Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

MyGolfSpy Vancouver, BC trip JUNE 2013

The Dansome

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yes Nidine's b'day is Monday June 17, so that would be a perfect week :P

...and mine on the 18th. We've had a serious conversation about me attending, and the only thing preventing me from locking it in is a baby due beginning of July... Not sure I can move that appt back, but we'll see;)

• SPY VIP

...and mine on the 18th. We've had a serious conversation about me attending, and the only thing preventing me from locking it in is a baby due beginning of July... Not sure I can move that appt back, but we'll see;)

Just tell it to wait, it's got the next 18 years with dad until he/she goes off to college.

Man I'm just jacked at the fact yer considering this.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

LOL and mine on the 21st!

• SPY VIP

Wish I could make it, but no way I can commit to this with family life being what it is atm. Looks like a blast and a ton of fun. You all will have to send pictures.

Now, if it were a north eastern US location, things might be different on my end...

North Eastern location? Well if RP comes here this year, maybe we'll have to go there next year.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Wish I could make it, but no way I can commit to this with family life being what it is atm. Looks like a blast and a ton of fun. You all will have to send pictures.

Now, if it were a north eastern US location, things might be different on my end...

I'm in the same boat; I would love to come, but unfortunately I cannot.

I agree with the North East thing though, I'd love to play Bethpage Black one time in my life.

Hah, Bethpage is exactly what I was thinking. Plus, I might have the skill to play it given another year of practice.

That would be a trip! If you're looking in Boston area - Red Tail is an awesome layout to play...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Not the greatest playable layout around but gotta add Furry Creek to the list based on views of Howe Sound alone.

fc_e.jpg

fc14.jpg

fc_h.jpg

Oh my goodness yes!

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• SPY VIP

I see this thread was mentioned in last weeks Newsletter, would be nice to get see some others interested. Be great to have this planned months in advance for arranging everything and book vacation time. Curious if any Spy's have thought about it.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

Dude, these pics are Beautiful. I definitely think that this track should be on the play list.

Just one Man's vote B)

Fairways's & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Some of the holes get a little Mickey Mouse-ish, but yes it's worth it for the views alone. Nidine hasn't played it either so I'll move it to the top of the list.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I see this thread was mentioned in last weeks Newsletter, would be nice to get see some others interested. Be great to have this planned months in advance for arranging everything and book vacation time. Curious if any Spy's have thought about it.

Trying to arrange my work schedule to be in Vancouver in the June time frame. Don't want to miss this!

And fellow Minnesotans -- I propose a get-together/planning meeting at the Minnesota Golf Show next month. Anyone game?

Here's the link: http://www.minnesotagolfshow.com

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I would love too but I don't think I can swing it. Pun intended. Van is a beautiful city and lot of great tracks Ill be envious in Jun.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

You're not playing fair man! How's anyone supposed to say no after seeing those pictures? Geez!

Thus is the point!

Though Furry creek can be an infuriating course to play

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Okay, here's the rub. I'm going to go all out and try to work out a way to make a few extra grand between now and June so that I can represent (even if my "game" is limited to contests on the 19th ;) ). There's a bunch of sporting stuff that I haven't used in years that'll be sold and that's a start, but I'm on the lookout for ideas - any suggestions will be welcomed... I'm desperate to be in attendance because this looks like its shaping up as an event not to miss!

• SPY VIP

Okay, here's the rub. I'm going to go all out and try to work out a way to make a few extra grand between now and June so that I can represent (even if my "game" is limited to contests on the 19th ;) ). There's a bunch of sporting stuff that I haven't used in years that'll be sold and that's a start, but I'm on the lookout for ideas - any suggestions will be welcomed... I'm desperate to be in attendance because this looks like its shaping up as an event not to miss!

WOW! Respect!

OK people, looks like the gauntlet has been thrown down if New Zealand is coming!

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

WOW! Respect!

OK people, looks like the gauntlet has been thrown down if New Zealand is coming!

That's what you call dedication. KIWIII!!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I went on Travelocity last week or when ever and looked at flights. Since I signed in they apparently have a record and they keep sending me information of flights to Seattle. I can book right now for $212 round trip DFW to Seattle. If I knew I was going to be in this country I would book right now, but damned the luck. That is cheap.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

• SPY VIP

I went on Travelocity last week or when ever and looked at flights. Since I signed in they apparently have a record and they keep sending me information of flights to Seattle. I can book right now for $212 round trip DFW to Seattle. If I knew I was going to be in this country I would book right now, but damned the luck. That is cheap.

Now that's freaking cheap. A car for the week would cost more.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Now that's freaking cheap. A car for the week would cost more.

From there book AMTRAK to Vancouver -- it's the greatest train ride ever! Just don't joke with the customs officers at the Vancouver train station. Almost wise-assed myself a return trip to Seattle.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• SPY VIP

From there book AMTRAK to Vancouver -- it's the greatest train ride ever! Just don't joke with the customs officers at the Vancouver train station. Almost wise-assed myself a return trip to Seattle.

This is exactly the train trip Nidine was talkin Rick.

Now tell me more about your customs experience

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Oh someone else gets to tell a story. Come on?

Oh someone else gets to tell a story. Come on?

Short version -- Customs man asked me what I was doing in Canada, told him I was going to conduct a training class for heating professionals.

He wanted to know everything about the training, what kind of products, where did they come from, was I bringing equipment with me, where was the training going to be held, how long was it going to be, who was organizing it, did I have any names. He finally hit a question that triggered my inner wise-ass:

Customs Guy: Well, why isn't someone from Canada doing this training?

Idiot from Minnesota: Guess there isn't anyone in your country qualified. Heh, heh.

CG: Sir, you're going to go see the Supervisor.

Supervisor wanted to see my Work Visa. Didn't have one. If I was staying longer than 2 days, she would have sent me back.

That line from the Arlo Guthrie song kept going through my head..."Don't check my bags, if you please, Mr. Customs man...."

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

My customs officer experience was when I was 8 and the only male in my group. We were leaving Munich Germany, in 1972. Perhaps you heard, Palestinians killed 11 members of the Israeli Olympic team. Well, 3 days later we are going through the airport where German Police with machine guns, technically sub machine guns but I did not know the difference at the time, separated male and female and subjected them to pat down searches by humorless Germans. I was 8 and taken into a different room than my mother and sisters and I remember it being terrifying and was happy to see them again moments later.

Every since then I have been especially considerate to Customs Officials.

Archived