Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Oh YEAH!!! MyGolfSpy Yahoo Fantasy Golf League (and trash talk thread)!!!

Moecat

MyGolfSpy is pleased to announce the start of its Yahoo Fantasy Golf League! The spring season starts April 1 with the Shell Houston Open and ends September 23 with the Tour Championship.

http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf

When you sign up, you will have to sign in with your Yahoo ID (if you don't have a Yahoo ID, you will need to create one). Or if you prefer, please PM me your email address so that I may invite you to the MyGolfSpy fantasy league.

After you log in, you will see the link for "Join a Group." After you click on that, you will be taken to a new page where you will click on the "Select" button under "Join a Private Group."

At that point, you will enter the following information for Group ID and Password.:

Group ID = 15081

Password = 123456

After you have officially joined, click on the "Go to Team Page" link to pick your golfers. The deadline to pick your players is typically the night before (Wednesday) before the start of the tournament.

For those of you already part of another Yahoo Fantasy golf league, I ask that you please create a new team. This way no one has any unfair points advantage going into the Spring season.

Do you think you're a good guesser? Brag about it here! On a hot streak? DEFINITELY brag about it here!!! Upset that some of your players missed the cut? Feel free to moan here, too!!! :)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team Phelps: I had to remove you from the list because you already have an existing team with points.

Please re-read the instructions and create a new team. Everyone starts at zero points to be fair.

I'm using "Team Moecat" for admin purposes only. My team name is "Good Guessers?"

• SPY VIP

Team Phelps: I had to remove you from the list because you already have an existing team with points.

Please re-read the instructions and create a new team. Everyone starts at zero points to be fair.

I'm using "Team Moecat" for admin purposes only. My team name is "Good Guessers?"

Nice sandbag from the start with that name :)

"Really, I am just guessing correctly six weeks in a row :)"

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

Saternus...FTW! is now locked and loaded. This will give me a good reason to watch more golf; I love it!

Yep, watching me gain points on you will be fun to watch. :)

Volvo Intorqueo

MONEY MIKE: same deal applies to you.

Jeff Seymour: ditto

Empty right now, of course :)

I think the categories that some of the guys fall under is pretty interesting. Ogilvy is a B player. Bubba Watson is an A. Paul Casey is a C. Guess you need to look past the big names to see what their value is in this game. Perhaps I should read the rules.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

A woman's take on fantasy sports ... :) :

http://www.momlogic.com/2008/09/post_21.php

Any woman married to a sports-obsessed guy can relate: You're at dinner and suddenly his Blackberry dings. It's a fellow fantasy sports player offering a trade.

men_obsessed_270.jpg

Getty Images

Well, here's reassuring news for fed up wives: A website called Women Against Fantasy Sports is an online support group for women married to fantasy sports freaks -- who also have to routinely put up with phrases like three-hour drafts and online trading.

The site was created by so-called fantasy sports widows.

The site uses good-natured humor to talk about the perils of life with a fantasy sport nut -- and also posts articles like "How to ruin his draft" and "You know his fantasy addiction has gone too far when..."

The company even sells T-shirts, hats and underwear with the phrase: "CLOSED For The Fantasy Season."

Here's how momlogic staffers feel fantasy sports have affected their lives.

• "My husband joined a fantasy baseball team and fell in love. This year he just wrapped up his second season of baseball and now has joined fantasy football. He diligently logs on every night to check his 'stats' and make his moves. This obsession also includes watching all the games on TV, and bragging about plays and points to other players. And fantasy sports are the only topic he and his friends talk about. Who's in first place, who's on the DL -- it's a way of life."

• "Fantasy sports players are basically Dungeons and Dragons dorks, only dressed like jocks. When my husband is trying to 'work a trade,' he concentrates incredibly hard. In fact, I'm sure he thinks he's qualified to manage a real-life team now! Although it can be really annoying, I actually think it's kind of funny."

• "There are times when my guy actually prefers to check his stats than have sex. Several times, I've had to pry him away from the computer to get some attention. And when one sports season ends, another one begins. It's non-stop."

Still can't pry your man away from the big screen this weekend?? Here are five things you can say to make him feel like you're in the know:

Will turf toe affect LT's performance this weekend?

Can UCLA recover from last week's meltdown?

Talk about a blown call! The league should fire Ed Hochuli!

Where's ESPN's Game Day this weekend?

Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers?

Read more: http://www.momlogic.com/2008/09/post_21.php#ixzz0jDXpeDwW

You guys are all playing for second place now...

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I'll be re-posting these when a new page starts in the thread until March 31.

Also, when the prizes are announced, I'll be periodically posting the sponsors' banners in deference to their generosity.

MyGolfSpy is pleased to announce the start of its Yahoo Fantasy Golf League! The spring season starts April 1 with the Shell Houston Open and ends September 23 with the Tour Championship.

!!!Stay tuned March 31 for the announcement of prize categories!!!

http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf

When you sign up, you will have to sign in with your Yahoo ID (if you don't have a Yahoo ID, you will need to create one). Or if you prefer, please PM me your email address so that I may invite you to the MyGolfSpy fantasy league.

After you log in, you will see the link for "Join a Group." After you click on that, you will be taken to a new page where you will click on the "Select" button under "Join a Private Group."

At that point, you will enter the following information for Group ID and Password.:

Group ID = 15081

Password = 123456

After you have officially joined, click on the "Go to Team Page" link to pick your golfers. The deadline to pick your players is typically the night before (Wednesday) before the start of the tournament.

For those of you already part of another Yahoo Fantasy golf league, I ask that you please create a new team. This way no one has any unfair points advantage going into the Spring season.

Do you think you're a good guesser? Brag about it here! On a hot streak? DEFINITELY brag about it here!!! Upset that some of your players missed the cut? Feel free to moan here, too!!! :)

I almost called mine "Team FIGJAM". But then I thought better of it. :)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

That name would have been entirely appropriate, as long as you have Phil.

An he is the only one in your foursome.

"Nah, I'm fine with one player. He is good."

Volvo Intorqueo

wow that was brutal. I signed up but I couldn't use my existing account I had to make a whole new email address and start from scratch. This will be fun trying to keep track of all these teams. But I'm in............. upndown's the name

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I can't figure out how to make a second team.

You're going to have to create a brand new Yahoo account from scratch. While this may initially seem inconvenient, it's actually a pretty quick process, and you'll have the option of forwarding email to whatever address you choose.

You're going to have to create a brand new Yahoo account from scratch. While this may initially seem inconvenient, it's actually a pretty quick process, and you'll have the option of forwarding email to whatever address you choose.

Alright, thanks for the response.

I am in...

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Archived