Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Golf Course Bucket List

jamo

Here is my golf course bucket list. Pretty extensive, but I can dream, can't I? What's yours?

- TPC Sawgrass- It's always my favorite course to play in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR video games. I want to play #17, and videotape it if possible! I've heard it is pretty easy unless you play it under TOUR conditions.

- Bethpage Black- For 4 years i live about 30 minutes away, but i wasn't good, or old enough, to play. I've driver by dozens of times since, but i've never been able to play. Sometime after college i will sleep in my car in line in the parking lot to get a tee time. Well, maybe i'll rent a car...

- Pinehurst #2- My favorite course in the Greater Boston area is a crappy little muni called George Wright golf course. It's designed by Donald Ross, as is Pinehurst, so i'd love to play his masterpiece.

- Pebble Beach/ Spy Glass Hills- Who wouldn't want to play one of the most expensive public courses in America?

- Riviera Country Club- One of the coolest looking golf courses i see them play on TOUR, i want to play through Hogan's Ally.

- Southern Hills/ Oakland Hills/ Oakmont- All very hard courses, i can never keep them straight. Southern is probably the one i want to play the most.

- TPC Scottsdale- I wonder if they keep the stands up around #16 all year long? I've only played 1 desert course in my life, and TPC seems like a really good one.

- TPC Blue Monster at Doral- It's the Blue Monster, enough said. #18 looks immaculate.

- Harbor Town- Awesome views of the ocean/bay/sea, plus it's a Nicklaus.

- Carnoustie- I want to play the 18th better than Van De Velde, or Paddy, for that matter. (or Sergio)

- St. Andrews- The birthplace of golf, not overly long, the road hole, what's not to love?

- Coeur d'Alene- If you've never heard of it, play Tiger Woods 05, stat. It has a green that you have to take a boat to. Awesome.

- East Lake- Looks like a neat course in TV, and it is really easy in video games, haha.

- The International- One of the most difficult courses in the world, and it is in MA. Not to mention they have a par 6, though it wouldn't be the first i've ever played.

- Augusta National- Bobby Jones's child, Rae's Creek, and laying up to every par 5. It would be an adventurous round, though all of these New England falls might bode well for hitting out of the pine-straw.

-Cypress Point- I've heard that it might be the hardest and best looking course on Monterey Peninsula. But, it's ultra-private

• SPY VIP

While I would like to play all of the famous ones, this is my true bucket course: Del Paso Country Club

http://www.delpasocountryclub.com/

This course is by my house and near the house where I grew up too. I must have driven by this course 600,000 times, always looking in to see the conditions and if anyone is playing.

It is right on the way to my home muni and I always feel a touch bitter when it is empty and I have just survived a 3 hour nine hole round.

I keep hoping to find a member to drag me along to play one day.

It actually motivates me to get better as a player, because I think that somehow, I will eventually play there and I want to put up a good number.

This has always been my Bushwood :angry:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

While I would like to play all of the famous ones, this is my true bucket course: Del Paso Country Club

http://www.delpasocountryclub.com/

This course is by my house and near the house where I grew up too. I must have driven by this course 600,000 times, always looking in to see the conditions and if anyone is playing.

It is right on the way to my home muni and I always feel a touch bitter when it is empty and I have just survived a 3 hour nine hole round.

I keep hoping to find a member to drag me along to play one day.

It actually motivates me to get better as a player, because I think that somehow, I will eventually play there and I want to put up a good number.

This has always been my Bushwood :angry:

I have one that is like this called Rolling Oaks golf course. It is where I basically learned to putt, on the practice green with my dad. It is in Rocky Point, NY, one town over from where I live from ages 4 to 8. I've putted on the practice green and sledded down the first fairway countless times, but I've never played the course.

Here is my golf course bucket list. Pretty extensive, but I can dream, can't I? What's yours?

- TPC Sawgrass- It's always my favorite course to play in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR video games. I want to play #17, and videotape it if possible! I've heard it is pretty easy unless you play it under TOUR conditions.

- Bethpage Black- For 4 years i live about 30 minutes away, but i wasn't good, or old enough, to play. I've driver by dozens of times since, but i've never been able to play. Sometime after college i will sleep in my car in line in the parking lot to get a tee time. Well, maybe i'll rent a car...

- Pinehurst #2- My favorite course in the Greater Boston area is a crappy little muni called George Wright golf course. It's designed by Donald Ross, as is Pinehurst, so i'd love to play his masterpiece.

- Pebble Beach/ Spy Glass Hills- Who wouldn't want to play one of the most expensive public courses in America?

- Riviera Country Club- One of the coolest looking golf courses i see them play on TOUR, i want to play through Hogan's Ally.

- Southern Hills/ Oakland Hills/ Oakmont- All very hard courses, i can never keep them straight. Southern is probably the one i want to play the most.

- TPC Scottsdale- I wonder if they keep the stands up around #16 all year long? I've only played 1 desert course in my life, and TPC seems like a really good one.

- TPC Blue Monster at Doral- It's the Blue Monster, enough said. #18 looks immaculate.

- Harbor Town- Awesome views of the ocean/bay/sea, plus it's a Nicklaus.

- Carnoustie- I want to play the 18th better than Van De Velde, or Paddy, for that matter. (or Sergio)

- St. Andrews- The birthplace of golf, not overly long, the road hole, what's not to love?

- Coeur d'Alene- If you've never heard of it, play Tiger Woods 05, stat. It has a green that you have to take a boat to. Awesome.

- East Lake- Looks like a neat course in TV, and it is really easy in video games, haha.

- The International- One of the most difficult courses in the world, and it is in MA. Not to mention they have a par 6, though it wouldn't be the first i've ever played.

- Augusta National- Bobby Jones's child, Rae's Creek, and laying up to every par 5. It would be an adventurous round, though all of these New England falls might bode well for hitting out of the pine-straw.

-Cypress Point- I've heard that it might be the hardest and best looking course on Monterey Peninsula. But, it's ultra-private

I've got one from your list...

Riviera. What a place. Easily in my lifetime top 5.

My list includes....

Cypress

Augusta National

Sand Hills

Sheep Ranch @ Bandon

St. Andrews Old Course.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

I have one that is like this called Rolling Oaks golf course. It is where I basically learned to putt, on the practice green with my dad. It is in Rocky Point, NY, one town over from where I live from ages 4 to 8. I've putted on the practice green and sledded down the first fairway countless times, but I've never played the course.

See though, I have never even made it past the guard at the gate here... :(

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I've got one from your list...

Riviera. What a place. Easily in my lifetime top 5.

My list includes....

Cypress

Augusta National

Sand Hills

Sheep Ranch @ Bandon

St. Andrews Old Course.

If Riviera was outside your Top 5, I'd want to know what was in it!

I had to Google Sheep Ranch, that's really cool! How do you get on there?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Augusta National

Isleworth

Lake Nona

Cypress Point

Royal Melbourne

Bay Hill

Muirfield

Firestone

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

• 2 months later...

After reading everyone else's my list could increase to about 25!

Augusta

Pebble Beach

St. Andrews

Whistling Straits

Interlachen CC (Minnesota)

Banff Springs

Anywhere in Hawaii

Any Bethpage Course

If Riviera was outside your Top 5, I'd want to know what was in it!

I had to Google Sheep Ranch, that's really cool! How do you get on there?

It took a bit to get back to this thread, but better late than never.

You gotta know somebody to get on Sheep Ranch. Iv'e had my chances, but never been able to get it all dialed in. Ari, Jeff and Jon from Scratch would pull these all day-50 hole marathons out there..... and I never made it down.

Curses.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Augusta (GA)

Pebble Beach (CA)

Turtle Bay (HI)

Broadmoor (CO)

Torrey Pines (CA)

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I see Pine Valley is missing from all your lists - either its been downgraded to a dump or you've all played it already lol unsure.gif

no need to endure that much pain on the golf course. I already know that I suck.....

Where? ;) :lol:

Clementon NJ, right near the railroad tracks lol

no need to endure that much pain on the golf course. I already know that I suck.....

Your all about to hate me more than you realize, but i've been fortunate enough to play the course about a dozen times. Its actually one of the most playable, and fairest courses i've ever played. Demanding but not stupid. If you hit a good shot you have an opportunity to hit a second one. If you messed up your first shot, you need an exceptional one to recover.

Its a pure GOLF club - no country about it - Back before the redesign it was relatively short and for the 20 handicapper it was quite manageable to get it around. Now after the redesign they kept the old tee markers and now built championship tees way far back. Its now taken the course to another level for the tournament player. Its all you got and then some.

I'd put it on anyones bucket list...

Along with -

Seminole GC

Bethpage Black and Red

TPC Sawgrass

Macarther in hobe sound fl

Belfair Plantation

Ford Plantation outside of Savannah

Shadow Creek

Augusta

Royal Melbourne

Teeth of the Dog

Misquamicut

Oakmont

*partial list

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

Here is my bucket list. Although after reading all of theses posts, mine seem rather...mundane.

1.) Augusta

2.) Pebble Beach

3.) St. Andrews

4.) Sawgrass

5.) Whistling Straits

6.) Bandon/Pacific Dunes

7.) Valderrama

8.) The Ocean Course (Kiawah Is.)

9.) The Bridges at Rancho Sante Fe - One of those local courses

I would love to get to play but realize I probably never

will. Ah, so close yet so far.

Driver: ADAMS Pro Speed 10 degree

Three wood: Orlimar Trimetal 12 degree with ProGold shaft

Hybrid: 18 degree Nike CPR

Hybrid: 24 degree Nike CPR

5-GW: ADAMS Pro Black CB1

SW: 56 degree (two dot) Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl

LW: 60 degree (two dot) Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl

Putter: Rossa Classic Daytona (Black)

• 2 months later...

Just saw this topic and had to weigh in.

My top 10 in the US

1. Augusta National

2. Pine Valley

3. Pebble Beach

4. Cypress

5. Pinehurst No.2

6. Winged Foot

7. Whistling Straits

8. Old Macdonald

9. Chambers Bay

10. Pasatiempo

On a side note, I would also like to play Del Paso CC in Sac as I too drive by it almost everyday and have yet to step through the gates.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9.0*/Accra Tour Zx475 75 x stiff
Fairway: Titleist TSi2 13.5*/Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 85 x stiff
Hybrid/ Driving Iron: Titleist U505 3 iron 20*/ Project X Hzrdus RDX Smoke 90 x stiff
Irons: Cobra Forged Tec 4-PW/ KBS C Taper stiff hard stepped once
Wedges: Vokey SM9 50*F/ KBS C Taper x stiff
Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*D/ TT DG s200
Wedges: Vokey Hand Ground 58*T/ TT DG Tour s400
Putter: Scotty Cameron Monterey 35"
Ball: Titleist Pro Pro V1

• 2 months later...

Awesome thread!

1. August National
  2. St. Andrews (The Old Course)
  3. Pebble Beach
  4. Winged Foot
  5. Bandon Dunes
  6. Whistling Straits
  7. Bethpage (Black)
  8. TPC Sawgrass
  9. Colonial (FT. Worth, TX)

Pine Valley was on my list but I got to play it a few weeks ago... It's an incredible place and if you ever have the chance, do not pass it up.

Archived