TESTERS WANTED! ×

FOUND - Three Crazy Clubs

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

(INFO & PICS SUBMITTED BY READER: NEIL)

Here are pics of three crazy clubs. The samurai is part of an incomplete set I got at the Salvation Army. I got a complete set for around $100 in eBay. A few months later a second set was on eBay that sold for much more (I lost track when it hit $300).

The Clear wood actually swings nice. There are NO markings on it, so I have no idea who makes it. I don't like the flex, but I don't want to change the shaft, assuming I could anyway.

The Tiger Shark wedge is 52 56 60 wedge. There is are red, white, and blue lines that are on the grip. You place your thumb on the the color that corresponds to the degree you want and the wedge opens to the proper position.

I got all my wacky clubs from trolling the second had sporting goods shops and the Salvation Army.

samurai-1.jpg

samurai-2.jpg

samurai-3.jpg

#TruthDigest

Saw some Samurai heads on ebay -- odd looking club. Ever hit one? The driver - now that looks like a lab experiment gone awry...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Clear wood is greatest club I've ever seen. What is it made of?

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

I posted the Lynx with vertical grooves before and this reminded me I had one with dots too. What's that about? Try keeping those clean! Kinda funny to see people's "great ideas". I also have a Browning 440 and a 500 set. Goofy looking. I really need to get rid of a bunch of old sets.

2012-12-21_14-03-37_984.jpg

2012-12-21_14-08-51_963.jpg

2013-01-01_10-52-35_245.jpg

2013-01-01_10-56-29_149.jpg

2013-01-01_11-23-42_793.jpg

2013-01-01_11-24-28_750.jpg

I vaguely remember when those clear acrylic style drivers came out, as they were billed as having a harder head than other drivers, so that they would supposedly hit the ball further.

I attended the Western Open years ago at Cog Hill in Illinois, and they had some vendors/company reps set up near the driving range after you entered, and one of the vendors had those clear drivers for one to try, though I didn't bother at the time.

Like the punchdot face wedge by Tiger Shark, I too have a punchdot face wedge, and believe it or not, I still use it, though only for sand shots. Probably illegal, but my friends don't care for casual play. Mine is 60*, has a very rounded leading edge, and it has a lot of bounce to it, such that it is very easy to get out of sand but lousy off tight lies. The head weighs around 330 grams, whereas most sandwedge heads weigh around 300 grams. It has a very long hosel, and the name on it is Johnny Revolta (an old time pro player). I had purchased the head through Dynacraft Component company, likely around 1990?, which is now called Hireko.

my brother has a set of browning 440's that used to be my bapa's. i keep thinking they remind me alot of modern hybrids...

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Archived