TESTERS WANTED! ×

SWING PROFILE- Official Forum Reviews

fsav

"UNBOXING".....FREE PROMO CODE APP UNVEALING

First impression upon accessing this App. Last night I took to the I pad just to get a feel for the App as i will be putting some of my high school players through the test this weekend...Had to con them with breakfast and a ride to and from the course to get them there in 40* at 9AM on a Saturday....but they are 17 and that is more than i would've done for my coach at their age...GREAT KIDS!!!!

Sorry for the detour but I have to give them their props.... ;)

The PROMO CODE worked great and the instructions to add the APP were very easy. Download time took about 1 minute (or just enough time for my 1 and half year old to wreck the joint while I wasn't paying too much attention).

The App seems pretty easy to use and there are some preloaded "pro" swings. The pros are local pros I am assuming and personally it would've been nice to have a couple PGA Pros (assuming there may be some legal issues here possibly) on there to start but since you can use this on you TV (there is a Video in the Info section) it shouldn't be that hard. Unless we are in the off season which we are...BUT...I have some tourneys DVR'd so I will use them.

The Auto lines show your "Plane line" angle at setup (great feature) and you can add up to 4 people side by side for comparison but the viewing is a little bit tough the more you add.

You can pan the swing frame by frame but the "Freeze Frame" sequence is setup, half way back, top, halfway down, contact, and follow through. Loving that you can draw on this and it gives degree of angle (if you are into that minutia) this App seems to have everything a Teacher/Student/Lunatic Golfer :blink: would need.

Obviously the use of this, especially with the I pad, takes the assistance of another person or for you to buy some kind of stand (hence the need to make the 17 year olds wake up on a Saturday to help out "COACH") :D

Sorry no Pics yet but I will keep you updated. I wanted to get this started since I will not be on links for a while after this week.

TO BE CONTINUED!!!!!

IMG_0657 (Small).jpg

Ease of Use/Setup

Right off the bat mother nature didn't want to cooperate and we had to do this in whatever grass wasn't frozen as there was a frost delay. I had to add this as it shows we didn't need to actually hit balls to get this done.

The Swing Profile Pro App, as stated before, took minutes to setup. There are easy to follow instructions and videos just in case you want to use them. The man in me, like stopping to ask for directions when lost, wanted to go about it alone. After a few snaps and trying to get this thing working out in the real world I did realize that the eventual need for a mount or stand may be needed. Steady hand and exact setup are a must to keep the focus and to get the optimal view angle for the “Auto Angle” available in the App. See pics of DLIII. The App says it only picks up the swing motion but this pic shows it does grab some extras.

loveIII (Small).JPG

And I had to get the best player in the world right now playing on any tour…this worked out a little better after I tried multiple times trying to grab things off the TV. Steady hand definitely needed here and there was numerous times, even when the App was green and said “READY” that the picture didn't get caught. I do want to call Charl and ask him how one hits the ball terrible, shoots -25, and laps the field by 11 shots (thailand). Only to follow that with a -24 and win by 12 the next week. Apparently he was happier with his ball striking this past weekend but Thailand just "Fit his Eye" WHAT??.....OH TO BE THAT GOOD

Charl (Small).JPG

Score: 8/10

Effectiveness

For the average teacher on the go or PGA member running a course and scheduling lessons the ease of use and ability to have this at your finger tips right on the range adds something of value without the crazy costs of TV monitors, PC applications purchases, cameras and such. I am just going based on my teacher's setup and probably compared to his costs; The I pad (with the assumption everyone has something of the like now) or an I phone for that matter and the app purchase at the holiday rate of $39.99 (I phone $19.99) this fits the spectrum. Again a steady hand or the mount would help more for setup purposes too.

The thing I really enjoyed was being able to evaluate on the spot or go sit down in the pro shop (frost delay for 2 hours) and shows the kids where things should/shouldn't be and they understood it. I also had the GM come up to me and look over my shoulder as I was doing the analysis his quote “ That's pretty cool if I have the time to go back into teaching this I something I definitely might use”. I said “assuming you have one of the devices it's worth the $40 bucks now”. So swing profile your free app advertising already paid for itself ;)

IMG_0659 (Small).jpg

There is also a quick and easy share option where you can tweet, Facebook, or Email the photos and the slow motion (MP4 needs real player) video to the person being videoed. This option was great for me as one of the kids is going through a minor swing change on the back swing and even though he has been working hard already his old take away was evident. I sent the video and photos to him so he can work onthe differneces infront of a mirror at home.

IMG_0663.jpg

Noonan (Small).JPG

Score: 29/30

Longevity

We all love to see how long the gadgets will hold up against time. This is the essence of our hard earned money's return on purchase. I don't see the IPAD or IPHONE going anywhere any time soon so that is a plus but since we are in the ever changing world of Apps and electronics I am not sure the life expectancy will be more than 6 months to a year before something is updated. The good thing about the Apps….if Swing profile keeps up with the test of time the changes it makes to the App will follow you. All in all can't beat it for $40 ($60) normal price

IMG_0660 (Small).jpg

Score: 18/20

Value:

Even at the $60 (IPAD) and $30 (IPHONE) regular rates, again assuming everyone has one of these devices, the price point is higher than the insta pro golf swing analyzer ($19.99) and the V1 pro ($4.99) but there seem to be some more intricate parts to the swing profile app. The ability to only capture the swing (some minor difficulties working on the TV), auto angle which picks up the angle of address (need to be in the correct position when filming) to mention a few. These options, while taking a bit to adapt, look to outweigh the competition.

Score: 19.5/20

The Peanut Gallery

Even though I am reviewing this myself I did have the PGA pro from the First Tee of Philadelphia and the GM stop by to see what was going on as I was reviewing with the students. It seemed that the feedback, even at the professional level, was warm all around. The kids were able to get their swing right then and there, it kept them interested, and we actually went back out for a range session once the frost subsided.

Just in case anyone wants to know I was in the PGA program as an apprentice and do have some validity to my coaching/swing analysis aspects. Just happened that it didn't work out, for me, in the cold weather states and I decided to follow my degree in Accounting.

IMG_0648 (Small).jpg

Score: 20/20

Total Score: 94.5/100

Watney (Small).JPG

Our Wall Decals are fun, simple to set up and compared to other structure completing and structure furnishings solutions, quite inexpensive. Talk about getting maximum visible impact in a very affordable manner! The best part of all is that you can set up them yourself; in fact, your children can do their own area too! It's just that simple, fast and decorative!! Wall Decals Quotes are a great solution to create a unique environment that meets your lifestyle.

Yes, because everyone who wants to read a review of a golf app is interested in wall decals.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Rain has destroyed my hopes of getting this out for the first test today :( And all the Christmas decorations are piled all over my hitting area... unfortunately :(

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Very well written fsav. I haven't looked into the app at all, but the auto start feature seems very cool.

Is there a way to draw lines/circles in a video? That would seem to be a big missing piece.

Hey WD,

Sorry yes there is a way to draw the only thing I don't like about this part now that you mention it is the thin single yellow line it creates. something like an auto circle like in excel would be nice. the line does draw pretty easy though. there is an eraser as well.

you can also toggle and make a righty lefty...not sure why you want this?

The video gives the option to play at normal,half and 1/3 the speed.

you can also play a continued loop just in case you are in love with your swing. Charl may want the current swing playing day and night in his house...THING OF BEAUTY

Well done fsav. Excellent review & write-up.

Thanx for posting.

The Best

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Thanks RP,

a little addition to my above. the shotty photos are from my "outdated" I phone 3 AHAHAHAH I told you with electronics things go quick:) the clear phottos are the emails sent via the APP....VERRY CLEAR!!!!!!!

Hey WD,

Sorry yes there is a way to draw the only thing I don't like about this part now that you mention it is the thin single yellow line it creates. something like an auto circle like in excel would be nice. the line does draw pretty easy though. there is an eraser as well.

you can also toggle and make a righty lefty...not sure why you want this?

The video gives the option to play at normal,half and 1/3 the speed.

you can also play a continued loop just in case you are in love with your swing. Charl may want the current swing playing day and night in his house...THING OF BEAUTY

I think the flip feature is a great one. If one is a righty and wants to learn Bubba's swing exactly, film it and flip it. If an instructor is trying to demonstrate something to a golfer of the opposite dexterity, flip it. If you want to compare two golfers of the opposite dexterity flip one to get a better comparison.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

I think the flip feature is a great one. If one is a righty and wants to learn Bubba's swing exactly, film it and flip it. If an instructor is trying to demonstrate something to a golfer of the opposite dexterity, flip it. If you want to compare two golfers of the opposite dexterity flip one to get a better comparison.

Great point Ice man!!!!!!!!! thanks for correcting my thinking!

Excellent review.

I think the price point is nuts though! I have the $5 V1 app....I can't imagine this one has $55 worth of improvements does it?

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Excellent review.

I think the price point is nuts though! I have the $5 V1 app....I can't imagine this one has $55 worth of improvements does it?

Hey BK,

Thanks for the feedback!

I am quite new to these parts but have ventured out to ge thte swingsmart to reduce the costs of lessons with my pro (we have been working on minor stuff tha I can see on the swing smart). this app will put the real live picture with the data. so this coming in for review was quite nice and offset my cost of the snwing smart (BDAY PRESENT CHA CHING!!)

On a real note .... I didn't do much intel on the other devices on the market and intend to do this over the holiday break. I did read that there are some cheaper Apps but it did seem the functions of swingprofile far outweigh the other apps. (picture by picture, slwo motion video, auto angles for setup, etc) The one thing I liked/didn't like about V1 is the accessibility to conect the V1 Apps with the V1 application (liked) on the PC (which is thousands of dollars) hence the part I didn't like.

My teacher has the V1 PC model with Flightscope and every other gadet/monitor known to man but he has the "dough" rei Me for it;)

Anyone tried the app from Ubersense? Free is a reasonable price.

Seems to me you're on here to advertise your app. I wouldn't mind giving it a try when I get back to my clubs next year.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Nice write up.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Archived