Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons Review

GolfSpy WD

You guys think that's bad? That's an easy mistake. TM will often just get you to go to a partner shop to swap things like that on their dime.

The last set of Pings I tried to order

Attempt 1: Wrong shaft, wrong set configuration, didn't put any of the weightport/sound inserts in

Attempt 2: Wrong shaft, 6 lie angles across 7 clubs

Attempt 3: Fixed the rest, half had mid sized grips in a different colour then the standard. The guys in the shop just fixed those.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys think that's bad? That's an easy mistake. TM will often just get you to go to a partner shop to swap things like that on their dime.

The last set of Pings I tried to order

Attempt 1: Wrong shaft, wrong set configuration, didn't put any of the weightport/sound inserts in

Attempt 2: Wrong shaft, 6 lie angles across 7 clubs

Attempt 3: Fixed the rest, half had mid sized grips in a different colour then the standard. The guys in the shop just fixed those.

Wow, I guess I've never ordered custom clubs so I haven't heard of this. You're right MBP's grips is tame in comparison :)

Wow, I guess I've never ordered custom clubs so I haven't heard of this. You're right MBP's grips is tame in comparison :)

I've only ever had 4 custom clubs/sets come as spec'd. Unfortunately custom orders still need check overs. Standard deviation still applies there.

Plus, say whatever else about TM, they stand by their product to the hilt. If you, I or MBP had purchased these and called them up for their mistake they'd fix it in a heart beat (often overnighting a replacement with a return shipping label for you for the mistake. Even for something as small as a grip install mistake).

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I've only ever had 4 custom clubs/sets come as spec'd. Unfortunately custom orders still need check overs. Standard deviation still applies there.

Plus, say whatever else about TM, they stand by their product to the hilt. If you, I or MBP had purchased these and called them up for their mistake they'd fix it in a heart beat (often overnighting a replacement with a return shipping label for you for the mistake. Even for something as small as a grip install mistake).

Very good to hear, thanks for jumping in on this Tuna. I guess we always assume perfection for custom orders, so it's definitely good to be set straight, especially if the OEM is quick about fixing mistakes.

Sorry guys, no 65. My timing was just a hair off today, I kept hitting everything a little right. Add in a disgusting day putting (four 3 putts and not making anything outside of 3') and it adds up to a 78. Thats all I'm going to say for now, saving all the good stuff for the review.

• SPY VIP

Sorry guys, no 65. My timing was just a hair off today, I kept hitting everything a little right. Add in a disgusting day putting (four 3 putts and not making anything outside of 3') and it adds up to a 78. Thats all I'm going to say for now, saving all the good stuff for the review.

Oh man these irons must really suck... :P

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Good looking irons guys!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Sorry guys, no 65. ......... and it adds up to a 78.

Thank god. I'd have been way too tempted to shell out the cash sight-unseen just to play a few rounds with these :)

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Wow just catching up on this thread. 29? That's a serious, serious 9.

Is the 4 iron really 20 degrees? That was a 2 iron when I was a kid - In fact a strong 2 iron. That's the one thing that gets me with modern irons - I guess that good part is that if it keeps going like this we'll have to carry 5 wedges which means that when friends ask in the grill room what we had on 12 it will always be - driver, wedge - who cares that 12 is 440. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Wow just catching up on this thread. 29? That's a serious, serious 9.

Is the 4 iron really 20 degrees?

Yeah, my previous best on 9 was a 32; this was one of those very rare occasions where I was hitting it pretty good and the putter was on absolute fire..,like literally once in my lifetime on fire.

Again, I don't want to give too much away before my official review, but these irons have a good reason for being stronger lofts. These are by far the highest launching heads I've ever played. While the 4i is 20*, it launches as high as my Swing Science 7i and that is with XS KBS C Tapers. So if you just go by loft, then they are 1-1.5 clubs stronger than standard, but if you go by launch angle, their probably 2-3 clubs weaker. Does that make sense?

Furu, have you had a chance to hit it? Thoughts? It's a great lookin iron, the best lookin iron in the set, IMO.

Thanx

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Yes, I've hit RBladez. The gap wedge is an awesome club. So much fun to use. Incredibly forgiving. I've ordered the irons, will review them as soon as possible. They don't give me clubs, I buy them. First impression is that RBladez is a huge improvement over RBZ. Can't really compare them in performance or looks. RBladez hits that group of players that Wilson calls "aspiring golfers" when they talk about their Ci11. Golfers that want help but still use a good looking iron.

I can't really say anything about distance before I get them on a simulator and out on the course.

I was at my home course Saturday and Sunday since we got into the 50's this weekend and I had a chance to demo the 7 iron of the New Rocketbladez iron. Now I play Cobra mb's and love the feel of the irons a bunch. I was pleasantly surprised with the feel of these irons and the distance was a little longer then my 7 iron but that was to be expected as they are not the same lofts. But what did surprise me again was the launch angle and the height (apex) of this 7 iron. I'm going to be playing tomorrow and Wednesday so I'm going to see if the head pro will allow me to take out the whole set for a 18 hole round to get some real feedback. If I get to do this I will give you all a little more feedback.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I'm going to have the first part of my review up on Friday, the "playing" part of the review. Then within the next couple weeks, I'll have the final part of the review up, which will be the "data" part; it's been to nice to go get on the LM instead of playing. After today I'll have 99 holes on them (maybe I'll play 18 twice to make it an even 100).

Why not just post the review already?

Basically we want to give it a full shake. I don't think I've ever had a round where all of my golf game is perfect, there's also an issue somewhere in my swing. Having multiple rounds and LM sessions gives a better and less opinionated review because we're able to work off more data.

Manbearpig....any results you can share?? Come on bud!!!

R11s 9 Open ASP w/Aerotech Powercoil 65X tipped 1"

Cally XHot 15 w/ Powercoil 65S

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 18 w/Player Spec Stiff HS 1X

Miura 501s 3-P w/Player Spec Stiff HS 1x

TM XFT 54/60 w/Steelfiber i125s

PING Nome TR SS Ultra Thin Red

ALL Irons/Woods PURE Isle of Capri Pure Pro std w/2 wraps

Srixon XV Yellow

I've noticed it has been briefly touched on, but what else would you say about the gap wedge? Being as different as it is from the set, do you see a much different feel or forgiveness? How does it compare to your previous gap wedges?

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

I've noticed it has been briefly touched on, but what else would you say about the gap wedge? Being as different as it is from the set, do you see a much different feel or forgiveness? How does it compare to your previous gap wedges?

It's extremely similar to the ATV wedge. I think it's probably the same wedge, just rebadged, at least from my experience with it.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

It's extremely similar to the ATV wedge. I think it's probably the same wedge, just rebadged, at least from my experience with it.

I can't say. The TM site says the SW and LW use the same sole as the ATV wedges, but they don't mention if the AW does as well. When I go to GG I'll compare the two to see if there's any difference.

Archived