Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Anyone have/use the colored Ping balls?

Jballmn

• SPY VIP

Some of these are worth big money, so be careful before you use them if they are in good condition. I sold two balls for $125 last Fall.

Black, gold and two tones without white are the most sought after...

That being said I have a white/red and a white/yellow that I use on occasion with the putter. I did use them as a putting practice tool, lining the color seam at the hole like a line. Once I went away from lining putts up like that, I stopped using the Pings.

The look cool when they roll though. ;)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

What he said. If you find some in a garage sale, then hang onto them. And for god sakes, don't game them.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Some of these are worth big money, so be careful before you use them if they are in good condition. I sold two balls for $125 last Fall.

Black, gold and two tones without white are the most sought after...

That being said I have a white/red and a white/yellow that I use on occasion with the putter. I did use them as a putting practice tool, lining the color seam at the hole like a line. Once I went away from lining putts up like that, I stopped using the Pings.

The look cool when they roll though. :)

Yeah, I knew that some were worth BIG money...not sure what ones I have, I'll have to check it out

I just saw one online the other day and remembered I had some...Think that they're great for putting practice, but am curious as to how they 'feel'. They aint not Pro V!

Hmmmm....Wonder if people would buy a two colored Pro V? I know I would!!

• SPY VIP

I have found all of mine at garage sales and thrift stores. Check the pockets in the bags they are selling. If you find one, offering a dollar for it is usually enough. Finding unused ones in packaging is on my list of Holy Grail finds.

Volvo Intorqueo

I have a dark blue / red ball - pretty much mint condition.

Mine has a silver victory cup with Solheim Cup superimposed over it.

Below it says -

USA - Europe

Lake Nona Golf Club

Printed on the seam - an "eye" on one side / karsten on the other side

Never have been able to find a value on it - Found mine in a garage sale also I think.

rob

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

Never have been able to find a value on it - Found mine in a garage sale also I think.

WOW Rob, sounds like a Great find!! I'm sure it's gotta be worth a pretty penny! :blink:

Maybe I should be scouring garage sales.....

• SPY VIP

I have a dark blue / red ball - pretty much mint condition.

Mine has a silver victory cup with Solheim Cup superimposed over it.

Below it says -

USA - Europe

Lake Nona Golf Club

Printed on the seam - an "eye" on one side / karsten on the other side

rob

Dark blue and red is a good ball

logo may help or hurt

Likely $30

Here are the ones on the bay. http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=ping+ball+red+blue&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I have a red/white with a Michael Jordan event on it and i think that helps the value

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

These are really worth money! Crap, I think I used some last year and lost them. :angry:

That's what I get for hitting them into the woods with a baseball bat...

That would be a woops! moment for sure :(

Volvo Intorqueo

I used to collect Ping colored balls, some are worth up to $250 too collectors, most fall in the $5 - 10 range. I sold my collection for a little over $2000, 54 balls.

They are traded/sold hot an heavy on ebay. If you buy be very careful, some are fake. Generally, collectors don't want logos, also many of the two tones with Michael Jordan on them are not produced by Ping. Red/blue, solid orange, orange/blue/white are very common.

As far as playability they are old technology and don't play well, and didn't when they were new either. The two tones are good for putting practice though.

I have found all of mine at garage sales and thrift stores. Check the pockets in the bags they are selling. If you find one, offering a dollar for it is usually enough. Finding unused ones in packaging is on my list of Holy Grail finds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PING-EYE-2-GOLF-BALL-SLEEVE-KARSTEN-MINT-IN-BOX-L-K_W0QQitemZ390176037090QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad84dd8e2

Archived