Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Oh YEAH!!! MyGolfSpy Yahoo Fantasy Golf League (and trash talk thread)!!!

Moecat

I'm in... I've never done this before so expect some questions as to how it works...

Seems like fun though...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in... I've never done this before so expect some questions as to how it works...

Seems like fun though...

It's really pretty simple. They supply (yahoo) a list of players. You pick 8. 4 starters and 4 back ups. Each time you pick a player they deduct the amount of time that said player can player. Each player initially has 10 starts. They break it down into 1-A,2-B, 1-C. so thats your 4 starters. Then you have a back-up for each. There's a time deadline obviously as you can't switch players whenever you feel like. It's really pretty simple as long as you get your players in on time and pay attention of scratched players and withdrawals. I can't tell you how many times I made early picks only to get screwed! So try and stay on top of the players playing. Sometimes it may be unavoidable like last week with VJ WD like 2 minutes before his tee time LOL!

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I'm not sure if any of the following are actual MGS forum members. If you know any of these names / user IDs, please let me know here or via PM. If you see your name in the list below, please make yourself known here or send me a PM:

ConGa (Juan C.)

AnotherOneBitesTheDust (J.S.)

Harp Lager (Dan S.)

Team Funky 70s (zerackus)

Clappers (Chuck)

Question: Am I stuck with these same 8 golfers all season?

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

You are not stuck with the same 8 golfers, but your golfers can only be actively played for a set number of tournaments. If you're involved in another league that started in the Winter, the number is 10. I don't know if that number is the same or lower come April 1. I'll try to check later, but would be appreciative if someone else knows that info

Im in. I hope to score enough points for last place....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

After you log in, you will see the link for "Join a Group." After you click on that, you will be taken to a new page where you will click on the "Select" button under "Join a Private Group."

Ok Moe, I'll admit it...I am stupid.

I followed the link, I get the page and I already have a Yahoo account.

Where in the heck on the page is the "Join A Group" link ? :)

rob

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

Every week they come up with a new list. Unless this league is different from the others I've joined you just choose new golfers from the list A,B,C every week. As far as being stuck all year NO unless this isn't the same type of league I've been in with Yahoo. Every week they give you lets say 20-30 golfers on each list as they rate them A, B, C . It's not like the A is better then B or C like you would think. I believe it's just a random list. But you can always ask whatever question you have to Yahoo and they seem to answer all and any question you have about which ever fantasy league your in. Hope this helps!

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

you're Nic's Picks, correct?

Correct. Can i get a bonus point??? never hurts to ask..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Every week they come up with a new list. Unless this league is different from the others I've joined you just choose new golfers from the list A,B,C every week. As far as being stuck all year NO unless this isn't the same type of league I've been in with Yahoo. Every week they give you lets say 20-30 golfers on each list as they rate them A, B, C . It's not like the A is better then B or C like you would think. I believe it's just a random list. But you can always ask whatever question you have to Yahoo and they seem to answer all and any question you have about which ever fantasy league your in. Hope this helps!

Tim

that's kinda what I guessed, thanks...

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

MyGolfSpy is pleased to announce the start of its Yahoo Fantasy Golf League! The spring season starts April 1 with the Shell Houston Open and ends September 23 with the Tour Championship.

!!!Stay tuned March 31 for the announcement of prize categories!!!

http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf

When you sign up, you will have to sign in with your Yahoo ID (if you don't have a Yahoo ID, you will need to create one). Or if you prefer, please PM me your email address so that I may invite you to the MyGolfSpy fantasy league.

After you log in, you will see the link for "Join a Group." After you click on that, you will be taken to a new page where you will click on the "Select" button under "Join a Private Group."

At that point, you will enter the following information for Group ID and Password.:

Group ID = 15081

Password = 123456

After you have officially joined, click on the "Go to Team Page" link to pick your golfers. The deadline to pick your players is typically the night before (Wednesday) before the start of the tournament.

For those of you already part of another Yahoo Fantasy golf league, I ask that you please create a new team. This way no one has any unfair points advantage going into the Spring season.

Do you think you're a good guesser? Brag about it here! On a hot streak? DEFINITELY brag about it here!!! Upset that some of your players missed the cut? Feel free to moan here, too!!! :lol:

update ... Harp Lager is verified

I'm not sure if any of the following are actual MGS forum members. If you know any of these names / user IDs, please let me know here or via PM. If you see your name in the list below, please make yourself known here or send me a PM:

Long and Straight, aka Ryan Saunders

ConGa (Juan C.)

Clappers (Chuck)

Tim

Thanks, Tim. So what is the purpose of having one player on the bench?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

I think that during the weekend, you can switch if one of the main for is sucking or misses the cut.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

you can switch every round, say your starter sucks it up you can switch. You can switch back and forth every round example: say you have TW= Starter and DD back up. you could play it like this:

1st round= TW

2nd round= DD

3rd=TW

Final= DD you just have to do the switch by time that is set by yahoo. Sometimes they are different but usually must make changes by 5:00am before the next round.

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

Correct. Can i get a bonus point??? never hurts to ask..

yes at the end of event they give 20 for winner

and 10 for 2nd I believe. each event You'll get the hang of it each week!

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

Question: Am I stuck with these same 8 golfers all season?

Good question, I was wondering the same thing.

No & No you get new players every event/ week. Or you could just leave them in and see how you do after 10 events or whatever the max is for shorter season. I would believe you'll still get 10 weeks as it doesn't really matter to yahoo as your not going to win total after we all miss the Winter season! There's only Spring and Summer left to play!

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

You actually had 4 players on the bench, but you can switch them out between rounds of one guy missed the cut or WD's or is playing poorly, or if a bench guy is doing well.

Edit: Sorry, just realized this was already answered.

update ... Harp Lager is verified

Moecat, sorry, a little off topic... but my wife peered over my shoulder last night and asked, "what the hell is up with that rabbit?". I didn't have an answer. Care to explain?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

ConGa (Juan C.)

Harp Lager (Dan S.)

Clappers (Chuck)

Team Funky 70's, you can't trace that back to me?? It let me use my old yahoo gaming account name, I am Zerackus!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

you can switch every round, say your starter sucks it up you can switch. You can switch back and forth every round example: say you have TW= Starter and DD back up. you could play it like this:

1st round= TW

2nd round= DD

3rd=TW

Final= DD you just have to do the switch by time that is set by yahoo. Sometimes they are different but usually must make changes by 5:00am before the next round.

So do I score points based on how they perform each round or is it just based on the position in which my starter finishes the tournament?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Moecat, sorry, a little off topic... but my wife peered over my shoulder last night and asked, "what the hell is up with that rabbit?". I didn't have an answer. Care to explain?

I discuss it here ... http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/335-lets-discuss-our-avatarssignatures-and-screen-names/page__hl__avatar

• SPY VIP

So do I score points based on how they perform each round or is it just based on the position in which my starter finishes the tournament?

With the switching, I would guess per round.

Although I am a noob to this too...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

update ... Team Funky 70s is also verified

ConGa (Juan C.)

Triple Bogey (Nick)

Archived