hbaker

G'day from Down Under!

G'day… I'm a new member on the forum and just wanted to lose my posting virginity!

I'm a ‘social' golfer from Australia but have been working hard so haven't had much time for golfing but am keen to get some rounds in over the Christmas/New Year break :-)

Looking forward to having a good read and getting some info on some international courses and events so let me know if you have any forum use recommendations or cool topics/posts I can check out.

To lower handicaps, and beyond!

Well hello there hbaker, welcome from New Zealand (we are making a slow takeover of the forums). Its a great time of year to be downunder, though we should refrain from making everyone else too jealous with the weather down here lol.

There's a bunch of great threads, but the thing that makes this a great place are the people, and that there's a bunch of people contributing by starting their own threads either to share their knowledge, or to ask for advice. Feel free to join us on the patio as well ('Distinguished Gentlemen' thread).

Welcome again, and I look forward to hearing how you get on over summer. If you're ever over the ditch, let me know as well and we'll get out for a round.

The Best

Brad

Welcome HBaker.

In spite of what Brad from New Zealand says you people on the other side of the world are not taking over the site, but you are certainly welcomed to join in the fun with us. We do not have much adult supervision here so enjoy.

You, Australians, are on my list of bad people right now. We went to Outback Steakhouse on Monday for lunch, drove 20 miles, spent an hour in a traffic jam, and then when we got there we found out that they did not open until 4 pm on Mondays. Outback Steakhouse may be no more Australian than the Paris Texas Pancake House in London is from Paris, Texas. We had a delicious Mexican lunch instead. Apparently, Australians do not eat lunch on Mondays.:lol:

G'day from NE Ohio. It's this time of year when I really wonder marrying my wife and moving from Sydney was the best idea in the world! :lol: