TESTERS WANTED! ×

Longest 3 Wood

TWShoot67

LONGEST 3 WOOD EVER  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What is your longest 3 wood ever?

OK my longest ever was and still is my Titleist 970 series. Now you guys can tell me what I missed in the other category. I wasn't trying to slight anyone but it's hard sometimes to remember all.

PS: I'm sure this has been done before but with Exotics newest claim of 20 yards longer I though I'd bring this up again.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Longest???? Tour Edge Exotics.. Without a Doubt. Highest ballspeeds, and lowest spin rates. Only for really high speed players though..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I'm surprised no one from the V Steel enthusiasts thread has crashed this party :(

I personally have to combine forgiveness with length, and for that reason it's the TM 200 Steel for me.

Any particular model or do you like the whole line?

For me, the longest was the CB2, but the CB3 tour is really good.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

I'm surprised no one from the V Steel enthusiasts thread has crashed this party :)

I personally have to combine forgiveness with length, and for that reason it's the TM 200 Steel for me.

I love the V-Steel, and the fact that it's in the bag and the 5050 is gone says it all, but the 5050 was longer for sure. Problem was, it was longer right, longer left, and I'll take shorter but straight any day.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I never could hit fairway woods, and when Hybrids came out, I was all over them. Then one day 2 years ago, I hit this used Taylor Made Burner 08 3 Wood. I was amazed at how much easier it was to hit, even more so for me, than my Adams Hybrid. I have never looked back, I don't think I could ever replace this club, it's my go to club in the bag!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I never could hit fairway woods, and when Hybrids came out, I was all over them. Then one day 2 years ago, I hit this used Taylor Made Burner 08 3 Wood. I was amazed at how much easier it was to hit, even more so for me, than my Adams Hybrid. I have never looked back, I don't think I could ever replace this club, it's my go to club in the bag!

When you find a 3W that you like, don't ever let it go. It's the hardest club in the bag to get just right, IMO. I've been through more 3Ws than anything else.

When you find a 3W that you like, don't ever let it go. It's the hardest club in the bag to get just right, IMO. I've been through more 3Ws than anything else.

+1. I have still not found the right 3 wood or 2 hybrid.

I can't see the need for longest 3 wood. Finding "the 3 wood" is defintely harder. And when you find it, you won't part with it for a long time. I'm still bagging a Titleist PT17

I have a revolving WITB policy.

I game the Adams BUL and at my swing speed (roughly 98-100) it's a beast. For the lower handicap player, they have the BTY version. Similar brazed crown technology (SS Body with Titanium face) to the TEE.

And it can be had for a song right now...

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I can't see the need for longest 3 wood. Finding "the 3 wood" is defintely harder. And when you find it, you won't part with it for a long time. I'm still bagging a Titleist PT17

I think that is basically what everyone is saying. Usually you hit you favorite clubs the best, and the farthest.

I game the Adams BUL and at my swing speed (roughly 98-100) it's a beast. For the lower handicap player, they have the BTY version. Similar brazed crown technology (SS Body with Titanium face) to the TEE.

And it can be had for a song right now...

I remember those getting good hype when they came out, but I never hear about them anymore. IIRC, that's a pretty big 3W, right? Any problems getting it off the deck?

I remember those getting good hype when they came out, but I never hear about them anymore. IIRC, that's a pretty big 3W, right? Any problems getting it off the deck?

Yeah, it's a good size head (acronym stands for "Big, Ugly and Long). But its also low profile and that makes it effective off the deck and from the tee. Honestly, the best fairway wood I've ever come across.

BTW - the BTY head is smaller so if you prefer smaller headed fairway woods then I'd give the BTY version a go.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Yeah, it's a good size head (acronym stands for "Big, Ugly and Long). But its also low profile and that makes it effective off the deck and from the tee. Honestly, the best fairway wood I've ever come across.

BTW - the BTY head is smaller so if you prefer smaller headed fairway woods then I'd give the BTY version a go.

I guess the size disguised the fact that it's actually low profile.

I remember having them in store...I probably swung them a bit at one point, but they clearly didn't dethrone the V-Steel.

I guess the size disguised the fact that it's actually low profile.

I remember having them in store...I probably swung them a bit at one point, but they clearly didn't dethrone the V-Steel.

V-Steel is a good stick also - almost legendary.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Titleist 905F

905f??? Wow. that has to be one of the shortest clubs I ever tested.... for me. Goes to show that we all need different equipment.

I've always heard those TEE 3wds were longer than most others -- some even bought 3 or 5 wds to use as 3wds. I bought both a CB1 and a CB2 at the end of last year, and just haven't been able to give them a good run-through yet.

For me my Orlimar tri-metal was great. I could hit that thing long a straight when I still played an R shaft and then I grew out of it. My Cally Xhot was long but hard to get up off the turf but easily a 250 yard club off the tee, almost like a driver. My Adams Speedline was not very long for me, maybe 225-235 and I couldn't see to get it up in the air. Now my 906F4 is about my 230-240 club and I can not only get the ball up but it stays pretty stright with the V2 in it.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Gamed a Callaway Steel=head for the best part of 8 years and never looked like taking it out of the bag until I won a Diablo (not Edge) late last year. Awesome club, maybe not quite as long as the Steel-head but with stock shaft it goes straight as an arrow and is easy to get off the deck. This same club is now in the bag of 2 regular playing partners as well, all converted.

• SPY VIP

I spent a little time with the Fast 10 5W today, not the 3W though.

This seems like an amazing club. At least by the first demo standards...

Fast 10 driver is a bomber for me too...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Archived