TESTERS WANTED! ×

Grips: The Glorious and Gruesome

My new driver came with an Iomic grip. It was a little pricey, but when the total cost of the club hits four figures, who cares. I love this grip. Heat/humidity/rain is no problem, and it cleans up nicely. I hope to get an entire year out of it, but have already planned to have the winter regrip done with Iomics.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My new driver came with an Iomic grip. It was a little pricey, but when the total cost of the club hits four figures, who cares. I love this grip. Heat/humidity/rain is no problem, and it cleans up nicely. I hope to get an entire year out of it, but have already planned to have the winter regrip done with Iomics.

4 digits for a driver!?!!? I have a suspicion I know which site that came from. Could you share with us what it is that you got?

Back to the Iomic, how many rounds does the grip have on it so far? How has it held up? Performance is one thing, but durability is equally important to me. Thanks in advance.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I'm thinking the 4 figure driver was either tour issued or has a Matrix TPHD in it. That or you got a builder that really is great at his job and justifies it by his labor costs.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived