JBones

MGS Fantasy Golf 2013 (Official Thread)

Our Sponsors

Wow, usually it takes me at least a whole segment to fall this far behind! I am outdoing myself this year.

I only had two players make the cut last week!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Henley who?? 3 straight 63's, is this kid for real? Who's going to jump on and try to ride him through a few tournaments for points. You can't always rely on the favorites, time to study up on some new pga tour blood and hopefully make some good picks!

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

Definitely going to be watching Henley closely after that last round. Plus the C choices are kinda weak, so I can see most people picking him up quick.

(still 5 points ahead of JBones)

Why did I not listen to myself? I would have had 32 more points and been in fifth place or so if I did not change two of my starters at the last minute on Thursday. But I am still learning and did improve. Almost cracked the top 10 Saturday night but fell back to 15.

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

Why did I not listen to myself? I would have had 32 more points and been in fifth place or so if I did not change two of my starters at the last minute on Thursday. But I am still learning and did improve. Almost cracked the top 10 Saturday night but fell back to 15.

ha i feel ya man. If i would've played CH 3rd on saturday like i planned i would've got 2 more points over Chris kirk on Sat and then 5 bonus points for CH 3rd, 3rd place finish. Would've won outright (i'm sure everybody can make a similiar case). I'm happy with a top 10. Hindsight is 20-20 lol. Kirk getting an 8 (Triple) on #9 didn't help the cause on Sat either.

I was one of three guys who started Jeff Overton today and only a handful of us have him on the roster. I had some inside info on that one. He is from here and not too long ago he was in the pro shot dropping off an autographed Cleveland bag and told the guys about his switch to Adams and how excited he was about how he was playing with his new equipment. He thinks this will be his best year yet. I'm so nice, I thought I'd share that tidbit with everyone, to actually give you a chance at keeping up with me. :P

Yea i had Overton in all 4 rounds this week. Hope he has a better year than last. Coming off the Ryder cup appearance i think his and everybody elses expectations were higher for last year. Hope the Eville native puts it all together this year.

ha i feel ya man. If i would've played CH 3rd on saturday like i planned i would've got 2 more points over Chris kirk on Sat and then 5 bonus points for CH 3rd, 3rd place finish. Would've won outright (i'm sure everybody can make a similiar case). I'm happy with a top 10. Hindsight is 20-20 lol. Kirk getting an 8 (Triple) on #9 didn't help the cause on Sat either.

A similar case yeah, but probably not as bad. I had CH3, Kuchar, & Peterson on the bench on Friday. My bench scored a whopping 54 points on Friday and my starters scored 26 points. Luckily, I got it straightened out before Saturday.

Another week, another middle of the road performance. Watch out for the Barbajo squad this week, though -- got a secret weapon up my sleeve :o

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Another week, another middle of the road performance. Watch out for the Barbajo squad this week, though -- got a secret weapon up my sleeve :o

If D. Summerhays was your secret weapon you should've went with ur gut. He would've got ya 16 over Webb. Good luck the rest of the weekend man!

Another great round by Henley

This kid has the attitude and game to do some damage this season.

Oh, btw, looks like it's time for you to play catch up. :P

If D. Summerhays was your secret weapon you should've went with ur gut. He would've got ya 16 over Webb. Good luck the rest of the weekend man!

Yup -- secret weapon alright. Good thing I had him on the bench, otherwise I would have gathered more than 22 points for day 1.

Good thing that didn't happen.... :angry:

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I always love looking at the leaderboard and seeing my guys doing well. Clark and Kuch are going OFF; Clark -6 thru 9 and Kuch -6 thru 10.

I saw that too, and then noticed you also had them, damn...

Russell Henley shot a 69 yesterday. I guess that proves everybody has a "bad day.":lol:

I am such an idiot.

Cut comes after round three in this tourney because they each must play a round on three courses before the cut. Your guys still have a chance WD.

Cut comes after round three in this tourney because they each must play a round on three courses before the cut. Your guys still have a chance WD.

Whew, thanks for the update