TWshoot67

Longest 3 Wood

LONGEST 3 WOOD EVER  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What is your longest 3 wood ever?

Our Sponsors

I recently got an Adams Fast 12 13.5* 3W. It is LONG. I almost drove a 290yd par 4 with it (about 15' short) and I was just trying to hit it 265 to end up short of the front side bunker (ended up carrying the bunker). It is also one of the longest I have played from the fairway.

I'll just throw my 2 cents in for the Wilson Fybrid. I hit this thing a country mile and it's very forgiving; longest 3 wood I've ever bagged.

Stock UST/Mamiya Proforce VTS shaft

Fybrid_HS_3W_Main.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

Wish I could get in on the longest 3 wood - but realistically, I just can't control them - I like to overswing and I spray the thing right and left.

I'm now gaming a United 5w that is plenty long and LOVES finding the fairway.

I guess in the game of "longest" I've never gotten ahead and tried to fly the "motion in the ocean" notion

Wish I could get in on the longest 3 wood - but realistically, I just can't control them - I like to overswing and I spray the thing right and left.

I'm now gaming a United 5w that is plenty long and LOVES finding the fairway.

I guess in the game of "longest" I've never gotten ahead and tried to fly the "motion in the ocean" notion

i gotta agree tim. the reason i use my 3 wood is mainly when my driver is off and i need to find the fairway, even tho the RBZ was consistently longer i cld not game it because it was spraying a lil bit too much.

if it was a tossup between being 17 yards shorter or 17 yards longer into the rough/under the trees/OB ill take 17 yards shorter on the fairway all day long. Not dissing the RBZ, im sure it was me and not the club. but i cldnt get along with it as much as i tried and wanted to

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

I'm surprised no one from the V Steel enthusiasts thread has crashed this party :(

I personally have to combine forgiveness with length, and for that reason it's the TM 200 Steel for me.

The V steel was a very hot face. I loved mine and may look to get one again.

Titleist TS 3 with Fuji Ventus R shaft

Epic Flash 3 & 5 woods

Cally Big Berta 2019 4 hybrid

Cally Apex 2019 5-PW

Cally 48*

Honma TW4 56*

Titleist Volker Raw wedge 60*

Scotty Cameron X5 putter

I am by no means a long ball hitter, but can usually hit my fairway woods pretty good...

Previously, I was getting 185-200 yds from my 3 wood off the deck.

I recently picked up a Cally FTiz 3W to match my 11* Driver. My 3W is now 190-210 yds.

Interesting that this is from a club that is no longer made.....they only made them in 2010.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

My dad has a V-Steel 7 wood. It would be in my bag if it was a stiff shaft. I should buy one on eBay and reshaft it with a C.Kua. That would rule.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I was told 5 or 6 years ago by a TMag rep at a demo day that the fairway woods are not subject the "trampoline effect" restrictions that apply to the drivers so you can get some extra pop with a 3 wood head that you wouldn't with a driver.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I have been on a quest for a good three wood forever. I have a 980F 13 that is pretty good but today I recieved my newest acquisition. A R11 T3-14*. I put this on a Graphite Design Tour ADDI 7 Stiff shaft that I tipped 1 1/2 inches. I have only hit this club once, I got it this afternoon and, well, honestly asside from the rain there was plenty of good golf to watch on TV.

I did hit this one time today, and it appeared to be a real beast. In addition to the ball seeming to really pop off of the face, this shaft, originally a driver shaft is really hot also.

I was planning on having the Talamonti in it but it was shorter than I wanted and decided to put that in a 18* hybrid. I will test both of these out on the course in the morning. I have not changed my vote just yet but I would not be surprised to be changing this tomorrow.

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

Not sure if you would call it a 3 wood or even a strong 3 wood, but the longest I've ever hit was a a rocketballz 13 degree. I think its a two wood, but I guess its just a strong 3 wood. Practically a drive. I usually hit 3 wood on a par five where there is water 260 yds away. Mine at the time was an i15 14 degree, and I would come at least 20 yds short of the water. One time I was playing with a friend and borrowed his 13 degree rocketballz, sent it straight into the creek! I usually hit my driver 275, so I couldn't believe it.

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars