Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Checking in from Western Washington

Just checking in from Western Washington, it is raining again or still depending on how you look at it! I have been playing for all my life but recently changed from left handed to right handed (this past May 2012). It has taken all of the summer and most of the fall to get my swing close to where I want it to be. I was picked this fall for the Titlist Research and Development team and was send a sleeve of prototype balls. Well that was a fun project! And I can't wait to get my hands on these new Titlist Golf Balls when they are in production. I play a round every week and am at the driving range two days a week. I am looking forward to playing in the sun again soon!

It is never raining too hard to play golf!

Welcome! Send some moisture to NM! We got a drought going on here for the Pete of sake!

Every so often I'll practice left handed for the heck of it. I even keep a left handed wedge around. I can do it. But there's no way I would consider switching! I don't think it would ever feel "right ". Ha ha! :lol:

Join in wherever here. You'll have to tell us why you decided to switch and what it took.

Welcome enjoy the site.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Welcome to the forum Rebel.

I also got the new Titleist Ball, it is pretty awesome. I was in the two years ago and it was the Velocity ball, but it just said Test on it. There were things I did not like about it, but this new ball takes what I like about the Velocity and combines it with the older ProV1x. I was very impressed with it.

I do agree with Blade. Send some rain to us. We need it. They are having to mow the water hazards on the course.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Welcome to the forum Rebel.

I also got the new Titleist Ball, it is pretty awesome. I was in the two years ago and it was the Velocity ball, but it just said Test on it. There were things I did not like about it, but this new ball takes what I like about the Velocity and combines it with the older ProV1x. I was very impressed with it.

I do agree with Blade. Send some rain to us. We need it. They are having to mow the water hazards on the course.

Which ball did you get? Red or Black? I got Black.

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have ya! Hope that ya enjoy your time here. A lot of great guys/gals.

You obviously are an athlete cuz most can't play the game with their dominant side, much less switch after years of doing so.

The Best to ya and have a Blessed Holiday Season

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

I played Baseball, Soccer and Golf since I was a kid and the injuries just caught up with me. The pain was unrelenting playing golf left handed the last few years and I was in my local golf shop and the pro had me try hitting right handed. He handed me a hybrid #4 and I hit the ball 176 yards and straight on the first swing and most importantly pain free! I have had three lesson sessions this summer working on changing over to right handed. Since then I have scored one “Eagle” and a no putt “Birdie” and par a few holes each round.

I played Baseball, Soccer and Golf since I was a kid and the injuries just caught up with me. The pain was unrelenting playing golf left handed the last few years and I was in my local golf shop and the pro had me try hitting right handed. He handed me a hybrid #4 and I hit the ball 176 yards and straight on the first swing and most importantly pain free! I have had three lesson sessions this summer working on changing over to right handed. Since then I have scored one “Eagle” and a no putt “Birdie” and par a few holes each round.

Wow! That's impressive! Not sure I could pull that off. Glad it's working to let you play without pain. That's great!

Which ball did you get? Red or Black? I got Black.

I think it was the red but I will have to go look at it and it is at the club. I will get back to you this evening. I am planning on playing with it for a few holes this morning before we actually play our regular round.

Last year, due to back issues, my left leg became numb and I had trouble shifting the weight to it and it still supporting me. I considered switching to left handed and even bought a Nike VR Pro Hybrid in left handed, it was cheap. Setting up was sort of difficult, because everything felt backwards. However, since I knew how to make the proper swing, I just did not have any bad habits to break and swinging lefty was not going to be as difficult as I originally thought. However, I found that by flaring my left foot I found the stability I needed, and by swinging slower with the body and faster with the hands, I created more swing speed anyway. It was much easier to flare the foot, not to mention cheaper.

Welcome!!!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Archived