Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

TaylorMade Warranty on Used Clubs

ms1195

I recently purchased an R11S off of ebay that has a questionable mark on it. The listing noted a "ding" on the crown, but after receiving it I would call this ding a dent and there is a scratch at the front of it. The dent is fairly shallow, but the scratch looks deep, deep enough to where I think it may be a crack.

I have never seen a cracked driver crown in person, but I assume one would be able to tell after hitting the driver? Unfortunately I bought this driver for my dad who is left handed, so I will not be able to get any test hits in. My first question is does anybody know how to tell if this is in fact a crack in the driver?

Second question is what is TaylorMade's warranty policy for drivers purchased second hand? I was planning on registering the serial number today and contacting their customer service, but I thought I would ask here first to see if anyone has any first hand experience.

Thanks for any insight on this.

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

Taylormade will probably replace it for you regardless of how you got it because making you happy is more important to the, than one old driver. I say old because it is to them.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I have never dealt with TMag on a warranty issue on clubs, however, I love the Ashworth Cardiff shoes, part of the TMag company. I have a pair that I have worn everyday since February and love them. I bought another pair just like them but a different color, but they were slightly tight across the top of the foot, and they hurt my feet. I contacted TMag earlier this week about having some shoes for the past month and instead of being comfortable from the first moment I put them on and getting more comfortable, they were slightly uncomfortable and became unwearable to the point that I wore them most of the day Monday (I had to drive home and walk from the car barefoot) and my feet are still sore. There response was that they will replace the shoes at no charge for 1 year, and they are very sorry that this happened.

I have never had that happen before. They said I could send it to them with PofP or return it to the retailer. The retailer also said they would take them back. I find both of these responses to be excellent service.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Thanks for the feedback guys. I suppose I will try registering and contacting TM. The only thing that worries me is the timing, because I really don't want the ebay seller to get away with sending me a bunk driver. If Taylor Made comes through it will be well worth it though.

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

Depends, in all honesty. They could say it was damaged from not using a headcover. Put it in a bucket of water and submerge it. If it bubbles at the dent, its a crack not a dent. Then file a PayPal claim for not as advertised and get your money back. You'd be better off buying a different one than getting them to warranty it IMO. They're pretty good with their warranty but on the crown can easily be done because a headcover wasn't used or slamming it back in the bag with the headcover on because that's the thinnest part of the HC. I wouldn't chance getting it warrantied, not to mention it was bought used and warranties aren't really transferable. If you must have a warranty, I'd say buy new, as that's the only way to guarantee you have one to begin with.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

As a retailer, I would say to take it to an authorized dealer and ask them to call Taylor Made directly. In order to set up return authorizations, you need to go through one anyway, at least you will already be at a shop that can send it back. I have never had an issue with TMaG and their customer service.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

Archived