TESTERS WANTED! ×

MyGolfSpy Vancouver, BC trip JUNE 2013

The Dansome

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

I'm excited. This is really helpin me on days like today(therapy).

I'll take beauty, views & excellent course condition over rating/slope.

The pics are amazing!!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

We're gonna get ya here Brotha! I'm gonna finish up some work and then post my list (not necessarily Tuna's or Nidine's - they'll have their say too) and get course selection started so I can book at a good month out.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

OK my suggested list of courses and potential days.

Monday: Furry Creek

http://www.golfbc.com/courses/furry_creek

Now I know whenever I suggest this one to someone locally they roll their eyes. But this selection is not as much about playability as it is at showcasing the west coast views.

FCreek.jpg

Tuesday: Redwoods

https://www.redwoods-golf.com/

Playable, challenging and great views

redwoods1.jpg

Wednesday: Cove Links

http://covelinks.com/

Light day. Short course, still challenging and $12/nine play it a few times and do a good dinner that night at The Flying Pig downtown. http://theflyingpigvan.com/

coveall3.jpg

Thursday: Fraserview GC

vancouver.ca/parks-recreation-culture/fraserview-golf-course.aspx

This is the course I grew up on. In the city, tree lined and across the street from my condo :P

Fraserview-1c.jpg

Friday: Riverway GC

http://www.burnaby.ca/Things-To-Do/page162.aspx

This is where Nidine and I call home. Pretty sure Tuna loves it too. Links style course with an amazing patio for me to accept the Distinguished Gentleman's award on afterwards. :)

riverway-dinner2.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

You want to start a Furry Creek? Oi.

Then again, after playing awful there, the rest of the week can only look up!

Excellent list. The Cove might need a couple go arounds depending on the amount of BS flying about

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• SPY VIP

You want to start a Furry Creek? Oi.

Then again, after playing awful there, the rest of the week can only look up!

Excellent list. The Cove might need a couple go arounds depending on the amount of BS flying about

But on a serious note you like this breakdown? Is there any course you'd really like in there?

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Just finished my taxes. Looks like Uncle Sam is gonna pay for a trip to Vancouver. Gotta pry the money from my wife's fingers, but it's looking good. Will know for sure in a couple weeks.

And FYI - I claim to hit my driver about 150. Anything more will deserve large applause and gasps of amazement from my gallery. Hope to see you there !

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Just finished my taxes. Looks like Uncle Sam is gonna pay for a trip to Vancouver. Gotta pry the money from my wife's fingers, but it's looking good. Will know for sure in a couple weeks.

And FYI - I claim to hit my driver about 150. Anything more will deserve large applause and gasps of amazement from my gallery. Hope to see you there !

Sweeeet!

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Woo hoo! I hit my driver about the same, you can play the reds with me ;) :lol:

• SPY VIP

OK my suggested list of courses and potential days.

Monday: Furry Creek

http://www.golfbc.com/courses/furry_creek

Now I know whenever I suggest this one to someone locally they roll their eyes. But this selection is not as much about playability as it is at showcasing the west coast views.

FCreek.jpg

Tuesday: Redwoods

https://www.redwoods-golf.com/

Playable, challenging and great views

redwoods1.jpg

Wednesday: Cove Links

http://covelinks.com/

Light day. Short course, still challenging and $12/nine play it a few times and do a good dinner that night at The Flying Pig downtown. http://theflyingpigvan.com/

coveall3.jpg

Thursday: Fraserview GC

vancouver.ca/parks-recreation-culture/fraserview-golf-course.aspx

This is the course I grew up on. In the city, tree lined and across the street from my condo :P

Fraserview-1c.jpg

Friday: Riverway GC

http://www.burnaby.ca/Things-To-Do/page162.aspx

This is where Nidine and I call home. Pretty sure Tuna loves it too. Links style course with an amazing patio for me to accept the Distinguished Gentleman's award on afterwards. :)

riverway-dinner2.jpg

OK wanna follow up on this. these are rough drive times from where I suggested accommodations in Richmond.

Day 1 Furry - 45 minute drive outta town

Day 2 Redwoods - 35 minutes

Day 3 Cove - 5 minutes

Day 4 Fraserview - 5 minutes

Day 5 Riverway 10 minutes

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

High Fade the preliminary plan is to fly into Seattle late Saturday night. Zach and I from Texas and Richard from the Burgh. The flights arrive there late like 10 pm. So we basically gather and rent a SUV and the find a hotel.

Sunday morning, we set out and take a good look at civilization (Seattle) and then a leisurely drive out to the boonies where we will cross the border and go to a rented place in the accommodations thread.

We will then meet up with our native guides. (Are they bare breasted natives there? Well, we will have an extra shirt for Dan if we need it.)

We will let you know for sure next week but that is the plans as of now.

Oh yeah. Return is back to Seattle Saturday morning and fly back Saturday night or evening.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

As of now I'm planning on flying into Vancouver on Sunday morning -- looking to hit the links that day if anyone's around.....

Business to attend to Monday and Wednesday, but we are supposed to be taking customers out golfing in the PM -- will see if we can arrange to play the same courses. Should be able to hookup with you guys in the evenings. Tuesday is wide open.

Gotta head home Thursday -- baby girl is graduating high school Friday night!!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Nice course choices. Not played Furry Creek. Peace Portal would be a good one also.

Ooh, just noticed Cove Links. Small challenging course but a good one for visitors? Country Meadows way better and the food is good. If time is tight 9 holes at Crescent Beach Nico Wynd. So many choices. Redwoods is a surprisingly challenging course. For me. Mayfair Lakes in Richmond, Morgan Creek must be the jewel. I lost 16 balls in water there.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

As of now I'm planning on flying into Vancouver on Sunday morning -- looking to hit the links that day if anyone's around.....

Business to attend to Monday and Wednesday, but we are supposed to be taking customers out golfing in the PM -- will see if we can arrange to play the same courses. Should be able to hookup with you guys in the evenings. Tuesday is wide open.

Gotta head home Thursday -- baby girl is graduating high school Friday night!!!!

What time Sunday do you get in? It is just 2 hours and we can see Seattle as we drive through. Probably will not be too difficult to talk this crew into golf on Sunday afternoon.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Depending on the timing, I can probably swing Sunday as well.

The Mrs is coming back from a Guiding event that night and then disappears for the week to see her family (and let me golf as I wish heh) so I will be somewhat limited in how late I can play. I will swing by even if it's just to say hi and walk a hole or three if the timing for the whole round doesn't work.

Plus, I really need to see what Wookie golf looks like. I may even have to make one of the In the Wild video's... :P

If all goes well I can get into Vancouver around 11:00 AM Sunday - so some early afternoon golf is a possibility...

And wookie golf is just like regular golf, just with more hair....

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Sorry, folks. I just rented my house out. Move in day is June 1. Normally not a big deal, but now I have to get my kids out of there so my rent-paying tenants can move in.

Next year.....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

So I'm currently kicking the tires with the idea of a day trip to Vancouver island - 45 minutes ferry and maybe a round at Victoria Golf Club

victoria gc.jpg

I think that's one of the locations my company's looking at for that week......oooooooohhhhhh

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Dude if you're going to do the island than I'll do what I can to find an affordable option for the rest of us

Lemme see what I can find out. They were talking about it....

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived