Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Stocking Up On Wedges?

The ball manufactuer's will come up with multi layer ball that will work with duller groove's. And yet still work off the criver. Give them time and we won't even need today's grooves.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

The ball manufactuer's will come up with multi layer ball that will work with duller groove's. And yet still work off the criver. Give them time and we won't even need today's grooves.

That's a good point, we've already seen the 5 layer ball, and drawings of the maze-y Titleist.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

In science, this could be called the natural selection of golf (sorry Matt, sci brain doesn't go away...)

I know thet "criver" was a typo. but for some reason I want to call my driver "the Criver" now

sounds menacing

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

In science, this could be called the natural selection of golf (sorry Matt, sci brain doesn't go away...)

I know thet "criver" was a typo. but for some reason I want to call my driver "the Criver" now

sounds menacing

It's alright, I'm all about evolution in golf tech.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

sounds menacing

Well mine does nearly me cry sometimes. I refuse to believe it's the idiot holding onto the end of it though. HAs to be the club, right?

I have a revolving WITB policy.

• SPY VIP

Well mine does nearly me cry sometimes. I refuse to believe it's the idiot holding onto the end of it though. HAs to be the club, right?

Right!

It's always the arrow... ;)

Volvo Intorqueo

I just don't see stocking up on wedges. Things will change....balls will change to keep up with the new grooves. Plus, I play local competitive (hacker) golf, and with them already making some kind of gradual rule deal....who knows what they'll do next.

I just don't see stocking up on wedges. Things will change....balls will change to keep up with the new grooves. Plus, I play local competitive (hacker) golf, and with them already making some kind of gradual rule deal....who knows what they'll do next.

Your local club has a local rule that uses the new grooves??? WOW!!! that sucks..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Your local club has a local rule that uses the new grooves??? WOW!!! that sucks..

No....that's just my point -- just buy when and what you need it (instead of stocking up), and you don't have to fuss with is the groove rule in effect? How much longer do I have to play this club?.......yadda, yadda, yadda.

No....that's just my point -- just buy when and what you need it (instead of stocking up), and you don't have to fuss with is the groove rule in effect? How much longer do I have to play this club?.......yadda, yadda, yadda.

I can see the point, but for me, I want to have the deepest, biggest grooves out there, and the vendors have to stop making and shipping them Dec 31. I plan on buying a few backups..

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Sounds like I have my Christmas list set for 2010.

New keyboard???

You guessed it! My current one will soon be non-conforming. :)

(CG14's, I think actually...)

Those will be gone soon... If there are certain loft and bounce options you want........ PM

• SPY VIP

Those will be gone soon... If there are certain loft and bounce options you want........ PM

OK, I'll see how the Nickents that I just ordered play for me and I may just have to fire the PM...

Although the Adams watson wedge is very nice too.

Volvo Intorqueo

I can see the point, but for me, I want to have the deepest, biggest grooves out there, and the vendors have to stop making and shipping them Dec 31. I plan on buying a few backups..

Do you play much real tournament golf?

Do you play much real tournament golf?

Negative. I just want the cheater wedges for as long as possible.

Negative. I just want the cheater wedges for as long as possible.

:) :lol: :lol:

I thought that might be the case.

Like I said, to me, it's just a pain and another thing to have to worry about or keep track of.

Archived