Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

ULTIMATE FAIRWAY REVIEW (video added)

Tony Covey MGS

I totally get you Ice but again I would suggest that T mitigates your concern with his narrative - he's not just providing raw data he's saying he thinks the data may be skewed because club X didn't particularly fit tester Y.

I'm intrigued by what Matt wrote. If that statement were true and it may well be, why wouldn't I hit all shafts the same the first couple of times and then start to see differences in the ensuing shots. Normally it's the opposite - I hit a shaft and then start to adjust until I get the shot shape that I like.

I'm just wondering.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1354573744[/url]' post='81853']

I totally get you Ice but again I would suggest that T mitigates your concern with his narrative - he's not just providing raw data he's saying he thinks the data may be skewed because club X didn't particularly fit tester Y.

I'm intrigued by what Matt wrote. If that statement were true and it may well be, why wouldn't I hit all shafts the same the first couple of times and then start to see differences in the ensuing shots. Normally it's the opposite - I hit a shaft and then start to adjust until I get the shot shape that I like.

I'm just wondering.

You're doing what a good player does: adjusting. The first couple shots are different because you're reacting to how different the shaft feels, then you figure out how to deliver it to produce the shot you want.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Original post updated with rambling final thoughts. I'm going to post a couple of videos (interviews with 2 testers) in the next day or so.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• 1 month later...
  • SPY VIP

Hey guys...as promised about 2 months ago, here's the first of two post-test interviews we shot. This one with Brian was the first. As with any first go at something it proved to be a learning experience. I learned things like sit up straight, move the chair over, and no matter how much your ear itches, don't scratch it.

At a couple points in the video you'll hear me say something about adding data/info to the video. That was a lie.

You'll also hear Brian mention that matte finish on the PING G20. That's also a lie... you can't fault him, he had also just tested the PING Anser driver which is where the confusion comes in.

Truthfully, there's not a ton of entertainment value here...just two guys talking about golf clubs.

Finally...please don't talk about video or audio quality. We shot this was a flip...it's what I have for now. If/when Nikon gets off it's ass an builds a direct replacement for my D300 we'll move on up. Until then we work around (or shoot video when Tim is around). At some point we'll add a lead-in track or something. For now...Ooh baby I like it raw.

Any other thoughts, especially those around content, and how to improve are welcome.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Nice conversation, T.

Are there going to be some of the others testers too?

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

• SPY VIP

And here's the 2nd and final video...Hopefully we learned just a little from the first. I tried to keep this one a little lighter.

Archived