Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Aldila Voodoo SVS6

Any ever played the Aldila Voodoo SVS6? I just picked up an Adams F11 with the plastic still on for $69 at a local golf warehouse sale and that's the shaft that came with it.

I currently game an Oban Kiyoshi and love it. I was originally thinking I would just pull the shaft right away and put a Grafalloy BiMatrx in it, but I'm curious what kind of spin and ball flight the Voodoo has.

*edited with correct shaft model.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I have the green Voodoo in my Adams hybrid. It is the SNV8. It is much like the old Adillia NV green shafts which is a lower launching penetrating flight. The Voodoo reds that I have hit are higher flying but I do not know what the number is.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Any ever played the Aldila Voodoo S6V6? I just picked up an Adams F11 with the plastic still on for $69 at a local golf warehouse sale and that's the shaft that came with it.

Make it down to Apple Valley? Don't mean to hijack the thread, but do they have much left?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Make it down to Apple Valley? Don't mean to hijack the thread, but do they have much left?

I was there on Wed and they still had some pretty good deals. I wasn't there earlier, but I saw a bunch of stuff that was a great deal. In addition to the F11's they also had a few 9064LS, Long Tom and Cobra Amp drivers, some good deals on last years fairway and hybrids. A few putter I liked, but not a huge selection. Still a fair amount of gloves left, and the shoes were so so. A few models I like, but nothing to write home about.

The best stuff was still in the clothing though. I could have easily spent a few hundred dollars there, but limited myself to one shirt. Lots of Puma, UA, Adidas and Nike stuff left.

I'd love to go back Wed or Thurs for their last days of deals, but not sure if I'll be able to make it down there.

I have the green Voodoo in my Adams hybrid. It is the SNV8. It is much like the old Adillia NV green shafts which is a lower launching penetrating flight. The Voodoo reds that I have hit are higher flying but I do not know what the number is.

I had the model wrong, it's actually the SVS6. I looked on the Aldila website, but the one they have pictured is red and the one on the club is blue. Not sure if that is just graphics or if it makes the shaft behave differently.

According to the fitting guide on Alida's sight it looks to be mid-launch & mid-spin, but not sure how accurate that is.

hckymeyer,

Actually that shaft and website is very accurate. I play the aftermarket svs6 in my driver and it is great. They call it score tech. I call it versatile, I can play many different shots with it. I have compared it to my friends prolaunch blue and it diffidently has a mid flight vs. a higher flight shaft.

The blue color on your svs6 is there special made shaft for Adams. I would just change it out for a real svs6 or go with the oban...

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

I studied this and her is what I have been able to surmise from their site. All the Voodoo shafts use what Aldila calls the S Core technology. This increases the hoop strength of the shaft and in theory transfers the energy better and get more distance. There are different colors and part numbers that come from adding S Core technology to the preexisting shafts.

My shaft, the SNV8 is combination of the S Core and the NV. This NV is the old green Aldila shaft that was popular on tour, and still used now, for several years now. This combination has a stiff tip and is considered to be a low launch and low spin shaft. I can vouch for the fact that it is a penetrating ball flight.

The (Red Voodoo) SVS is a combination of the S Core and NVS technology. The NVS basically has as softer tip and a higher ball flight and more spin.

Now, comparing the SVS6 and the Oban Kiyoshi 65, the Voodoo will be slightly higher launch and slightly less spin. If you throw the Proto BiMatrix in the mix, it will be much higher lauching and much less spin.

There is also a Blue Voodoo,. called an RVS6. I did not find out much on the site about this but based on the blue color, this is a Aldila VS Proto By You with the S Core technology added.

Also, there is an XVS6 which is a red Voodoo also that is probably the DVS shaft with the S Core technology. I am not sure about the RVS and XVS ball flights because I do not think I ever hit them. I did not even know there was a Blue Voodoo. I will say I sort of like the was Aldila has kept the old technology and added new things to and then kept the nomenclature similar. They did this with the RIP technology also.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I studied this and her is what I have been able to surmise from their site. All the Voodoo shafts use what Aldila calls the S Core technology. This increases the hoop strength of the shaft and in theory transfers the energy better and get more distance. There are different colors and part numbers that come from adding S Core technology to the preexisting shafts.

My shaft, the SNV8 is combination of the S Core and the NV. This NV is the old green Aldila shaft that was popular on tour, and still used now, for several years now. This combination has a stiff tip and is considered to be a low launch and low spin shaft. I can vouch for the fact that it is a penetrating ball flight.

The (Red Voodoo) SVS is a combination of the S Core and NVS technology. The NVS basically has as softer tip and a higher ball flight and more spin.

Now, comparing the SVS6 and the Oban Kiyoshi 65, the Voodoo will be slightly higher launch and slightly less spin. If you throw the Proto BiMatrix in the mix, it will be much higher lauching and much less spin.

There is also a Blue Voodoo,. called an RVS6. I did not find out much on the site about this but based on the blue color, this is a Aldila VS Proto By You with the S Core technology added.

Also, there is an XVS6 which is a red Voodoo also that is probably the DVS shaft with the S Core technology. I am not sure about the RVS and XVS ball flights because I do not think I ever hit them. I did not even know there was a Blue Voodoo. I will say I sort of like the was Aldila has kept the old technology and added new things to and then kept the nomenclature similar. They did this with the RIP technology also.

Almost. The SVSx are based on the VS Proto profile rather then the NVS. Spot on with the NV one.

Robot will say that the Kiyoshi will go higher and with less spin then the Voodoo VS but that might not hold true in actual play for someone. Kiyoshi is meant for a harder transitioner though.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

hckymeyer,

Actually that shaft and website is very accurate. I play the aftermarket svs6 in my driver and it is great. They call it score tech. I call it versatile, I can play many different shots with it. I have compared it to my friends prolaunch blue and it diffidently has a mid flight vs. a higher flight shaft.

The blue color on your svs6 is there special made shaft for Adams. I would just change it out for a real svs6 or go with the oban...

Thanks for all the info so far, that helps a ton! Based on the research I was able to do last night it seems like the blue/greenish (teal?) version in the F11 isn't quite the same thing as the red version on Alidila's site. I'm really leaning towards trying out the Bimatrx in this thing. I have one in my 3w and I really like the shaft, just hoping it behaves similarly in a driver.

Either way I probably won't get a chance to really hit it until spring, so I have some time to acquire shafts to test out.

Archived