Sign in to follow this  
Paul S

Wilson isn't holding back!

73218_10151184396382675_1093102456_n.jpg

Something to look forward to, for those of you who were expecting something different from the vault.

Paul

73218_10151184396382675_1093102456_n.jpg

Something to look forward to, for those of you who were expecting something different from the vault.

Paul

So maybe this one will be something REAL?

Ya just saw this on Facebook. At first I thought it said "Enter the Light" cause after the heritage thing it felt like they were slowly dying. Perhaps there is something on the horizon to get excited about?

Funny MBP :lol:

I think "the right light" refers to that they think they have the perfect ultralite clubs. I thought D100 was going to be their #1 product in ultralite. Well, you never know with Wilson.

As long as they haven't inserted LED's into everything there's potential here.

Ok, this time I'm sure it's the D100 driver.

I talked to one of the guys at Wilson and he said the tour feedback has been good. I've also heard a couple positive comments here and there about the feel of it. It will be interesting to see if they can get one or two on tour.

Ya just saw this on Facebook. At first I thought it said "Enter the Light" cause after the heritage thing it felt like they were slowly dying. Perhaps there is something on the horizon to get excited about?

As long as they haven't inserted LED's into everything there's potential here.

Seriously I just laughed out loud twice, haha!

Personally I'm a little nervous about a driver being too light. Hopefully it really is "the right light." I experimented a bunch once at a Golfsmith and I found that I don't hit the lighter drivers nearly as well. For example, in the Cleveland Classic lineup, I FAR prefer the Tour 310 to even the 290. Something about that slightly heavier feel helps me be consistent and smooth. Of course I'll have to try the D100 driver though. Not the irons... I'm not a fan of how they looked in the MGS spy pics.

Paul

Hopefully they offer something nice instead of the stupid vault or whatever that was. It would be cool if they made some modern but old school blades and if they made some nicer putters even though they're not bad now.

Irons are spectacular, Fybrids are awesome clubs but Drivers just suck...let's hope it changes this year...

Another brand I've never cared about (though I did bag them for my first year in golf, but that's cause they were free hand-me-downs)

Will be interesting to see if Wilson can pull themselves up from the ashes.

And that is the D100 irons. Isn't it?

And that is the D100 irons. Isn't it?

Looks like it. Hard to feel like this is a big unveiling when they had a two page spread in Golf magazine a while back.

And, for the record, that makes me wrong on both of these "unveilings." But I am undeterred!

Oh no the didn't!

distanceunleashed.jpg

I completely understand now! The cavity is RED, red is a FAST colour, as we know fast = LONG!

Seriously though, can someone explain to me how the first of January is the ideal time for a product launch? I'm no marketing expert (and I have been wrong on the odd occasion lol), but I'd have thought that people would be busy doing other things on New Years Day.

I completely understand now! The cavity is RED, red is a FAST colour, as we know fast = LONG!

Seriously though, can someone explain to me how the first of January is the ideal time for a product launch? I'm no marketing expert (and I have been wrong on the odd occasion lol), but I'd have thought that people would be busy doing other things on New Years Day.

100% agree. Most people's radar won't be up on this day.

You're probably right, but one way to look at it is that most people will be hungover and at home/not working, so possibly browsing around (assuming this is just an internet launch)? I will probably be hungover and watching college football, but I suppose that may be there angle. Overall I agree with you though.

If your irons don't look good, launch them when golfers have beer goggles.

No, seriously, I like the D100 irons. Just launch them.

If your irons don't look good, launch them when golfers have beer goggles.

No, seriously, I like the D100 irons. Just launch them.

Exactly Furu, enough with the teasing, just get them out there.

And today - the D100 driver. This is exciting!! Seriously!

d100-driver.jpg?resize=625%2C299