Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

GameBook - 1st With Digital Signature Golf Scoring

• SPY VIP

Golf_GameBook_Vainola_Cink_Manerus_513x297.png

Golf-GameBook-Samsung-Galaxy-NoteII-Pen-Signatures.png

Golf-GameBook-Samsung-Galaxy-NoteII-Pen-Signing.png

Golf GameBook and Samsung have together developed a new, revolutionary feature – digital golf scorecard signing. It is based on the Galaxy Note II's S Pen technology. An electronic scorecard can now be signed in the same manner as the traditional paper scorecard, which can make it compatible with the official rules of golf. This is something unforeseen within the game of golf and opens many new possibilities.

"This innovative new feature makes the Golf GameBook's Android app even more appealing for golfers of all levels! We are very pleased about our co-operation with Samsung, and grateful as well. It has been a wonderful experience participating in the development of the new electronic scorecard. In addition, I am very proud about our S Suggest qualification. It shows that Samsung values our international potential ", says Kalle Väinölä, co-founder of GameBook.

Last summer Golf GameBook and Samsung co-produced and organized real-time scoring for hundreds of golf events in the Nordic countries. During these tournaments the participating players entered scores hole-by-hole using the Golf GameBook app installed on the latest Samsung phone models.

"Our fruitful collaboration with Samsung is one of the major steps on our journey towards an international breakthrough. Recently we have had the honor of providing real-time scoring for great golf legends such as Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus, as well as the British Open champion Stewart Cink's own golf tournaments. The feedback from all of these has been very positive. We can now comfortably say that the traditional golf sphere is about to change and will soon be benefitting from the digital development", Väinölä continues.

“The apps we select for Samsung S Suggest must be developed to make people's lives easier in a simple, fun and convenient way. Golf GameBook ticked all the boxes. We believe the app has great potential as keen golfers will notice that it enhances a round of golf by adding a whole new dimension to the experience,” said Ludvig Yttergren, Content and Services Marketing Manager at Samsung Electronics Nordic.

VISIT WEBSITE

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Kinda illustrates how far behind the curve the rules of golf are. While the USGA continues chasing its tail (hard to do when your head is up your rectum) over belly putters, wedge grooves and other such nonsense, the digital revolution has blown right past them. How effective can a governing body be when it has lost all sense of touch with the majority of its constituents?

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Color me old fashioned but just because something is possible, is it really necessary or practical? Are tournaments now supposed to provide electronic devices for score keeping? What's more convenient than a scorecard and pencil? I'm waiting for someone to convince me how this is a better way for each player in a tournament to keep score during a competition.

Color me old fashioned but just because something is possible, is it really necessary or practical? Are tournaments now supposed to provide electronic devices for score keeping? What's more convenient than a scorecard and pencil? I'm waiting for someone to convince me how this is a better way for each player in a tournament to keep score during a competition.

+1

I can understand GPS devices or stats keeping apps, but what would a player gain from keeping score in a digital form?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Archived