TESTERS WANTED! ×

This site may harm your computer

GolfSpy WD

EDIT: X has resolved the issue:

Hey Guys,

Worked on figuring this issue out this weekend with Google. Looks like it was nothing more than an error in how Google reports what they consider a "dangerous" method. I had both Google and my Webmaster look into this and both found that there was no malware on the site.

It was actually an issue with a Facebook plugin or what our forum calls a "hook". It actually causes no issues with computers but once again was an error report on Google's behalf.

This has been removed just for the fact that it will now allow Google not show that the site has "malware" on it when someone does a search through a search engine.

But I will say this again just so you are aware and not worried about the site causing issues with your computer(s). There was no malware found by Google and now they have taken that message down.

I apologize for this error message and just want you to know there is no reason to be worried about visiting the forum.

X

Original comment:

I did a google search for "will nike make covert adapters available"

https://www.google.com/search?q=will+nike+make+covert+adapters+available&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

This came up:

harmful.jpg

And here I was thinking Richard had gone postal over the Mizzy numbering thread and was going to attack me.:lol:

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

One way or another, it's Richard's fault! I bet he dragged his task bar to the side instead of leaving on the bottom where it belongs or something. :lol: We all know how that can disrupt the delicate balance of the whole site and start throwing up red flags in everyone's browsers! He he. :D

One way or another, it's Richard's fault! I bet he dragged his task bar to the side instead of leaving on the bottom where it belongs or something. :lol: We all know how that can disrupt the delicate balance of the whole site and start throwing up red flags in everyone's browsers! He he. :D

Yep that'll do it.

My god. Ya don't think Richard tried to make a spreadsheet do ya?

That might cause the market to crash.

LOL...Firefox gave me the big old WARNING page this morning. My computer is supposed to melt.

Anyway...I DO wanna know how Richard did it :P :P

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Same warning on my computer through Firefox browser.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I got the warning too. No way I'm ignoring that type of warning. I won't be accessing this site on my Windows computer until I know site admins have taken action. I'm typing this from my iPad. All jokes aside, I hope this is resolved soon.

If you are on this site and your computer starts locking up, slowing down, or you can't find the cursor, that's a big clue something bad is happening. Shut down or get off the site as soon as you can, then run a virus scan on your computer.

I got the warning too. No way I'm ignoring that type of warning. I won't be accessing this site on my Windows computer until I know site admins have taken action. I'm typing this from my iPad. All jokes aside, I hope this is resolved soon.

If you are on this site and your computer starts locking up, slowing down, or you can't find the cursor, that's a big clue something bad is happening. Shut down or get off the site as soon as you can, then run a virus scan on your computer.

I run NoScript for Firefox. I don't see any additional scripts running besides the normal ones. I'm thinking this is a false positive.

This is what I got using Chrome. I'm using my laptop instead of my primary PC to see if I get any malware. Hope this gets resolved soon though, definitely not a good thing to have pop up, especially for new visitors!

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for forum.mygolfspy.com

What is the current listing status for forum.mygolfspy.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 24 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 168 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 67 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-15, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-15.

Malicious software is hosted on 13 domain(s), including oyziyzd.justdied.com/, agogh.justdied.com/, xbylvnars.justdied.com/.

5 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including xbylvnars.justdied.com/, agogh.justdied.com/, esythqq.justdied.com/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS36351 (SOFTLAYER), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, forum.mygolfspy.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but I do think it is best to be cautious in these situations. My IT background makes me that way.

Probably no reason to be concerned if you run a newer OS, always apply Windows updates, run a virus program, and use Firefox with NoScript or Chrome as your browser.

• SPY VIP

Actually 3 weeks ago Nidine's work computer had to be reformatted after visiting MGS. Didn't think anything about it at the time in one of those couldn't have been MGS moments, but it all makes sense now.

She's showing me the page that popped up and it freezes your entire computer. Gives a fake government warning page looking all official and says you need to pay $100 to unlock. I actually think something serious might really be going on.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I got this message twice and then went to another site(ebay) and came back and it was gone (using chrome)

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Oh, this is sweet. I spend the day in church(and yea the priest & I consummated the deal. He gave me $300 cash!) and with my GF & her family tryin to become a better person for you all, and I come back and just by mere luck, stumble onto this thread, buried 3/4 of the way down the page in a section that I've been to like twice in the two years I've been comin on here.

What, are ya gonna blame me if somethin happens on the 21st? You guys are nothin but a pack of dogs. Well, at least ya went easy on me when I was in Cleveland ;-).

I know I've got a Chrome icon, though I've never tapped on it & yeah, havin my task bar end up on the side through me for a loop, but Rick put aside our Mizzy squabble(;-)) to get me back to square(or at least the task bar at the bottom).

Well, I will not exchange, defend or be a party to this type of passive-aggressive chicken-sh*t post, so I will leave you all to slander me at your leasiure.

I'm goin back to Danno's thread. Hell, I might even go back to the Mizzy thread. At least Rick doesn't post sh*t in never used sections. LMAO

Later Guys

Fairways & Greens 4ever

That was SO worth it though! :lol: Crap, you had me laughing so hard my eyes were watering.

Ad network compromised

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

THIS! I noted the same thing, though you all blaming me caused me to forget to mention my thoughts on the origin of this mess.

Definitely Ad network compromised.

And if you have any problems with your computer, try reformatting it. That should do the trick ;)

Ya putzes B) !

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Well, I am afraid that it is my fault that perhaps your name came up during all this. I was reading the Mizzy numbering thread and all of a sudden my computer said I was under attack. Which as you know was pretty much how I felt about the Mizzy chart. A few minutes later this thread was started so I made the comment about you attacking me. It was in jest but everybody liked the idea. Well, maybe not you. :lol:

THIS! I noted the same thing, though you all blaming me caused me to forget to mention my thoughts on the origin of this mess.

Definitely Ad network compromised.

And if you have any problems with your computer, try reformatting it. That should do the trick ;)

Ya putzes B) !

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Don't worry Richard. We know it wasn't you. It was way too funny to pass up though! My wife was looking at me sideways wondering what the heck I was laughing so hard at when I read your last response. That was hilarious! "Ya putzes" :lol: I love it! We'll still have to see what happens on the 21st though! <_ jury still out on that one.>

Meanwhile, we're sure glad you're feeling better! We'll all try not to put you back in the hospital. OK? ;)

No Dude, I know :-). But in all seriousness. I clicked on that "30 yds in 30 Days" about an hr ago and this little Norton box popped up in the bottom right hand corner of my screen & all I read was tha Norton's blocked somethin & I accidentally hit the "x" and deleted it.

There were numbers in it. I've never had that happen before with Norton's. if it blocked it I'm ok, right? And like I said, that's never happened me, much less on this sight. I mean that company(30 yds) is legitimate. Can a "bug" or virus get in any banner?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I imagine Norton stopped it. My Firefox gave me a warning yesterday.

I would not click on any banners until this is fixed.

• SPY VIP

Hey Guys,

Worked on figuring this issue out this weekend with Google. Looks like it was nothing more than an error in how Google reports what they consider a "dangerous" method. I had both Google and my Webmaster look into this and both found that there was no malware on the site.

It was actually an issue with a Facebook plugin or what our forum calls a "hook". It actually causes no issues with computers but once again was an error report on Google's behalf.

This has been removed just for the fact that it will now allow Google not show that the site has "malware" on it when someone does a search through a search engine.

But I will say this again just so you are aware and not worried about the site causing issues with your computer(s). There was no malware found by Google and now they have taken that message down.

I apologize for this error message and just want you to know there is no reason to be worried about visiting the forum.

X

#TruthDigest

Do those things affect Macs?

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

FYI......I just got the warning again.

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

I'm not worried at all....I just thought X might wanna know!

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

Archived