TESTERS WANTED! ×

KRANK GOLF - Your comments, experiences & impressions

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

KRANK GOLF - Your comments & experiences & impressions

Working in the golf industry for the past 14 years I have come to know just about every brand Krank Golf included, but many golfers out there might not be as familiar with the brand and others like Krank.

I am currently working on a piece about Krank Golf and would love to hear about your experiences with the brand or comments about what you have heard about Krank Golf. Even if you have just heard about them in passing I would like to hear your impression of the company.

#TruthDigest

Never heard of it until just this second.

Edit: Yes, I had heard of them. I went to their website and looked. I had heard of them but I do not think of Long Drive as real golf. I think of getting it in the hole not off the tee.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Not really aimed at Krank, but component companies in general…In the past, they always seemed to be so condescending when referring to the large OEM's stressing that the difference in equipment between the two is marketing. They would go into detail about tolerance, and their ability to hand pick heads to spec. Once the club is built, fit and finished, it usually ended up about the same or even higher priced than the leading driver after a professional build. Today, with the adjustability and custom options offered by the adjustable drivers, I get the impression they have become an irrelevant niche. Maybe I am wrong in my thinking, but for the same cost, why wouldn't you want a driver that companies spend millions of R&D dollars on?

Posted Image

My impression - Crazy drivers that fit better for long drivers than average golfers. I honestly think that an image as being a company for long drivers hurts them.

Love the designs, the "mean" look on the black drivers. Always wanted to try one. I friend - pro who played a short while in Asia - had one but the shaft was way too stiff for me. I like to pull these "unknown" brands out in the open and present them in our magazine. May have to order on now :) Thanks for making me curious!

A: As mentioned above, generally discussed about for the Long driver stuff.

B: A few guys play them around here. Part of it will be the player but what I've seen of them is they're super long, not particularly forgiving and have a distinct sound.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I considered purchasing one of their driver heads a few years back because of the availability of very low lofts. Ultimately, did not make the purchase. Most thought of as component or long drive use when I think of Krank.

Driver:         Taylormade SIM 8^  Shaft: Evolution III 6X

3 Wood:      Titleist  TSi3 13.5^   Shaft:  Project X Smoke Black RDX 6.5

2 Hybrid:     Callaway Mavrik Pro  Shaft: Project X EvenFlow Black 85X

3/5 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2            Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 85X

Irons:           Taylormade P790      Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S (6-PW)

50 Degree: Taylormade P770       Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S

55/60:        Cleveland RTX Zipcore    Shaft: DG Spinner Tour Issue

Putter:        Bettinardi MK Armlock

Hey guys, this is Vince, Vice President at Krank Golf, I wanted to let everyone know on MGS that I am here to answer any questions you guys may have and let you all in on the world of Krank Golf and where were headed in the Golf World. Yes we are the most dominate club in the Long Drive World, and this is our Launch to get to the Golf World as well and Play a bigger role. With the help of MyGolfSpy and you all, we hope to be a top player. We have sold about 100,000 to regular golfers, thats about 85% of our sales....but now its time we took it to the next level. Thanks for letting us into your world. Hope I can answer anythng you bring at me...Thanks Vince

Vince Rivera

vinny@krankgolf.com

480-699-5041

Hey guys, this is Vince, Vice President at Krank Golf, I wanted to let everyone know on MGS that I am here to answer any questions you guys may have and let you all in on the world of Krank Golf and where were headed in the Golf World. Yes we are the most dominate club in the Long Drive World, and this is our Launch to get to the Golf World as well and Play a bigger role. With the help of MyGolfSpy and you all, we hope to be a top player. Thanks for letting us into your world. Hope I can answer anythng you bring at me...Thanks Vince

Hi krank golf, i am about to purchase a driver and was about to go ahead with the wishon 919thi because of its reviews and superb forgiveness across the face, particularly on off centre hits, can you tell me how your krank rage compares to this, is it a forgiving face on heel and toe its, by forgiving i mean do you lose a lot of distance on these hits, i dont want a club that hits 280 out the middle but only 200 out the heel or toe, as being a 12 handicap this is very important to me,your club looks great but will it give me what i need, thanks, Ian

Ian1, Thanks brotha...Our clubs are forgiving and do not lose distance on heel or toe shots on the face. The main things our clubs do is produce more ball speed while limiting spin rate. By lowering spin rate and increasing ball speed, that is where the distance is. The design of the head, with the raised center sections gives you more stability at impact on miss hits, and allows for a even distribution on miss hits.

Vince Rivera

vinny@krankgolf.com

480-699-5041

After smashing in the face of 2 Ping drivers I started looking at component companies. I looked at Krank but ended up going with Geek. Krank has a great product; it just was not for me. Just look at the results for the last 3 or 4 years in the Long Drive world. They are doing very well and I think they have won the Championship the last 3 years. When I bought my first component head a lot of people said that it was dumb because there is no market for re-sale. When I buy a driver I am not looking at re-sale, I am looking at performance, fit, and durability. I am not sure about Krank's warranty but Geek offers a lifetime warranty as long as I own the clubs. There is no OEM Company that will offer me that. Each golfer has their own preference or reason to buy whatever brand they like but if you want to buy equipment based on performance facts and not brand names, you should consider buying component drivers.

I have one of the Krank Rage 6* loft Drivers with a 50" Fujikura Firewire shaft XX stiff that I use for practice. I hit it 40 metres longer then my RBZ.

I also have 2 of their hybrids in 16* & 25* that rotate in and out with my adams and 59's.

Both Vince and Lance at Krank provide an excellent service and go out of their way to make sure everything is spot on.

Hitting the 50" driver for the first time is definitely different and it makes you precise with your swing to get centre hits. I am at the stage now where I will bag the driver for my next round.

As far as the hybrids go, I use the 16* instead of a fairway wood and find it to be very accurate and as long as a 3 wood. (for me anyway)

I can highly recommend the team at Krank and can dispel the thoughts that they are just a long drive company.

AJ

P.S. Welcome to MGS Vince.

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Welcome, Krank. I have a Krank RHCP 7.5* driver and a 15* 3W. The driver is the longest driver I hav ever hit; I hit the longest of my life with it at 392yds (it was downwind and the fairways were as hard as the cart paths, but that's beside the point). I actually still use the head on a Black Ops XS tipped at 46.5"; it's my scramble driver. They're customer service is also very good. I smashed the face in on my first RHCP and they had a replacement to me very quickly. I visit their website periodically to see their new offerings and I will be considering them for future purchases.

I've honestly never heard of Krank Golf until now. Good looking website. I'm always open to a driver that is just as straight and longer than my driver.

Honest question though....is your new Rage Black going to be just as straight, but longer than my 910D3?

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I have one of the Krank Rage 6* loft Drivers with a 50" Fujikura Firewire shaft XX stiff that I use for practice. I hit it 40 metres longer then my RBZ.

I also have 2 of their hybrids in 16* & 25* that rotate in and out with my adams and 59's.

Both Vince and Lance at Krank provide an excellent service and go out of their way to make sure everything is spot on.

Hitting the 50" driver for the first time is definitely different and it makes you precise with your swing to get centre hits. I am at the stage now where I will bag the driver for my next round.

As far as the hybrids go, I use the 16* instead of a fairway wood and find it to be very accurate and as long as a 3 wood. (for me anyway)

I can highly recommend the team at Krank and can dispel the thoughts that they are just a long drive company.

AJ

P.S. Welcome to MGS Vince.

Thasnks FirstKart.....Our RAGE Black line is our first touch in the Golfers clubs...more presentable at address, more controlling and longer shots. The Driver did great and we said now is the time to use what we know and make some better Hybrids. The new RAGE Black Hybrids are just that. Its KRANKSTERS like you AJ that allow us to grow and get to where we are now. Thanks Vince

Vince Rivera

vinny@krankgolf.com

480-699-5041

Welcome, Krank. I have a Krank RHCP 7.5* driver and a 15* 3W. The driver is the longest driver I hav ever hit; I hit the longest of my life with it at 392yds (it was downwind and the fairways were as hard as the cart paths, but that's beside the point). I actually still use the head on a Black Ops XS tipped at 46.5"; it's my scramble driver. They're customer service is also very good. I smashed the face in on my first RHCP and they had a replacement to me very quickly. I visit their website periodically to see their new offerings and I will be considering them for future purchases.

JBones......Thanks brotha...that RHCP was our first driver we ever produced and it was a hitter!! We just got some Black Ops in to test with, so I will be posting ball speeds numbers and other data I collect as well on here. We love to test lol Our new site is allowing us more areas to give discounts for filing information out and interacting with us more. So if your looking for the best discounts, go ahead and visit the site and fill out the boxes. Our drivers and our Company only get known more when they are in your hands, so yes when a CS club is sent in, We do all that we can to get it back to you! Thank you again for being a Krankster for these all these years!! Thanks Vince

Vince Rivera

vinny@krankgolf.com

480-699-5041

I hit a buddy's Krank Rage (9* loft, 44.5" & Aldila Authority Light Tour Shaft/Stiff) when we went over to Oakmont for our last inter-club swat about a month ago. He plays outa there and is their past Club Champ(3 time). He hits a big ball..LOL

Nice driver, hot face. I would probably go with the regular Tour shaft as I like a little heavier shaft. I only hit it on the practice tee and I hit it right before my radiation therapy, though my two longest balls were a good 10 yds past where my best RBZ T & i20 land, and if ya remember the practice tee from the pics or TV, there's a tree @ 290 yds, & I haven't hit this tree in 3-4 years(with roll). I did with those two balls. Impressive.

Due to the weather and my health, my best days are behind me for this season, though I am seriously considering gettin one and takin it out next spring. Ya make a hell of a driver Vince, but then, you already know that. LOL

The Best to ya

Regards,

Richard

Fairways & Greens 4ever

RPJIII ..... The Light Tour shaft is a good shaft, lots of kick when timed right...the Tour shaft is little heavier and stouter tip. Great shaft also. The best thing after seeing it hit your longest balls since, it only gets better. Which is what we want to do. When your ready brotha, hit us up...we can stil make a driver for you to get back that yardage. We have done it before, we will do it again....Thanks again...Vince

Vince Rivera

vinny@krankgolf.com

480-699-5041

BK...Yes it will not only be as accurate, but longer as well. Email me when you can and I will see what we can do to get a test out of this, and video. Hopefully that will show you that you can have distance and accuracy in one club. Thanks Vince

Vince Rivera

vinny@krankgolf.com

480-699-5041

Welcome to the site, I took a look at the website and noticed only 1 style driver. Is that the only driver you make now or is this the head geared to the public? Also are these heads COR tested? Obviously some of us are getting a little older and the club head speed slows down when you try and compare how you hit the ball in your 20's when now I'm pushing 50 years of age. So if there's really a club that will give me 10 more yards i'll take it.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

TW, Thanks for the post and reply. Yes that is our head we use now and produce, for both Long Drive and Golf. Giving all swing speeds an increase in ball speed and lowering spin rates down. Our heads are COR tested and CT tested in house in Tempe as well two times while being made at foundries. Slower swing speeds will get as much pop as higher swing speeds do, so all ranges can benefit with our Krank Golf Drivers! Thanks Vince

Vince Rivera

vinny@krankgolf.com

480-699-5041

Vince,

Great to see you getting some publicity on here, never had a bad experience with your company. Currently I'm hitting the original Krank Rage with an Aldila Proto by You x-stiff, tipped 1/2" with a final shaft length of 44.5". I don't stretch as much as I used to and don't play as much as I used to but I'm still hitting the ball every bit as far, maybe farther, and much straighter than before. I plan to upgrade to the Rage Black and perhaps a hybrid so I can finally get rid of my 2-iron.

Full disclosure, I've always been a non-OEM guy. I'm 6'5" and started building my own clubs when I was 17, I've never been a scratch golfer but personally always thought that my Maltby forged irons performed as well as anything else I'd played and I could customize, and I enjoy the work. I have always looked around for unique clubs that may provide a cost benefit or simply a niche club that an OEM may not look into making. I say this because that mentality led me to Krank 3+ years ago and ultimately to purchasing the original Rage in spring of 2010. I love it! Nothing better than driving a short par 4 or having an iron into a par 5 then having people ask if the club is legal.

Great company, great product, and they even make a white version for those who still have the need to fit in with the cool kids.

Scott

Driver: Krank Element

3-wood: Adams Speedline Fast 12

4 Iron: Maltby KE4 Tour+ 2" long, 1.5 up and 3 strong

4-5 Iron: Maltby KE4 Tour+ 1.5 long, 2 up

6-PW: Maltby TS-1 1.5 long, 2 up

50 & 56: Maltby TSW 1.5 long, 2 up

60: Mizuno T7

Putter: Ping STR

I've hit the Rage a few times and own a Geek DCT. I was trying to find a 5.5 rage not long ago for scrambles and screwing around with but alas, I started ho'ing Tour Issued TMag drivers for a while.

Vince,

Will some of your guys be teaming up with Kevin Bullard for the charity scramble in Rockmart, GA again this year for the youth baseball team? I couldn't get off work to support the guy that used to work there at the time that was working with Kevin to organize it. I almost bought one if the autographed Krank staff bags he was auctioning off, but didnt pull the trigger, since I no longer had any of you guys product.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived