TESTERS WANTED! ×

Adams stuff - General discussion

Super Tuna

Hard to think of anything much lamer than "SUPER" written across the top of a golf club. Big time BOOOOO for Adams.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

It won't say super on the crown. The crown will just say Speedline. Super only appears on the sole. I have a feeling the driver will be a hit (and will see lots of refinish jobs too).

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

We hit the Super S driver and XTD Hybrid today. Hmmmmmm.... I am going to reserve judgement until I get a chance to have an extended session with them both. Initial assessment is that XTD is still long, but looks like a TM. The Super S driver looks like a Burner Superfast 4.0. Driver seems to go ok, but lacks a little something..

I need more time with it.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I've voiced my opinion on crown graphics earlier, and I stand by my thoughts. However, my rep brought these by today and I was impressed with the LS line, decent feel and the sound was pretty good. My Foresight was not out on the range so I couldn't get numbers, but the driver seemed long enough, need a few more swings with them before I could really make a judgement on them.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

It won't say super on the crown. The crown will just say Speedline. Super only appears on the sole. I have a feeling the driver will be a hit (and will see lots of refinish jobs too).

The crown of both the S and LS hybrids say "Super," thanks for asking.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I have never gamed an Adams club. I bought a hybrid a few years ago, and took it to the course but it only made 9 holes before a friend took it off my hands. I did not like the set up at address. However, I got a new to me Adams Pro Black this week. I have barely played with it but I love the looks at address and the few times I have hit this club it is everything I want it to be. It was insanely accurate. I also loved the green VooDoo shaft. I have hit the red and did not particularly love it.

I may take this club deer hunting with me, because that is what the ball flight reminded me of. It started low and just stayed there. Then hit bounced and stopped. I hope to get this to the course tomorrow. But certainly by Friday.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Anyone else notice that the lie angle on the LS driver is only 55? That has to be the flatest driver lie angle I've seen from a OEM in quite awhile. Aside from the graphics, that right there is enough to try it out since I cannot stand how upright clubs are these days.

Equally interesting, looks like MRC is pushing the Kuro kage big time. REal deal KK's in the Cobra Amp Cell Pro, the Adams LS and the Nike Coverts.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Anyone else notice that the lie angle on the LS driver is only 55? That has to be the flatest driver lie angle I've seen from a OEM in quite awhile. Aside from the graphics, that right there is enough to try it out since I cannot stand how upright clubs are these days.

Equally interesting, looks like MRC is pushing the Kuro kage big time. REal deal KK's in the Cobra Amp Cell Pro, the Adams LS and the Nike Coverts.

The big Kuro Kage push is interesting...a friend told me that MRC is done with "Made For", which leaves me to wonder what is being made in China vs. Japan now.

The big Kuro Kage push is interesting...a friend told me that MRC is done with "Made For", which leaves me to wonder what is being made in China vs. Japan now.

I assume all their made fors will come from Aldila now?

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

The one you linked is the retail model that doesn't have VST. The one I linked is the same headshape with the VST and its tour only. They never released the one I linked retail.

They're both A12's, in the Proto G (formerly Peanut) headshape.

The new one I've seen will be slightly larger. Not quite Super Hybrid size but not quite as small as the Proto G.

Is the Super LS the new one you're referring to in the above post?

Probably a better plan. The made for's didn't seem to go down all that well with some segments of the buying public. I also know a bunch of MRC shops just about dropped them entirely due to customers getting confused, buying the cheaper Titleist ones on Ebay and such instead of the one they were fitted for and then blasting the fitter for doing a bad job. Same thing that Matrix ran into with a couple of shops after they made those horrible Xcon's for Titleist/Cobra. Funny how when they moved the made for's to TM, they complaints stopped...

Anyways, killing that practice is good. If they want to keep their high end rep, they need to do this. Plus, maybe they can get another dollar per shaft or something out of the OEM's when they mass sell. Look at all the comments about "how do they put a $375 shaft into a $400 driver??? If it's real I must buy it" and bamf, more people pick up last year's rehashed unit.

Going back to the Adams LS, I also just noticed that the lie is adjustable as well (and I really hope they mean lie and not face angle there). That would get me down to 54 stock with the ability to drop it further by cutting it shorter. Possibilities there.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Is the Super LS the new one you're referring to in the above post?

Not sure, as I haven't seen the LS hybrid yet. I was told by the Adams rep I deal with that the one that was on tour last year late would be introduced this year in some form (the smaller head with the VST in it). Course they're putting the VST in everything now it seems.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Probably a better plan. The made for's didn't seem to go down all that well with some segments of the buying public. I also know a bunch of MRC shops just about dropped them entirely due to customers getting confused, buying the cheaper Titleist ones on Ebay and such instead of the one they were fitted for and then blasting the fitter for doing a bad job. Same thing that Matrix ran into with a couple of shops after they made those horrible Xcon's for Titleist/Cobra. Funny how when they moved the made for's to TM, they complaints stopped...

Anyways, killing that practice is good. If they want to keep their high end rep, they need to do this. Plus, maybe they can get another dollar per shaft or something out of the OEM's when they mass sell. Look at all the comments about "how do they put a $375 shaft into a $400 driver??? If it's real I must buy it" and bamf, more people pick up last year's rehashed unit.

Going back to the Adams LS, I also just noticed that the lie is adjustable as well (and I really hope they mean lie and not face angle there). That would get me down to 54 stock with the ability to drop it further by cutting it shorter. Possibilities there.

I agree that no more "Made For" is a good thing, but what will MRC do with their Chinese facility? Are they going to make "the same" shaft there, but just to lower standards than the aftermarket? Or are they going to raise the quality of everything, including OEM stock stuff, to the level of the aftermarket stock stuff?

Call me jaded, but my money is not on the latter.

Also, not trying to single out MRC, it's just that I know a little more about them from some friends. I suspect every shaft company is in the same boat.

Not sure, as I haven't seen the LS hybrid yet. I was told by the Adams rep I deal with that the one that was on tour last year late would be introduced this year in some form (the smaller head with the VST in it). Course they're putting the VST in everything now it seems.

Ok, so there's supposed to be a third hybrid with a smaller head. That's what I was looking for, thanks.

I agree that no more "Made For" is a good thing, but what will MRC do with their Chinese facility? Are they going to make "the same" shaft there, but just to lower standards than the aftermarket? Or are they going to raise the quality of everything, including OEM stock stuff, to the level of the aftermarket stock stuff?

Call me jaded, but my money is not on the latter.

Also, not trying to single out MRC, it's just that I know a little more about them from some friends. I suspect every shaft company is in the same boat.

Suspcion: Aldila shaft production gets moved to China. Higher end stuff stays in Japan. US Aldila site makes made for's and items for defense and tech contracts to give easier access for the companies there that deal with them.

Suspcion: Aldila shaft production gets moved to China. Higher end stuff stays in Japan. US Aldila site makes made for's and items for defense and tech contracts to give easier access for the companies there that deal with them.

That would certainly suit me just fine. I've never cared for Aldila shafts anyway, so I don't much care about the tolerances on them. On the other hand, I'd hate to see MRC take a turn for the worse, I enjoy their product a lot.

Archived