revkev

Mizuno numbering

Our Sponsors

Here is a visual representation for those that like that sort of thing. It's from Mizzy Europe so there might be a few numbers missing or different than the US versions, but most are accounted for. Sadly it stops at 2011 so doesn't have the current stuff.

Mizzy Timeline

The problem with this is that it not really correct in that the MP62 is not a descendent of the MP60, the MP57 comes from them.

I have a spreadsheet that I did but does anyone know how to up load a spreadsheet or a ,pdf ?

Great thread, although I'm not sure I understand the logic behind the numbering progression any better than I did before!

Having recently switched to the MP-58's, I have to say that the feel is so much better than my Cleveland CGs!

Great thread, although I'm not sure I understand the logic behind the numbering progression any better than I did before!

Having recently switched to the MP-58's, I have to say that the feel is so much better than my Cleveland CGs!

I do not think that anyone at Mizuno thought about having a numbering system that anyone else could understand until 2007. It appears to me that they followed no logical system until 2008 and they had to rename the MP60 to MP57 in order for this system to work. Unfortunately, they have simply used up their numbers now and are going to have to change from the pseudo system they have had since 2008.

The problem with this is that it not really correct in that the MP62 is not a descendent of the MP60, the MP57 comes from them.

I have a spreadsheet that I did but does anyone know how to up load a spreadsheet or a ,pdf ?

Attach the same way as a picture. A spreadsheet file itself probably isn't the way to go. But a PDF like you said would work like a pic.

Attach the same way as a picture. A spreadsheet file itself probably isn't the way to go. But a PDF like you said would work like a pic.

I tried that and it would not do it as a PDF.

You can't. You have to load the table as HTML. Email me the spreadsheet and I'll convert it for you if you want (PM me if you need my email address).

I tried that and it would not do it as a PDF.

Don't know then. You got me wondering now. Do you have a way to save it as a jpg or tif image?

You can't. You have to load the table as HTML. Email me the spreadsheet and I'll convert it for you if you want (PM me if you need my email address).

I was thinking it would treat a pdf the same as an image file.

I was thinking it would treat a pdf the same as an image file.

You could always save the pdf as an image and post it, but you can't copy n paste the fields.

Maybe jump everything up ten now? The next MP59 becomes the MP70 and the next 64s/69s become MP80 and MP85?

Wd has agreed to provide the proper adult supervision required to get the spreadsheet posted. Thanks by the way.

While working on this I found it interesting how Mizuno has evolved the technology over the years.

What started out as basically one iron, became 2 by changing the offset and sole grinds. And then by moving weight around the created the cut muscle, then 3D muscle and now claim a 4D muscle. And this is just the blade. In the Player's Cavity Back style they have added two or three different technologies to make the current irons, all the while keeping them looking very traditional.

<!--table

{mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\.";

mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\,";}

@page

{margin:.75in .7in .75in .7in;

mso-header-margin:.3in;

mso-footer-margin:.3in;

mso-page-orientation:landscape;}

.style17

{background:#4F81BD;

mso-pattern:black none;

color:white;

font-size:11.0pt;

font-weight:400;

font-style:normal;

text-decoration:none;

font-family:Calibri, sans-serif;

mso-font-charset:0;

mso-style-name:Accent1;

mso-style-id:29;}

.style0

{mso-number-format:General;

text-align:general;

vertical-align:bottom;

white-space:nowrap;

mso-rotate:0;

mso-background-source:auto;

mso-pattern:auto;

color:black;

border:none;

mso-protection:locked visible;

mso-style-name:Normal;

mso-style-id:0;}

.style16

{background:#F2F2F2;

mso-pattern:black none;

color:#3F3F3F;

font-weight:700;

border:.5pt solid #3F3F3F;

mso-style-name:Output;

mso-style-id:21;}

td

{mso-style-parent:style0;

padding-top:1px;

padding-right:1px;

padding-left:1px;

mso-ignore:padding;

color:black;

mso-number-format:General;

text-align:general;

vertical-align:bottom;

border:none;

mso-background-source:auto;

mso-pattern:auto;

mso-protection:locked visible;

white-space:nowrap;

mso-rotate:0;}

.xl65

{mso-style-parent:style16;

text-align:center;

background:#F2F2F2;

mso-pattern:black none;}

.xl66

{mso-style-parent:style16;

background:#F2F2F2;

.xl67

{mso-style-parent:style17;

color:white;

text-align:center;

border:2.0pt double #3F3F3F;

background:#4F81BD;

-->

Year Muscle Cut Muscle Dual Players Cut Muscle

style="mso-spacerun:yes"> 

Ti Muscle Pocket Hollow Body
  Blade Blade Blade Cavity Cavity Cavity Cavity Cavity
1988 MP7              
1990 MP9 & MP11              
1992 MP14 & MP29              
1996 "     MP19        
2000 MP33 & MP29     "        
2001 "     "        
2002 "     "        
2003 "     MP30        
2004 MP33 & MP37     "        
2005 "     "        
2006 " MP32   --> MP60      
2007 " "     "      
2008 MP67 (Cut) "     MP57     MP FLI HI
2009 " --> MP62   "   MP52 "
2010 MP68 (3D)   "   --> MP58 " MP FLI HI DLR
2011 "   "     " " "
2012 MP69 (4D)   MP63     MP59 MP53 "
2013 "   MP64     " --> MP H4

That was actually a LOT easier than I thought it would be:

1. Open spreadsheet in excel

2. Click File->Save as Webpage

3. In MGS Form, add reply, selecting "Use full editor"

4. Copy and paste the contents of the .htm file you got from Excel

5. Click "Click to configure post options"

6. Turn on HTML

7. Post

8. Profit

That was actually a LOT easier than I though it would be:

1. Open spreadsheet in excel

2. Click File->Save as Webpage

3. In MGS Form, add reply, selecting "Use full editor"

4. Copy and paste the contents of the .htm file you got from Excel

5. Click "Click to configure post options"

6. Turn on HTML

7. Post

8. Profit

I did not know to do step 5 and 6. It does not work without those.

Dude, first le me say that you are one of a handful of guys that when I'm healthy, I would fly over to see & play with. Rick, is another.

That being said, and I was gonna post this off of Rick's comment that you replied to, then I saw your responce. LOL

Please take this as us sitting around havin beers & you two are discussing this, and me being the fairly shallow thinker when it comes to what knowledge that I want to pile in my extremely limited memory bank, especially pertaining to the numerical & genetic lineage of a frickin iron series(And an iron series & company that I absolutely love :wub:), and I'm sittin there dyin & basically bein an *sshole :rolleyes: ..LOL

Conversions? Spread sheets? Tables? HTML? Bros, these are frickin golf clubs.. :lol: LMAO.. Now I understand that one of you is an engineer & the other an IT whiz, but again, they're frickin golf clubs!!..LMAO

I mean, I've got a list of ALL of the Mizzy iron releases, but like I said, there's only a little more than a handful that are irons that really stand out, and probably 3-4 that I would say are "iconic."

Again, I mean no malice, but Conversions? Spread sheets? Tables? HTML? And WD, if this is going to affect you posting my pictures, I didn't mean a thing and I'll erase the whole post and say "thanks for doin this guys, this is really gonna be helpful when I discuss Mizzy with the guys."

Just say the word Bro :P

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

The problem with us engineers (regardless of type), is we like numbers and charts. They make sense and are fun to use to explain things. Remember those nerdy guys in high school? Yeah, we haven't changed, lol.

I'll tell you what - I love that spreadsheet - only an engineer right - my Dad, his Dad, my Mom's Dad, my son and then it skips me - don't know whether to thank God or curse Him. B)

Seriously the spreadsheet is awesome.

I hope that it is as obvious to you all as it is to me that the MP62 and subsequent MP63 and 64 is a variation of the MP32 more than the MP60. Likewise, the MP52 and MP53 are spawned from the MP30 then 60 then 57.

The other problem with this is that it doesn't accurately or comprhensively account for the beginning of the TP-9 Originals introduction which I replaced my Staff Fg 17s with in '86. I believe that the 9Originals were introduced in '85, though it mighta at the end of the year so they were for '86 season.

HaHa, that was a long time ago ;-)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

On the contrary, Richard, the Mizzy Timeline that Hckymeyer posted does "accurately and comprehensively account for the beginning of the TP9 originals." My chart that I made does not reference the original TP line at all. The reason I did not is because the purpose of the chart is to juxtapose the MP line and it gives the years simply as a reference point. Which answers Revkev original question.

As far as the MP9 being listed as the first, well, I am not so sure, other than knowing that the MP9 and MS9 were the same specs. The MP14 and MP29 are also not listed on the Mizzy Timeline chart. I found else where that the MP14 and MP29 were given more modern lofts and became the MP33 and the MP37, respectively.

Also, what is actually wrong with this chart that WD so graciously posted for me, is that the one I sent him to post was the wrong one. This was an earlier version. And the newer one had minor things like arrows, and the first dates were different, and there was a slight difference the the column labels. Since I deemed these initially as trivial differences and did not see my mistake until after he had posted it, I did not want to trouble him to change it. It sill accomplishes it desired task. It does, in fact, list the differences between the different MP irons.

Cool stuff Richard, but just to quickly correct one point. Rick did all the work putting that chart together, I was merely the middle man, so he deserves all the credit. Also, I think I posted an earlier version of his by accident and he's made some corrections.

Could you convert your list into a color coded excel spreadsheet please? ;)