TESTERS WANTED! ×

MGS Fantasy Golf 2013 (Official Thread)

JBones

It's that time again, ladies and gentlemen. Registration has opened for the 2013 Yahoo Fantasy Golf season. I have started the first group. Please use the link, group id, and password below to join. When Group 1 fills up, please let me know, so I can start another group. Lets have some fun this season and try to have record participation.

First tourney starts January 4th, so get signed up soon.

Group 1 is full, I have started a new group. Please use the information below to join group 2.

Instructions- Click the link below, then click on 'Sign Up Now'. Once you have signed up and created a team name (please use your MGS screen name for ease of identification), select 'Join a Group'. From there select 'Join a Private Group' and enter the information provided below (group id and password).

http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

Group ID# 3476

Group Name: MyGolfSpy Group 2

Group Password: mygolfspy

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already... it seems like we just finished up 2012. Can't wait for '13 to start up!

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

I'm in! Thanks for setting it up JBones!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I'm in!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I'm playing this year! haha I can't wait for this to start

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm in - thanks!

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

done

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

I'm signed up. Now hopw do you play? Seriously. Is there a link to the rules or instructions?

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

When I started this a couple of years ago, there was a "Rules" link that gave very clear instructions on how to play. Unfortunately, the "Rules" link on this years page is not very good and some important info is missing. I did find this page that appears to include everything you need to know. Read each bullet on this page. Then come back here and ask questions. Those of us who have played before should be able to answer most questions.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=topics&y=PROD_SPORTS_FAN_GOLF&locale=en_US&topics=TOP_SCORE

When I started this a couple of years ago, there was a "Rules" link that gave very clear instructions on how to play. Unfortunately, the "Rules" link on this years page is not very good and some important info is missing. I did find this page that appears to include everything you need to know. Read each bullet on this page. Then come back here and ask questions. Those of us who have played before should be able to answer most questions.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=topics&y=PROD_SPORTS_FAN_GOLF&locale=en_US&topics=TOP_SCORE

That helps a lot....thanks!

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

OK.....so each pro only has 10 "Starts"? If he is only used for say the 2nd round of a tournament, does that count as a "Start"?

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

Well, I expect to finish slightly higher than last year, but only because I did not play last year. I at least know enough to pick people that are playing. According to Yahoo, 48% of the pickers have picked Rory and Tiger to win the TOC in Hawaii and they are not even playing.:lol:

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

My Unofficial Fantasy Golf Rules and Strategy

1. Before the start of each weeks tournament, Pick 2 players from the A-List, 4 players from the B-List and 2 players from the C-List. One A player, two B players, and one C player will be starters, and the other 4 will be on the bench. Unofficial strategy: Pick the best 8 players in the tournament, and put the 4 best of those as starters.

2. After the end of each round, you have the opportunity to move players from your bench to replace starters. In a perfect world, all of your starters will score lower than the players on your bench. The world is seldom perfect. Unofficial strategy: Since players who shoot low in round one may tank in round two, and since players who shoot high in round one may come back low in round two, there is no strategy. Shuffle players at your own risk.

3. Scoring: The lowest score shot in each round earns 20 points for starters on your team who shoot the lowest score. Two strokes are deducted for each stroke higher than the lowest score. Ex. Rory shoots 64 for the lowest round of the day. You earn 20 points if he is one of your starters. Players who shoot 65 earn 18 points, 66 earns 16 points and so on down to 73 earning 2 points. Strategy: Pick players who shoot really low rounds.

4. After round two some players will miss the cut. Sometimes... no oftentimes, one or more of your starters will miss the cut. You have to go in before the start of Saturday's round and replace them with players on your bench or you will not earn any points for those players. Strategy: Be careful after the third round. Some players may MDF meaning they will make the cut but not play the final round. You have to move these players to the bench after round three or they won't earn any points.

5. Bonus points are earned if any of your players finish in the top three. 20 bonus points for 1st, 10 bonus points for 2nd, and 5 bonus points for 3rd. A player only has to start in your lineup for one round to earn bonus points. Unofficial strategy: If you have a player on your bench after round 3 who has a chance to finish in the top three and hasn't already started for any round, it may be good strategy to start them in the final round. Note that I said "may be good strategy". It is only good strategy if he comes through and earns bonus points. Otherwise you've just used a "start" for that player. (Last year I saved that start only to see my benched player get into a playoff and win.)

6. Over the full season, you can only start a player 10 times. If you move a player into your starting lineup for one round it is considered a start. The system will always show how many remaining starts you have for each player. Unofficial strategy: I don't have a clue how to best manage starts. If you try to save a player for later tournaments his hot play may turn cold. If you always start Tiger or Rory every time they are entered, they won't be available to start later in the year. For me, if a player is hot, I start him regardless.

7. The players you end one tournament with will automatically be your starters for the next tournament unless you go in and change your lineup. Since fields change each week, you have to change you lineup for every tournament or you'll have players starting who are not entered. It takes full attention every week and after every round to be sure your starters are playing.

8. More unofficial strategy: Beware of starting players who are injured. Some of those players may wait until Thursday morning to withdraw. I know of one player who did it several times last year... twice when I had him starting. If you start a player who withdraws at the last minute, you won't have a chance to replace him. If you set your lineup early in the week, check it on Wednesday night for withdrawals. The system will show NE for someone who is not entered. In almost every tournament there are several players who withdraw. Choose your A-List and C-List players carefully. If both miss the cut, you're going into the weekend not earning points in that section. This can also happen in the B-List but it's not as frequent since you have four players.

9. There are probably other things I've failed to mention. It's a lot of fun, but it also takes a fair amount of time. Hope this answers some of the questions.

OK.....so each pro only has 10 "Starts"? If he is only used for say the 2nd round of a tournament, does that count as a "Start"?

Any time you have them active as a starter, in any round, it counts as a start; if you leave them on the bench for all four rounds, then they don't get credited for a start. You only get one "start" per tournament, so if you play a guy for round 1, then bench him for 2 & 3, and play him again in round 4, it's still only one "start".

My Unofficial Fantasy Golf Rules and Strategy

Thanks for the advice. I have never played a Fantasy Sport of any kind. Actually, I did in the 80's but back then you used paper and pencil and read the box scores out of the newspaper. I read about how to do this on line earlier today.

Darned the luck, I just realized I am going to have to change my life around next season to play this with you all. Last year, since I play golf on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I do not watch golf. I record it and watch it Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I also avoid watching the scores so it I do not find out how everyone is doing until long after it is done. I guess now, I will have to check the scores every night to see whom to bench and whom to start.

Oh well, life is hard sometimes.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I'm in, looking forward to the season and hopefully improving upon last years results! Glad to see some new faces signing up, welcome.

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

in... again

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I guess now, I will have to check the scores every night to see whom to bench and whom to start.

Oh well, life is hard sometimes.

LMAO.....yes, yes it is :D

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

Any time you have them active as a starter, in any round, it counts as a start; if you leave them on the bench for all four rounds, then they don't get credited for a start. You only get one "start" per tournament, so if you play a guy for round 1, then bench him for 2 & 3, and play him again in round 4, it's still only one "start".

Gotit...thanks!

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

Is this for fun or are we throwing in 20 bucks or so for the season?

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

Archived