Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

2013 TM Drivers

MmmmmmBuddy

If you've actually held and seen them in person, the graphics aren't nearly as bad as they look in pictures. And no, there's no possible way to adjust loft independent of face angle. Not unless the face and hosel both articulate, which they do not.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

If you've actually held and seen them in person, the graphics aren't nearly as bad as they look in pictures. And no, there's no possible way to adjust loft independent of face angle. Not unless the face and hosel both articulate, which they do not.

Interesting. I've found both to be worse in hand actually and don't really like the sound of either. It's something I could get use to if I had to, but not really by choice. They'll certainly sell like hotcakes though.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I also have no issue with getting fit on a launch monitor, just not now. I'm not getting something completely custom fit for me right now as my swing is always changing slightly which would make a custom fitting useless once my swing continues to change.

News Flash - I'm sorry but if youre a human being your swing will always be changing. For the rest of your golfing life i predict! On your theory you'll never get fit as long as you play the game. Or do you have a certain level of consitencey / performance bookmarked for your swing before you deem it to be ready for fitting clubs to? Even the best players in the world who's swings may look the same from one year to the next are constantly making changes, however small. Their specs will alter. slightly. Jayhawker, I'm only offering my advice here but in my opinion waiting until our swing settles down or until you've finished making changes isn't the right thing to do.

Get fitted for the swing you have today. Start hitting better shots today! Unless you're on some kind of full time coaching program where you're changing tons of things in your swing and beating thousands of balls a day to make the alterations stick, it's just not going to change your specifications that much, that quickly.

It's one of the biggest excuses I used to hear from students. "Oh I'll get custom fit once I've fixed my swing, I don't want equipment fitted to this swing, it'll be different soon." I'm sorry but much like the fat chick who has a special dress she's slimming down to fit into. Guess what, most of those dresses never see the light of day.

The game's difficult enough as it is. Why use equipment that might not suit you whilst you're trying to make changes to get better. I have no idea what equipment you currently use. I have no idea whether its close to suiting your game or absolutely hurting you every time you make a swing. The point is you may as well have the correct tools in your hand today. Why save them for this mystical time in the future where your swing will be better and more consistent and easier to fit!?

In my experience, if you get fitted today it'll help. If you wait, you'll never know if it could have helped.

Good luck with the swing changes. I'm not beating on you personally, it's just a bug bear of mine when I hear that line about waiting until your swings 'fixed'. It's never fixed. It's always a work in progress.

For the record, I'm a TaylorMade staff player too. My opinion on the new R1 / RBZ stage II...?

If they out perform the driver you are currently using, buy one. If they don't, don't. I really struggle to understand the all the fuss and commotion about how a new club looks. Who cares how it looks if it hits more fairways / leaves you one less club to the green? Remember all the doubters when the R11 came out with a white head!? Nobody forsaw what would follow. Imagine if there were golf forums around like this when Ping first released their irons.

I am yet to get either club in my hand. I'll try them and see which one I hit best and if its better than what is currently in the bag I'll game it. But a lot of that will be down to me getting the spec right and getting fitted properly by one of our excellent technicians. The shaft is a huge part of that so I'll have to try it with several different shaft options on a variety of different settings.

Oh and guess what. My swing is changing too. But I can't afford to wait until its finished, I need to play as good as I can as soon as I can!

Nick :-)

"The more I practice the luckier I get" - Gary Player

R1, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
RBZ, 14.5, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
R11 17 & 22 Rescues, Motore F3 S flex
Rocketbladez Tour irons, 5 - PW,
ATV 50,54,Tour preferred 58 wedges
Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Sorry, +50? :mellow:

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

News Flash - I'm sorry but if youre a human being your swing will always be changing. For the rest of your golfing life i predict! On your theory you'll never get fit as long as you play the game. Or do you have a certain level of consitencey / performance bookmarked for your swing before you deem it to be ready for fitting clubs to? Even the best players in the world who's swings may look the same from one year to the next are constantly making changes, however small. Their specs will alter. slightly. Jayhawker, I'm only offering my advice here but in my opinion waiting until our swing settles down or until you've finished making changes isn't the right thing to do.

Get fitted for the swing you have today. Start hitting better shots today! Unless you're on some kind of full time coaching program where you're changing tons of things in your swing and beating thousands of balls a day to make the alterations stick, it's just not going to change your specifications that much, that quickly.

It's one of the biggest excuses I used to hear from students. "Oh I'll get custom fit once I've fixed my swing, I don't want equipment fitted to this swing, it'll be different soon." I'm sorry but much like the fat chick who has a special dress she's slimming down to fit into. Guess what, most of those dresses never see the light of day.

The game's difficult enough as it is. Why use equipment that might not suit you whilst you're trying to make changes to get better. I have no idea what equipment you currently use. I have no idea whether its close to suiting your game or absolutely hurting you every time you make a swing. The point is you may as well have the correct tools in your hand today. Why save them for this mystical time in the future where your swing will be better and more consistent and easier to fit!?

In my experience, if you get fitted today it'll help. If you wait, you'll never know if it could have helped.

Good luck with the swing changes. I'm not beating on you personally, it's just a bug bear of mine when I hear that line about waiting until your swings 'fixed'. It's never fixed. It's always a work in progress.

For the record, I'm a TaylorMade staff player too. My opinion on the new R1 / RBZ stage II...?

If they out perform the driver you are currently using, buy one. If they don't, don't. I really struggle to understand the all the fuss and commotion about how a new club looks. Who cares how it looks if it hits more fairways / leaves you one less club to the green? Remember all the doubters when the R11 came out with a white head!? Nobody forsaw what would follow. Imagine if there were golf forums around like this when Ping first released their irons.

I am yet to get either club in my hand. I'll try them and see which one I hit best and if its better than what is currently in the bag I'll game it. But a lot of that will be down to me getting the spec right and getting fitted properly by one of our excellent technicians. The shaft is a huge part of that so I'll have to try it with several different shaft options on a variety of different settings.

Oh and guess what. My swing is changing too. But I can't afford to wait until its finished, I need to play as good as I can as soon as I can!

Nick :-)

I agree with what you said, I guess there is some missed information. Being a junior golfer, I am still growing, and my swing changes at a much more rapid pace than your average golfer. I also do not have the money to drop on a fitting multiple times and pay for the items suggested by these fittings. In other words, when I am done growing is the time that I will be getting a swing fitting, as I do not want to go and get a swing fitting then buy new clubs every month.

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

I agree with what you said, I guess there is some missed information. Being a junior golfer, I am still growing, and my swing changes at a much more rapid pace than your average golfer. I also do not have the money to drop on a fitting multiple times and pay for the items suggested by these fittings. In other words, when I am done growing is the time that I will be getting a swing fitting, as I do not want to go and get a swing fitting then buy new clubs every month.

:D A junior? Ahhhh, now in that case.....

I understand.

As you say. Your body will still be changing and until you stop growing a fitting will only match your swing at this moment. However...

As soon as you can afford to, I'd still get fit. Shafts can be changed. Lie angles can be altered etc etc. you don't necessarily have to replace everything in your bag if you wake up a couple of mm taller one morning.

Years ago, most kids used to grow up playing with completely the wrong equipment and at an early age it can have a real effect on technique. Think John Daly and his massive over swing which he put down to using adults clubs that were too heavy.. Think Dads stiff shafted driver chopped down 6 inches so it was the "right" length etc. Equipment is much more available now for juniors, lighter, more flexible and it makes the game a damn sight more enjoyable for them.

I'm guessing you're not quite that young though to be using rainbow coloured junior kit. I understand the investment issue and your desire to 'get it right'. Good for you! Just don't leave it too long hey. Maybe get entering all these fabulous competitions that hold on here and win yourself some customized clubs instead!

Good luck with your golf.

Nick

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Normally people put +1 if they agree with a post. I agree with what you wrote a lot. :)

;) Thanks Matt.

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Sticking this here since I'm hoping you'll see it Pughdog. Still running the blog about life on tour? Linky?

I found it a fascinating read before my computer blew up and ate my bookmarks.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Sticking this here since I'm hoping you'll see it Pughdog. Still running the blog about life on tour? Linky?

I found it a fascinating read before my computer blew up and ate my bookmarks.

I'm afraid I let it slide mid way through last season. Mainly due to finding it a distraction whilst out on the course :blink: I was walking up the fairway thinking what I'd write about instead of thinking about how to play my next shot!!

I'm thinking about starting it up again for 2013..... I'm off to Q School again in a couple of weeks.

It'll be www.pughdog.com if it resurfaces.

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Archived