TESTERS WANTED! ×

Longest 3 Wood

TWShoot67

LONGEST 3 WOOD EVER  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What is your longest 3 wood ever?

For me my Orlimar tri-metal was great. I could hit that thing long a straight when I still played an R shaft and then I grew out of it. My Cally Xhot was long but hard to get up off the turf but easily a 250 yard club off the tee, almost like a driver. My Adams Speedline was not very long for me, maybe 225-235 and I couldn't see to get it up in the air. Now my 906F4 is about my 230-240 club and I can not only get the ball up but it stays pretty stright with the V2 in it.

I'll second that, it's a very solid club, and I'm thinking of trying it out against my Nike when the weather gets better.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

My furthest 3 wood is by far the Nike Sasquatch that i still have in my bag. Steel shaft, and everything else stock. This thing just goes. I've driven multiple par fours with it and have hit it over 300 a couple times. Great club and very easy to control

• 2 months later...

ive had a few....but the longest is my Ping I15 without a doubt.

In My Bag

Driver- PING G15 (10.5*)

Shaft- Miyazaki C. Kua 39

Fairway- PING G15 (15.5*)

Shaft- Matrix Studio 64

Fairway- PING G15 (18.5*)

Shaft- Oban Revenge 6

Hybrid- PING I15 (20*)

Shaft- UST Mamiya Attas 285

Irons- PING I15 (5-PW)

Shafts- AeroTech SteelFiber i80

Wedges- PING Tour-S (54*, 60*)

Shafts- True Temper DG Spinner

Putter- PING Scottsdale Pickemup

I used to have this OLD Taylormade 3 wood. It was like...one of the original burners. It was orange with a steel shaft. I swear you could pick a ball off a sidewalk like its nothing. It was STOLEN with the rest of my clubs 4 years ago right out of my shed. I honestly don't know what exact model was or I would have already bought one online in the used market.

SARGE BLOG: Helping people win the internet since the day I started helping people win the internet.

Nike SQII with a Blueboard for me. Second is the 9032ti with a Whiteboard.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Anyone playing a PING Rapture V2 fairway? I am playing with the idea of a 4 wood to get in that 4th wedge.

Just bought the V2 driver off the bay and it is a fantastic club.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Cobra S2 for me, that thing out drives my Diablo edge with ease. There is however a downside to the club in that you can't do one of those "let the club do the work" swings that my lessons coach keeps telling me. It needs a little extra oomphf when you swing but it goes like a rocket when you do.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

The longest 3W I've ever had was a Krank Golf 15*; I could carry it 285 with that thing. The best overall 3W I've ever had would be a tie between the Cobra SS and a Cally X-tour, both in 13*. I currently have a Adams Speedline Fast 10 13.5* and I absolutely hate it. It is straight but short; I actually hit my 18* hybrid about 20yds longer. I'm going to trade it in for something new very soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone playing a PING Rapture V2 fairway? I am playing with the idea of a 4 wood to get in that 4th wedge.

Just bought the V2 driver off the bay and it is a fantastic club.

+1 Exactly what I have done. Gone for a 4wood- hit it just as far as a 3 wood, if not further on occasion and gives me room for the extra wedge. I have hit the Rapture V2 quite a bit, and it is very nice. Would more than happily game it- currently gaming the G15 4 wood instead!

+1 Exactly what I have done. Gone for a 4wood- hit it just as far as a 3 wood, if not further on occasion and gives me room for the extra wedge. I have hit the Rapture V2 quite a bit, and it is very nice. Would more than happily game it- currently gaming the G15 4 wood instead!

+1 (I think we're up to +3 now LOL). There isn't enough loft change to be a real factor (not like switching from a 3w to a 7w, for example). The 4w will have between a 42-43" length... pretty much what the 3w is. Gaming the 4w to add a wedge has the potential to be a VERY smart move.

• SPY VIP

+1 (I think we're up to +3 now LOL). There isn't enough loft change to be a real factor (not like switching from a 3w to a 7w, for example). The 4w will have between a 42-43" length... pretty much what the 3w is. Gaming the 4w to add a wedge has the potential to be a VERY smart move.

Still looking for that 4w deal. Problem is that I kill my TEE 3W. The distance that I just can't hit seems to be about 215-220. Cobra Speed LD/F 5W is getting that done right now. I am concerned that a 4w would be too long and my 21* hybrid may be too short. I do just hate the 220 yard par 3's BTW..

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Well what I have got is 4w G15 and then K15 7 Wood... I never thought about getting a 7 wood until I got fit... Now it is my favourite club in the bag! Being pretty short off the tee I end up hitting it on a lot of long par 4's. Its just sooooo easy to hit! Also long par 3's it is the perfect club for me. Once you find that one club- you'll love it!

• 3 weeks later...

callaway diablo edge is definitely longest 3 wood i ever hit

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

• 1 month later...

MP Titanium. Mizuno have made a rocket launcher.

i have owned the Mizz MP Titanium 15* 3 wood for two weeks now... nothing short of stunning. to look at, sitting @ address & the sound is like a V8 being started for the first time. this thing is straight or a very slight draw... and Lonnng... BUT when i say long i mean its consistently long. not one off's or down wind... it's just a nice club to hit. you just feel good standing over it. others tried: callaway diablo, adams fast 10, few pings/tits/TM 7&9... the closest thats come to it... TM V-Steel my back up (sleeps beside me) :)

Another fairway wood I'd like to add that's long that I forgot in my original post. The Adams Speedline 9032Ti. It's also a bomber.

As for 4 woods, I used to carry a SQ II 4 wood at times instead of the 3 wood I had too. I, idiotically again, sold it when I sold the 3 wood. I, again, should be shot for selling both.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I didnt know this thread existed......

my Wishon 949 with Speeder 952, long off the tee and off the deck. Great stick. The one I had in the bag for 2 years before that? None other than the TEE with a Pro95.

I believe the wishon is just as long, if not a lil longer and way more forgiving than the TEE.

Check em out

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

• 1 month later...

Late post but longest is the Callaway GBB II 13*. I would occasionally, with about 10 yards roll, blow it by my driver. Hot trajectory and face. Only problem was using it off th edeck a little to deep in the face without the accessiblilty to take the occasinal divot if need be. currently playing the R9 tp motore which is 15* and about 15 yards shorter but goes anywhere I want it too and off the deck too

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised no one from the V Steel enthusiasts thread has crashed this party :(

I personally have to combine forgiveness with length, and for that reason it's the TM 200 Steel for me.

I found the V Steel short, I bought a 15* V Steel that I traded for my 17* 980f, the V Steel was shorter, so I took my 980f back.

Just hit the new 15* Octane tour at a Callaway fitting centre, it was only 10y short of the 9.5 Octane tour driver when I flushed both clubs.

Used to have a Mizuno F60 3W with R-flex stock exsar shaft. For me, my current Ping G15 3W with stiff Aldila Seranno is as long in wintertime with reduced flight range balls as the previous F60 in summer time with regular golf balls.

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

• 3 weeks later...

Still using an old Titleist 14.5 degree 975F that was once my most outstanding club in my bag. Hit it 300 to a green off the deck in a scramble years ago. Now it's my 250-260 club. Just re-gripped it in hopes of getting some of that distance back. Not all that forgiving a club but when it goes, it goes.

Used to have a Mizuno F60 3W with R-flex stock exsar shaft. For me, my current Ping G15 3W with stiff Aldila Seranno is as long in wintertime with reduced flight range balls as the previous F60 in summer time with regular golf balls.

My brother picked up the Mizuno 3W a couple years ago in hopes of gaining some distance over his old Cleveland 3W, which was automatic for him..not real long but always straight and easy to hit. The Mizuno never did it for him. The sweet spot would buy him a few extra yards but it wasn't nearly as consistent as the Cleveland so he's back to his 12 year old Cleveland. Like someone else said in this thread, finding a good 3W can be the toughest club in the bag to find. Stick with what works. My Titleist 3W is about 12 years old..all my other clubs I've put together in the past 3 years, but have never found something as responsive as my 975F.

Archived