenor Sax in a big band. Same problem though, too many things to do and not enough time to play anymore.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Now I'm going to really scare you Jayhawk - I'm a minister now and I did work on a golf course once - I was a caddie as a kid - from ages 13-15 - Aspetuck Valley Country Club Weston CT. Great course, nice gig, learned how to relate to adults there.

Oh I also played the trumpet in a Big Band.

What is it that is to scare me about that?

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

I worked at a local driving range a few years ago for the free balls and golf at the course...that was the only reason and I was 38 at the time. :)

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I haven't/don't work at a course. However the past bit I've been helping out here and there with someone that does high end fittings locally for high end clients. Just on and off but it's certainly been interesting.

If I ever win the lotto, I'm setting up my own fitting shop here. Golftec makes a has of it unless you see Andrew and most of the other really good ones are all brand specific.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

What is it that is to scare me about that?

For me working as a Caddie was the first step towards the pastoral ministry - that's the scary part - not a career choice that many young people think of - in any generation. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Well I am currently The Ops Mgr/ Driver supervisor for my buddy's towing company though I still drive. I have worked at golf courses on and off all my life and was part owner in a golf shop for a while. I am also a ASE certified diesel mechanic

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I am a registered nurse in a cardiac cath lab. We put stents in heart arteries(fix heart attacks), put in pacemakers and defibrillators, etc. It's a great job and I love the people I work with. Great thing about being a nurse is the job security. There are at least 15 open jobs I could go to in the hospital right now if I wanted to and could move practically anywhere in the US. Also get 2 days off during the week to play golf if I want. Take the kids to daycare, my wife goes to work and I head to the golf course. Weekends are family time so I don't often play on the weekends.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I worked at a local driving range a few years ago for the free balls and golf at the course...that was the only reason and I was 38 at the time. :)

I think this pay is more popular and is what makes people work at golf courses many times. When I was in myrtle beach from winning a contest I talked to the driving range operator at legends. He was very nice, and was talking about how he wasn't doing two nights a week for minimum wage, he was doing it for free 150 dollar green fees.

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

Im an assembler at an auto plant. Its a great job: great pay, great benefits and its a highly challenging, highly demanding and highly rewarding job working for a great company where we build cars that people love and put their trust in.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I work for a District Health Board (DHB) here in Auckland (similar to an Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) in the US). I guess the main difference is that the Government funds the DHB services here rather than private health insurance premiums (correct me if I'm wrong on that ;) ). Officially my role is as Workforce Development Consultant, but basically I'm a project manager working on a range of workforce-related projects. One of our organisational objectives is around workforce diversity, so I get to go out an talk to Maori and Pacific kids in underpriveleged schools/areas about the range of career opportunities within health, and work with the schools and Colleges in the area around their diversity programmes, scholarships etc. I'm also working on an aging workforce project at the moment looking at more flexible ways of employment, and how we can keep those nearing retirement engaged in the workforce (over 50% of our staff are 50+ years of age, so this is a must). I think for me its the range of different things I get to be involved in that I love.

Outside of work, I'm a community connector at our church (My link). Basically, that involves connecting people in who are in the 25-45 age group to other people who have similar interests, events, and providing some pastoral support within my community. It's a real honour really.

I'm a "service clerk" at a grocery store. That's code for "slave." I bought a very nice car a few months ago with what I had earned, now I save half for college spending money and keep half for myself which goes towards gas, recreation, coffee, and golf stuff. I win contests for some of my golf stuff, I find and sell golf balls, buy things on Craigslist cheap and sell them for more than I paid, etc... to fund most of my golf equipment.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I was a caddy at the golf course that I grew up next to in the 60's. Juniper Hills GC in Frankfort Ky.

It opened in 1959 so my Grandfather made me his caddy. I learned a life-long sport from my grandfather and think about him every time I hit the links.

Now, I am an Accountant, preparing Medicare & Medicaid cost reports for Skilled Nursing Facilities all over the U.S. It constantly challenges my analytical skills and provides me with a sense of worth.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I was a caddy at the golf course that I grew up next to in the 60's. Juniper Hills GC in Frankfort Ky.

It opened in 1959 so my Grandfather made me his caddy. I learned a life-long sport from my grandfather and think about him every time I hit the links.

Now, I am an Accountant, preparing Medicare & Medicaid cost reports for Skilled Nursing Facilities all over the U.S. It constantly challenges my analytical skills and provides me with a sense of worth.

Go CATS!!!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Go CATS!!!

If your going to talk about wildcats you can take it elsewhere. Go hawks!

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

Archived