Sign in to follow this  
furu

Books on course design/architecture

My interest in course design is growing. I love to visit new courses and see the signatures of great designers. How and why they do things. I know some of my friends think I'm weird when I'm smiling and saying "this is a perfect bunker!" after hitting my third shot from it and still not finding green grass.

I need suggestions on books. I'll buy them on Amazon, not many available here in Norway. Books on iPad are welcome too :)

Hello,

The Confidential Guide to Golf Courses, and The Anatomy of a Golf Course: The Art of Golf Architecture both by Tom Doak are great. Masters of Design: The Golf Courses of Colt, Mackenzie, Alison and Morrison by Peter Pugh and Henry Lord. Golf Course Architecture in America by Geo. C. Thomas Jr. Secrets of the Great Golf Course Architects: A Treasury of the World's Greatest Golf Courses by History's Master Designers by Michael Shiels.

I hope this helps and you enjoy them.

Jason

Thanks turfman :) Found them on Amazon UK. Would love to have "The Confidential Guide to Golf Courses" but at £485 on Amazon and $855 on ebay......WOW! Why so expensive?

Thanks turfman :) Found them on Amazon UK. Would love to have "The Confidential Guide to Golf Courses" but at £485 on Amazon and $855 on ebay......WOW! Why so expensive?

I think it is because there were a limited number printed. I know you can stumble on some 3rd or 4th editions fairly reasonable.