TESTERS WANTED! ×

2013 TM Drivers

MmmmmmBuddy

Some of the fellas had a chance to try these the other day. (I missed it. Christmas Tree hunting) So here are the pics.

RBZ Stage 2 vs R1

IMAG0181.jpg

R1 Crown

IMAG0177.jpg

RBZ Stage 2 Crown

IMAG0173.jpg

Stage 2 sole

IMAG0174.jpg

Stage 2 face

IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

R1 Sole

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

Thoughts??

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Yuck! Not a fan, maybe it grows on you, like a fungus, which is what the top looks like.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Interesting. That R1 has a built in compass in the sole! :lol:

I thought it was a joke at first that some one glued a compass on the bottom, but it is not a compass, just looks like one.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Those crowns are begging for a paint job.

I'm actually interested in hearing about all the new features, they need something good to recover from the paint scheme.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I can't wait to hear the story on the crown graphics.

TV recognition?

There's a well known/respected poster elsewhere who has commented that this and a number of other designs were given to the Tour players as options. The choice on the R1 was supposidly the overwhelming favorite of them including some more plainer designs.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

And so it begins. Samsung is releasing a flexible LCD screen in 2013, how long before TaylorMade incorporates that into the driver crown so we can watch TM commercials while we're setting up to hit the ball? They'll charge extra for the non-Commercial version, but cheapskates will have to watch!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Welp the crown paint scheme is looking like the open door that Nike needed to start their run towards #1

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

In regards to the new awful looking graphics...

I would guess if it was white again, to many people watching golf at home on the weekends wouldn't realize TM had a new driver out. This way they can recognize it's different...and boy it sure is.

TV recognition?

There's a well known/respected poster elsewhere who has commented that this and a number of other designs were given to the Tour players as options. The choice on the R1 was supposidly the overwhelming favorite of them including some more plainer designs.

That was me, and yes, this is the most radical, and CLEARLY the favorite of the touring pros. I think once you hold it in your hands you'll see some of the actual usefulness. It's almost like having TrueAim already installed. The crux of the design is exactly at the sweet spot, which MOST people feel is toward the heel. I'm torn on it. I play an R11s right now, and love it. This thing and the Covert are really great, just not sure how I feel about the crown. (Full disclosure--I have TrueAim on my driver right now, so I am used to busy graphics--and this is definitely busy.)

The graphics are just dumb. I heard that they had Rose and Johnson testing and both wanted the graphics gone and back to all white as it was a giant distraction.....I see a lot of ppl on these forums buying and having them refinished in all white or matte black.....And obviously we are starting to see the TM push onto Adams as the new sppedline has graphics all over the crown as well, kinda sad....I am interested in the adapter situation with all the new independent loft and face angle control designs (TM, Nike Covert, Cobra Cell).....Still think the big movers this yr will be Nike with the Covert and Cally with their Rxr Fit extreme.....

Aside from the loft and asp compass what is the real difference between the R11s and RBZ and the new R1 and RBZ Stage 2?

R11s 9 Open ASP w/Aerotech Powercoil 65X tipped 1"

Cally XHot 15 w/ Powercoil 65S

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 18 w/Player Spec Stiff HS 1X

Miura 501s 3-P w/Player Spec Stiff HS 1x

TM XFT 54/60 w/Steelfiber i125s

PING Nome TR SS Ultra Thin Red

ALL Irons/Woods PURE Isle of Capri Pure Pro std w/2 wraps

Srixon XV Yellow

Thanks for posting these!

Just reinforced the idea of going Cobra/Nike next year!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Sure thing. The fellas that hit these thought that they were better than last years woods. Aside from the crown graphics...

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

The graphics are just dumb. I heard that they had Rose and Johnson testing and both wanted the graphics gone and back to all white as it was a giant distraction.....I see a lot of ppl on these forums buying and having them refinished in all white or matte black.....And obviously we are starting to see the TM push onto Adams as the new sppedline has graphics all over the crown as well, kinda sad....I am interested in the adapter situation with all the new independent loft and face angle control designs (TM, Nike Covert, Cobra Cell).....Still think the big movers this yr will be Nike with the Covert and Cally with their Rxr Fit extreme.....

Aside from the loft and asp compass what is the real difference between the R11s and RBZ and the new R1 and RBZ Stage 2?

Everyone needs to understand something---there is no possible way to decouple loft from face angle. It is not possible. It is semantics and engineering trickery to make you think that is what is happening. They cannot be adjusted independently. You'll see when you actually get the drivers in your hands.

Everyone needs to understand something---there is no possible way to decouple loft from face angle. It is not possible. It is semantics and engineering trickery to make you think that is what is happening. They cannot be adjusted independently. You'll see when you actually get the drivers in your hands.

I suppose you could argue it is possible, but then it would be changing the lie angle with it instead. If you hover the club at address instead of soling it to take your grip, you're correcting for the face angle change already the way I see it. I could be wrong about this. But that's how I'm picturing it anyway. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Nike claims to have done it. So I'm really wondering what they actually did. It seems like changing the angle the shaft enters the head will change more than one setting no matter how you do it.

Changing loft without face angle can be done, but it isn't feasible to actually do on a mass produced driver. It would be like bending loft on an iron. You'd need a hinge like adapter. But, the one piece once used now are much simpler.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

That was me, and yes, this is the most radical, and CLEARLY the favorite of the touring pros. I think once you hold it in your hands you'll see some of the actual usefulness. It's almost like having TrueAim already installed. The crux of the design is exactly at the sweet spot, which MOST people feel is toward the heel. I'm torn on it. I play an R11s right now, and love it. This thing and the Covert are really great, just not sure how I feel about the crown. (Full disclosure--I have TrueAim on my driver right now, so I am used to busy graphics--and this is definitely busy.)

It may help with alignment and sweet spot, but how does the logo and varied colors aid in that?

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

I almost had a seizure looking at these.

I hope that was not Tmag's intention....

I can't say that i like the looks, but at the same time I think its something I could get used to. Ultimately I pick a driver if it meets two criteria-

Can I afford it?

If so, do I hit it well?

honestly, if it meets those two requirements then I am going to get it. The only affect the looks would have is maybe a distraction when at address, but that would also affect the way I hit it.

Bottom line, performance is everything. Now I'm not saying you have to like a driver like this, but I have to say that if you had two drivers, hit one better than another, but picked the one you didn't hit as consistently or as good, I would say you are an idiot.

Golf is about playing better, at least for me. I guess if you play golf to look good doing it, then by all means pick your clubs for looks.

Obviously looks can effect performance and confidence, and cause distraction, but when looks get more important that performance....

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

I can't say that i like the looks, but at the same time I think its something I could get used to. Ultimately I pick a driver if it meets two criteria-

Can I afford it?

If so, do I hit it well?

honestly, if it meets those two requirements then I am going to get it. The only affect the looks would have is maybe a distraction when at address, but that would also affect the way I hit it.

Bottom line, performance is everything. Now I'm not saying you have to like a driver like this, but I have to say that if you had two drivers, hit one better than another, but picked the one you didn't hit as consistently or as good, I would say you are an idiot.

Golf is about playing better, at least for me. I guess if you play golf to look good doing it, then by all means pick your clubs for looks.

Obviously looks can effect performance and confidence, and cause distraction, but when looks get more important that performance....

I'm sure there are a lot of drivers you can afford and a lot you can hit well. Now I know you well enough to know that you don't care about shafts or fitting, so getting fit for a driver on a launch monitor isn't something you'd do. So how do you choose between three drivers you can afford and you hit well if you don't care about looks?

The vast majority of golfers would hit a K15 driver or RocketBladez irons waaaaaaaay "better" than say a J40 430 driver or 712MBs Does that make everyone who buys the latter idiots?

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I'm sure there are a lot of drivers you can afford and a lot you can hit well. Now I know you well enough to know that you don't care about shafts or fitting, so getting fit for a driver on a launch monitor isn't something you'd do. So how do you choose between three drivers you can afford and you hit well if you don't care about looks?

The vast majority of golfers would hit a K15 driver or RocketBladez irons waaaaaaaay "better" than say a J40 430 driver or 712MBs Does that make everyone who buys the latter idiots?

Better has many forms for different people. If they pass up the driver that they hit better in the way they wish to hit a driver for another then yes, that is the move of an idiot.

Can't say there is a case in which I would hit 3 drivers identically, and if I ever did I would certainly choose the one that costs the least. No point in paying more for the same exact performance in my eyes.

I also have no issue with getting fit on a launch monitor, just not now. I'm not getting something completely custom fit for me right now as my swing is always changing slightly which would make a custom fitting useless once my swing continues to change.

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

• 2 weeks later...

HULK JUST WONDER WHY TMAG NOT YET GET INTO COLOR CUSTOMIZATION LIKE CALLAWAY. HULK WOULD LIKE TO HAVE CHOICE OF GRIP COLOR, HEAD COLOR, DECALS ETC. TMAG GIVE HULK WHAT HE WANT OR HULK SMASH

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

OK so here we go again.. The slanted lines is for alignment to show you how not to hit a slice and to bring the club to the inside.. The white to reduce the glare and the compass on the bottom to always hit the fairway.. Also you will always hit the ball 17 yards more..

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Hate it or love it, but it's probably going to be a success again. From a marketing point of view TM is very slick. You can't argue with that… Well, you can, but you know what I mean ;)

Driver: Cleveland Classic 290 9.0 - Miyazaki C. Kua 43 (S)

Fw Wood: Maruman F3 Shuttle 15* - Roddio Pentacross W-5 BA (S)

Fw Wood: Tourstage 2008 ViQ 19* - Ns Pro GT700 (X)

Hybrid: Nakashima NX1 22* - Pured Fujikura TOUR SPEC Speeder 904HB (X)

Irons: Mizuno MP63 - Ns-Pro GH950 (S)

Wedge: Mizuno MP T-11 50* - Ns-Pro GH950 (S)

Wedges: Epon 210KGX 54*, 58* - Shimada Wedge shaft

Putter: Seemore DB4

Grips: Iomic & Lamkin

Bag: OnOff OB0010 Shingo Katayama limited Tour Bag

Bag: Adidas Japan Tour Bag

Ball: Nike Vapor

Archived