Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

UST MAMIYA Recoil Prototype (Lots of Pics!)

SPY ZINGER

UST has been working to solve an old problem with graphite shafts in irons. Heavy, thick walled graphite shafts deform differently than thin walled steel shafts. This provide a dull, dampened feel and inconsistent energy loading and release during the swing. UST is working to develop new iron shaft designs with lower hoop stiffness similar to steel shaft deformation. The result is said to have improved accuracy through consistent transfer of energy and enhanced feel and workability.” UST reports “Low Hoop” technology brings the feel back into heavy graphite irons shafts. They position 19 different layers within the shaft to create a shaft they say outperforms the best steel shafts on the market. These are constant weight designs, with balance points adjusted so there will be no drop off in swingweight when replacing existing iron shafts.

Details about the Recoil Prototype from UST MAMIYA:

Finally, a revolutionary technology that will change how you think about iron shafts. UST Mamiya's new recoil iron shafts are a game changer. In the past, heavy weight graphite iron shafts felt dead and stiff. With UST Mamiya's exclusive recoilâ„¢ technology, we have brought feel back into the shaft, while allowing players to hit a wide range of shots that result in better distance control and pin seeking accuracy.

By positioning over 19 different layers within the shaft, we were able to create a design that outperforms the best steel shafts in the market. The recoilâ„¢ Prototype shafts are constant weight designs, with balance points adjusted so there will be no drop off in swing weight when re-shafting your steel shafted irons.

Better players looking for great feel and the ability to work the ball

Lower balance, higher flex point

Heavier weights with firmer tip for lower flight

IMG_2703.JPG

IMG_2704.JPG

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2707.JPG

IMG_2712.jpg

IMG_2713.JPG

IMG_2714.JPG

IMG_2716.JPG

IMG_2718.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG

IMG_2720.JPG

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2723.JPG

Posted Image

Damn those look good. I'm assuming you are going to be trying them out? Let us know how it goes!!

If you happen to need a tester I have a set of Adams CMB heads waiting, I'd be happy to volunteer :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Can you show a "down the barrel" type pic to show how thick they are?

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

HCKY: Yes, going to give them a go. The problem is I'm having the same problem you are with respect to weather and playing conditions. In time!

Ice, do you mean from the butt end down through the center of the interior of the shaft?

Posted Image

QUESTION: Would you guys find demo irons with the RECOIL shaft beneficial? Something you could hit on your own, outside or on a launch monitor to compare them against your current set-up?

UST MAMIYA and MGS is working to bring this opportunity to the readership. I completely agree, it's one thing to read about a shaft, it's another to have it in hand to see for yourself.

Posted Image

QUESTION: Would you guys find demo irons with the RECOIL shaft beneficial? Something you could hit on your own, outside or on a launch monitor to compare them against your current set-up?

UST MAMIYA and MGS is working to bring this opportunity to the readership. I completely agree, it's one thing to read about a shaft, it's another to have it in hand to see for yourself.

Absolutely!

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

That would be fantastic. Not many places around MN to demo some of the more exotic shafts.

I would definitely love to see some demo irons using a 5, 6 , or 7 Taylormade Rocketbladez head. I tried the Steel Fibre iron shaft on a test club I had built for myself in 2011, but did not like the feel and decided on KBS. I would be happy to review and pass it around to my golfing friends to get their feedback also.

• 4 months later...

They have been installed!

http://forum.mygolfs...999#entry100999

Nice...I'll be looking for the review sometime in August when we finally get our courses open :)

They have been installed!

http://forum.mygolfs...999#entry100999

Where did you get the shafts and would you know if they will ship one to Australia at my expense?

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

You have to get the Prototypes through an authorized SPX account. Send Frank a message: aceofclubstp.com

Thank you.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Archived