TESTERS WANTED! ×

Aerotech Golf Shafts

mrlongball

If you wanna share I would be happy to see.

R11s 9 Open ASP w/Aerotech Powercoil 65X tipped 1"

Cally XHot 15 w/ Powercoil 65S

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 18 w/Player Spec Stiff HS 1X

Miura 501s 3-P w/Player Spec Stiff HS 1x

TM XFT 54/60 w/Steelfiber i125s

PING Nome TR SS Ultra Thin Red

ALL Irons/Woods PURE Isle of Capri Pure Pro std w/2 wraps

Srixon XV Yellow

Forgot to stick these up.

Aerotech i80 EI

25_zps6750a741.jpg

Aerotech i95

26_zps37d14c47.jpg

Aerotech i110

27_zps181eee3b.jpg

Aerotech i125

28_zpse5898ecb.jpg

And just for a frame of reference since some people asked for them when I stuck these up

Dynamic Gold

30_zps909e6102.jpg

KBS C Taper

29_zps52ededd0.jpg

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Thanks. Out of curiosity what flexes are you showing here...same flex? Plus I believe it is hard to compare the Aerotechs vs. KBS C taper DG as they are entirely different than the Aerotechs and the graphite/steelfiber winding composition.

Why should this matter to people when choosing a shaft?

Srixon XV Yellow

Got a question for u guys again looking into these shafts and trying to reach the same specs as my kbs tours c tapers ... 4.9 on their scale can I get stuff and soft step twice?? Looking into the i70 which I know are considerably lighter and will adjust fr that in swing weight can't pass up the deal????

Thanks. Out of curiosity what flexes are you showing here...same flex? Plus I believe it is hard to compare the Aerotechs vs. KBS C taper DG as they are entirely different than the Aerotechs and the graphite/steelfiber winding composition.

Why should this matter to people when choosing a shaft?

Stiff flex all across the board. EI profiles for all the sames are consistent across flexes though. They're not like the Graphite Design DI series shafts for example that alter the profile with the weight.

This should matter because this is what a person's swing actually fits into. The feel of the shaft fine tunes things, but when fitting someone's swing you're concerned about tempo, release, swing path, etc. Different profiles fit different swings.

Take for example someone with a high swing speed, with a slow tempo/transition, a late release along with a steep angle of attack with a in to out path. They're going to require something with a stiffer tip to deal with their release and steep angle of attack, but something with a softer butt section to let them have feel in the shaft properly plus accomodate their slow tempo. Ergo, not something like the C Taper or the AT i95.

I understand the different winding composition of the shaft and that because of that, they can produce a shaft with impressive dispersion with great ball speeds at a lower weight then steel. I get that. That however does not make them different in fitting function then other shafts except when you're considering the weight and feel factor.

If someone told me for example that their C Tapers felt harsh and were too heavy, immediately that moves them to a i95 or i110. Or someone says that their heaving elbow issues with their KBS Tour. Slot them into the i125 and watch it go away. Play the DL SL's or Modus 3's and find them to be too heavy? i80 and job's a good un.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Hey guys,

Spoke to aerotech and they advised hard stepping a regular once. But obviously other features are needed. Have you guys worked with the constant weight shafts? Feeling? Can you cut these as others one inch to get the hard step and to install in .370?

If your plan is to hard step a regular and you have raw parallel shafts, you will simply tip trim the shafts for the hard step. if your 8 goes into the 7, tip the shaft like an 8 iron and install into the 7, tip trim for a 7 iron and it goes into the 6 etc...

The constant weight shafts are all the Taper Tips that they offer. You will be taking more weight off the longer the iron, in turn almost flighting them a bit. The CW shafts are all the same weights and are made individually not a mass production like the parallels.....

The taper Tips (Constant weight) I would advise not cutting and proceeding with your hard step naturally (i.e PW shaft into 9, 9 into 8, 8 into 7 etc....) for your PW order another PW shaft and you can either install straight in (going to feel like your 9 iron anyways) OR tip trim like a 1/4 to 1/2 inch and your parallel tip will still fit your hosel.

If anything doesnt make sense let me know. Ive installed a ton of these shafts.

Cheers

Srixon XV Yellow

If your plan is to hard step a regular and you have raw parallel shafts, you will simply tip trim the shafts for the hard step. if your 8 goes into the 7, tip the shaft like an 8 iron and install into the 7, tip trim for a 7 iron and it goes into the 6 etc...

The constant weight shafts are all the Taper Tips that they offer. You will be taking more weight off the longer the iron, in turn almost flighting them a bit. The CW shafts are all the same weights and are made individually not a mass production like the parallels.....

The taper Tips (Constant weight) I would advise not cutting and proceeding with your hard step naturally (i.e PW shaft into 9, 9 into 8, 8 into 7 etc....) for your PW order another PW shaft and you can either install straight in (going to feel like your 9 iron anyways) OR tip trim like a 1/4 to 1/2 inch and your parallel tip will still fit your hosel.

If anything doesnt make sense let me know. Ive installed a ton of these shafts.

Cheers

Thanks MLB.

I think I am going parallel as these are a straight for and probably easier to work with. Going to order a i95 and i110 to see which one I like better. As is stated I play the c taper and their weight is 110 so I am not really sure but trial and error is the best bet I guess

These, like any other shaft out there, needs to be fitted and fitted properly by someone experience in shaft fitting. It is a process that is not completed in 20 minutes or an hour. Its done through static measurements and dynamically. to your swing. Like them or not and like any new technology, these shafts are different then everything else on the market. But I cannot stress how important it is to get fit by an experienced club fitter. Even good players with a repetitive swing and consistent trajectories, spin rates etc need to be fit.

ST - I have a hard time with this criticism. I have fit a lot of people into these, and not one has called them 'boardy'. If anything these are the complete opposite to 'boardy'. Kuchar and Snedeker love the feel of these and boardy isnt a description they give. People who have gone into these are finally able to actually feel a shaft load and unload into the golf ball.

They play a bit stiffer than flex. That said you would need to move into a softer flex or even play with the idea of hard stepping or soft stepping which is a great benefit to these shafts. A great fitting tool. As I said, its hard to say why you didnt like these without seeing your swing and how you move through the ball dynamically. My opinion is that it was a bad fitting or no fitting at all you were just hitting irons. They also take better to a smoother tempo than a vicious fast tempo.

FSAV - I think you may be surprised with the Aerotechs in the RocketBladz. If you go to a low weight and flex, yes the ball may go to high. As I said, these tend to produce more of a boring penetrating ball flight much like the KBS Tours. Not truly understanding why you want a low flight with the RBladez as their design is high launch, possibly a wrong iron fitting more than anything. Id think these would be a good fit as you may find that the Aerotechs flatten the trajectory not necessarily lower it creating more distance and better trajectory.

I would stay away from the C-Tapers unless you want something very heavy and BOARDY. If you have a SS in the high 90s low 100s fly at it but I have only but one set in someones irons; I have yet to actually fit someone into them either by eye or through the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer. If you are looking for better feel, better trajectories and, what i call, pop then get fit for aerotechs, see if your club guy can get you a shaft through Aerotech to demo, install and give it a real good go in the RBladez.

Cheers!

Clubs are in and as thought the stock kbs 90 shafts produce a balloon effect with the lower irons seemed like the seven iron worked well. I order myself the I 95 to see how it compares.

• 2 weeks later...

Clubs are in and as thought the stock kbs 90 shafts produce a balloon effect with the lower irons seemed like the seven iron worked well. I order myself the I 95 to see how it compares.

How did the test go with the i95s? The KBS 90's are a high launch high spin shaft which id think would definitely balloon especially in RBladez. But whats your feedback on the Aerotechs?

Srixon XV Yellow

How did the test go with the i95s? The KBS 90's are a high launch high spin shaft which id think would definitely balloon especially in RBladez. But whats your feedback on the Aerotechs?

Hey MLB,

No feedback yet as I have the wrong ferrule (needed collared) for these clubheads. Trying to gain a 4.9 frequency and asked Chris from Aero to see if he could help. he recommened hard stepping the i95 reg once. that is what I am doing but it seems the swingweight will come in around D-0 or jsut under. I am worried adding lead tape to get to D-4 playing weight will hinder the flex.

Thoughts?

P.s. this is a first time bild for me and I realize I am working with expensive equipment. I did get a chop saw and have the correct heat to extract the shaft. I have the epoxy and know what I am doing there but this part is killing me. I don't have a frequency or swingwieght machine to my disposal. I am using a calculation for the swingweight (inch/ounce) for now and will take i to a local fitter to get the weight tested.

Hey MLB,

No feedback yet as I have the wrong ferrule (needed collared) for these clubheads. Trying to gain a 4.9 frequency and asked Chris from Aero to see if he could help. he recommened hard stepping the i95 reg once. that is what I am doing but it seems the swingweight will come in around D-0 or jsut under. I am worried adding lead tape to get to D-4 playing weight will hinder the flex.

Thoughts?

P.s. this is a first time bild for me and I realize I am working with expensive equipment. I did get a chop saw and have the correct heat to extract the shaft. I have the epoxy and know what I am doing there but this part is killing me. I don't have a frequency or swingwieght machine to my disposal. I am using a calculation for the swingweight (inch/ounce) for now and will take i to a local fitter to get the weight tested.

Well, given the KBS are steel the pulling there is simple, heat up and pull. You should be fine with a chop saw just make sure you follow the tipping instructions for the Aerotech if you have parallel shafts. As far as the frequency goes, I dont have a done of experience there. The CPM measurements are so different across the board and with no industry std its hard to say even if all 'frequncies' are the same brand to brand. Again, I would note that the Steelfibers are entirely different than other graphite and especially steel. I would simply install first, swing weight it if you want and play it. If you have problems then ask me or Chris and try something different, heavier, hard step again etc....

Swing weight, in my opinion, is completely personal. What you want to feel is your call. I use lead tape on the head and you can either use counterweights up in the handle lead tape, layers of tape etc...I havent had any issues with the club being too heavy with the Aerotechs, if anything some guys find they cannot feel the head enough and go heavier, especially when they use a heavy grip. I would make the suggestion of lead tape vs. tip weights. tip weights can pull the COG towards the heel if weight is high whereas lead tape can be placed in the center of the back of the clubhead keeping COG behind the sweet spot. Some people dont like the lead tape look but as long as they perform how you want them, who cares!

Good luck with the install, any issues let me know!

Cheers

Srixon XV Yellow

Thanks fr the feedback I had a chance to hit the I 95 an i110 in the rocketbladez while in a trial of the fuel shafts today. We had the i95 6 iron at d-6 then bam that thing was dead on!!!!!! My numbers were of the charts and the ball flight was beautiful maybe come down a touch

The funny thing with the woods was the feul shaft had a little more tightness than my matrix xcon but once we brought the weight of the xcon up again to d-6 i was all over it. it seems I am d-6 across the woods and irons I have the I 95 hammerd in now and I might just go with the hard step and let it fly it worked at the shop.

I really went in there for my 3w and when we started hitting the 3w the fitter brought that to a d-6 and I couldn't miss it again my clubs have been it but having he track man and watching the ball flight really tuned in everything. The feul rg 60 demo they had for my three wood was all kinds of wrong just too light a shaft even at the right swing weight.

All and all I am set with aerotech i95 reg hard stepped and swing weight at d-6 and we have the money clubs

Fsav, sounds good! Now you gotta get them all done! Anything other questions about these in wedges or getting Aerotechs for hybrids etc... let me know!!

Srixon XV Yellow

Thanks for the guidance and having tested it was a great help!!! to save a few $ I am staying with the c tapers in my wedge as I never had a problem with them... just installed my first and after getting tips from Chris on abrasions the tip fit was butter. Well see how it holds up don't think I will be able to play with the build tomorrow but maybe tomorrow afternoon range session ...well see there is always next weekend.

First build complete and used for about thirty swings today in 37 weather. I hit my miura 8 iron and my new rbz wedge within 6 yards of eachother this is the gaping I wa sloping for with the one degree strong set. So far so good well se as the other come along

• 7 months later...
  • SPY VIP

First build complete and used for about thirty swings today in 37 weather. I hit my miura 8 iron and my new rbz wedge within 6 yards of eachother this is the gaping I wa sloping for with the one degree strong set. So far so good well se as the other come along

You still hitting these shafts fsav?

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• 3 weeks later...

Lots more guys on the tours playing these in their irons. Champion tour guys are playing them with a number of top tens the last number of weeks....rumors that a certain Cleveland guy may be sliding a set into this irons with some yardage gains.....If you have questions let me know!! They are available in TM and Titleist custom options (95/110 reg and stiff only i believe)!!

Srixon XV Yellow

I do have a question that seems appropriate enough on this thread. I bought a set of Mizuno 800's with these shafts in them from Rickles early in the season - I love them although I've switched to an iron with a wider sole for a bit because it's been so wet - now that it's drying out I'm thinking of going back to the Mizunos.

The one issue that I had is that they are 3/4 longer than my shafts on my other irons - I think I would do well shortening shafts. I realize that this may make them stiffer - that's not a big deal -

However is there anything else that I should be watching for?

Thoughts

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I do have a question that seems appropriate enough on this thread. I bought a set of Mizuno 800's with these shafts in them from Rickles early in the season - I love them although I've switched to an iron with a wider sole for a bit because it's been so wet - now that it's drying out I'm thinking of going back to the Mizunos.

The one issue that I had is that they are 3/4 longer than my shafts on my other irons - I think I would do well shortening shafts. I realize that this may make them stiffer - that's not a big deal -

However is there anything else that I should be watching for?

Thoughts

RevKev, this shouldnt be an issue at all. as all the shafts would have been installed (tipped if parallel) and then butt trimmed to the desired length. the bigger change may be the lies. Not that they will physically change ( ex. 63 to 62) but that the lie angle will flatten for you because the head will be brought closer into you. I would advise that, should you elect to shorten them the full 3/4 of an inch, you do another lie board check and see if you will need to change the lies after the switch. Flex shouldnt change enough to notice. Hopefully you understand what I mean regarding the lie angle.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Srixon XV Yellow

Biggest change will be in swing weight. 3/4 of an inch will make them feel noticeably lighter.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

I did this elsewhere as well and had similar comments.

Actually what I've done is taken to gripping down to the white line of the grip and it's working quite nicely - I always have the option to grip back towards the butt end if I want to launch the ball higher for down wind shots - these shafts really launch the ball high and gripping down has helped me bring the standard ball flight down a bit - I love the feel of the shaft and I can hit them all day without any pain which is great for this older man.

I've had some very nice rounds with these shafts in my irons.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived