Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Callaway Golf-Longest Driver Ever 2013

SPY ZINGER

Callaway went on a Twitter blitz this morning launching "Tweet to Unleash". When you visit the page dedicated to this effort, you can "retweet" through Twitter for a chance to win the driver before it's officially launched. The more folks that retweet it, the more that get revealed about the driver including photographs and videos.

I have a feeling that under Chip Brewer, Callaway is going to take a run at Taylor Made marketing, and they seem to be doing a great job. Their Twitter Masters, Harry, and Chad, seem to be interacting with consumers and making a huge push to challenge their Carlsbad neighbors. This offering is being billed as "The Longest Driver Ever" (of course) and is supposed to combine the forgiveness and length of the RAZR Hawk with the playability of the Fit. The video suggests they took a great deal from their successful FT line of Drivers, along with the RAZR line-up in the latest design.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/en-us/golf-equipment/golf-clubs/drivers/tweet-to-unleash.html?sc=%2ftweettounleash

What happens when the world's most talented and discerning players join forces with the largest and most technologically advanced R&D team in the golf industry? The answer is the longest fully adjustable driver we've ever created or measured, and it's concealed within the headcover below.

Tweet with #LongestDriverinGolf today to participate. Each tweet automatically enters you to win this driver before it arrives in 2013, contributes to the unveiling of the image below and unlocks videos that describe Callaway Golf's greatest engineering achievement to date.

132617_10152246732740640_326591117_o.jpg

Posted Image

Very clever. I assume this is the Razr Fit Extreme driver though?

post-9599-0-19876700-1351319598.jpg

I am sure it is, and contains the Luke Skywalker, Return of the Jedi, Lightsaber Green from the headcover. Will be interested to see what adjustments are available on the cog, and how it looks from address.

Posted Image

Was anyone else's first reaction to that driver, or the staff bag: "Green? Didn't TMAG just do that with RBZ?" or am I alone?

I know it's not the exact same green, and I know there are only so many colors under the sun, but that was my first reaction.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Was anyone else's first reaction to that driver, or the staff bag: "Green? Didn't TMAG just do that with RBZ?" or am I alone?

I know it's not the exact same green, and I know there are only so many colors under the sun, but that was my first reaction.

Not really. I see it as "black and green" and the rbz and "white and green"

But in general Callaway copycats TM a lot and not as effectively.

The FT-9 was the most accurate driver I have ever owned.......it was also one of the shortest off the tee that I have ever owned. I haven't played a Callaway driver since I sold that; I actually haven't even tried one. I'm going to be purchasing a new driver next season and I'm going to try everything with every shaft available.

The FT-9 was the most accurate driver I have ever owned.......it was also one of the shortest off the tee that I have ever owned. I haven't played a Callaway driver since I sold that; I actually haven't even tried one. I'm going to be purchasing a new driver next season and I'm going to try everything with every shaft available.

I have two FT-9's here at my house, one has never been hit. I felt it was one of their longer drivers at the time and still very valid. I have them loaded with an ATTAS and ATTAS T2. I believe the RAZR Hawk was the same driver, just a tad longer. What shaft do you have in the FT-9, it could be the issue and a quick change could bring it to life.

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

I am sure it is, and contains the Luke Skywalker, Return of the Jedi, Lightsaber Green from the headcover. Will be interested to see what adjustments are available on the cog, and how it looks from address.

I was only through the first sentence and going to order one no matter what the cost. Then I realized there was no lightsaber included.....

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I thought that was spyzinger.....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Callaways problem with this campaign is that the driver has been seen on internet. Pictures have been out for a long time. Not "legal", but they're still out there. That's why I think this campaign is a miss with the "hardcore" internetgolfers. Those who read about golf online from time to time will still be interested, but I'm afraid is old news for a lot of people. One picture even leaked from Callaway!

All these campaigns are well made, but they rely on the element of surprise to be succesful. And the product must live up to the hype. Look at RBladez. Incredible hype, followed up by good numbers from trackman from testers. Well done TM.

I actually just finished an article on this subject 2 hours before Callaway release the first picture. In it I also mentioned Nike - Covert was an excellent online campaign - and Cleveland. Good old reliable Cleveland with their "gamechanging 16.November". Does anyone really look forward to that day with excitement?

• SPY VIP

While I would agree since we posted the pics some time ago...you have to remember that the gear heads don't make up the large % of average golfers. So while we already know about it most don't. But yes I do agree this should have been done well before they let their driver be seen at random golf shows across the country. They also need to be more responsible for these images getting out. While there is little they can do when images and heads get snuck out of the foundry, their sales staff has been showing these things off with little repercussion.

They many times try to blame us for leaking images when in fact they should look at themselves and their employees and policies first. It is not our job to police their clubs being photographed.

TM does the best job of this but even then I sit here at my desk looking at their 2 new drivers as well.

Callaways problem with this campaign is that the driver has been seen on internet. Pictures have been out for a long time. Not "legal", but they're still out there. That's why I think this campaign is a miss with the "hardcore" internetgolfers. Those who read about golf online from time to time will still be interested, but I'm afraid is old news for a lot of people. One picture even leaked from Callaway!

All these campaigns are well made, but they rely on the element of surprise to be succesful. And the product must live up to the hype. Look at RBladez. Incredible hype, followed up by good numbers from trackman from testers. Well done TM.

I actually just finished an article on this subject 2 hours before Callaway release the first picture. In it I also mentioned Nike - Covert was an excellent online campaign - and Cleveland. Good old reliable Cleveland with their "gamechanging 16.November". Does anyone really look forward to that day with excitement?

#TruthDigest

Callaway is never going to win the 5-Year War if they copy everything TM does.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

If every driver really added ten yards more than the last I think I would have no issue driving par fives by now.

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

If every driver really added ten yards more than the last I think I would have no issue driving par fives by now.

Then you add the Perfect Connection Golf Swing, 4 Yards More, Medicus, OrangeWhie, TA144, and all that other crap and they'll have in invent the par 6.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Then you add the Perfect Connection Golf Swing, 4 Yards More, Medicus, OrangeWhie, TA144, and all that other crap and they'll have in invent the par 6.

More like 400 yard par 3s and 600 yd par 4s

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

Archived