Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Equipment for 2013

whiskey golf

I wanted to know what you guys are planning for the 2013 year in terms of equipment. Whether it be finding the perfect driver or working with the one you have, stuff along those lines. For me, I'm pretty satisfied with my current setup although I may consider adding a lower lofted hybrid. I'll take a look at the new drivers but the one I'm playing now goes straight and I can control it pretty well.

Putting together new irons for 2013. Switching from Scratch SB/AR combo set with C-Taper S to Adams CMB with hopefully C-Taper S+. Also really want to switch putters and try out the Taylormade Spider S Slant. Woods and hybrids will be staying, but I am putting together a back up driver to play around with. It's an Adams F11 that I am painting right now and I'm going to shaft it with a Grafalloy BiMatrix S shaft.

As with any plan though it's only going to last until first contact is made :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I have the VRS Covert driver and maybe 3 wood coming, I really like my VR Pro LE fairway, so it may stay in the bag. The new ball will be in play for me also, probably the 20XI but I'll test the 20XI-X as well. Of course that may all get changed if I am blown away by the Callaway line when I am in Carlsbad next week.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

I'm mostly looking at woods as I am pretty excited about a few of the new releases. Nike tops the list but the new Adams and Cobra look pretty good as well. This is the first time I have ever had a remote interest in a Nike driver which makes me think they are onto something now. Getting a 3 wood sorted out would be awesome, but I have no expectations there.

My other goal is to play the irons I have and really get grooved on them. I think switching irons several times this past season has not helped my play.

I have come to the conclusion that I suck at putting so I'm just going to go between putters I already have, depending on my mood I guess.

PGA which covert driver are you getting (performance vs tour)? Did you have some positive experience hitting them on the range or something?

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

Other than a new putter, my bag is pretty set where it is now. After the holidays, I bought a new driver, 3-wood, 3H, 4H, 56* wedge and picked up a couple of vintage Mizuno 8802 style putters; so unless I come across a used Mizuno Bettinardi BC7 thats in great condition or decide to be a traitor and get an Odyssey #8, Rife Bimini, Never Compromise Connoisser Robusto or other 8802 style putter, (not likely because other than the BC7, those are all stainless steel, which Im not a big fan of) I dont see my bag changing.

I cant really upgrade irons without spending a small fortune, Im not a big fan of the MP T-4 wedges and Im very happy with my longer clubs, so for the first time in a long time I wont really be making many changes to the bag.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I'm trying to decide what heads to play in these C-tapers......

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

New plan, this just arrived for me yesterday.

image.jpg

image.jpg

That Nike driver looks nice! For some reason I really like the red and even the swoosh doesn't bug me. I don't think I would like it right on top. But where they put it is OK.

I think I'm set for a while. I thought about different irons and even tried MP 53s. I really like my irons though. I got a Krank Rage driver which I'm really happy with so far and just got the Cally X Utility 18*. I didn't have a 3 wood that fit me right and have always been better with irons, so it will take the place of my 3w, for now anyway. If I get fit for a 3w and build more confidence in one, that could change someday. But I'm pretty pleased for now.

However, I'll say that and get the itch to try something else next week. So no telling what will change that I'm unaware of yet! :lol:

I'm pretty much set for the year. Only thing that's changing is my putter. Got a SC Del Mar on order so just waiting to get that in my hands. Depending on how my current wedges perform this spring (they are getting a little worn) I might pick up some new ones, preferably the copper forged Callaways. And of course testing out the new ball offerings, i.e 20XI, Pro-V, and T-Mag's.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

Pretty well set on equipment - will still be looking at Balls - I have all of those Bridgestone RX's but I really do prefer the Penta and it should be on sale with the new TMag offering coming out.

I may just give my son the balance of my bridgestones and go with some Penta's if I find a buy 2 get one three out there which I'm assuming I will sometime soon.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

• SPY VIP

I don't have any specific plans. I'll see what comes in and decide what I really like.

I do think that for anyone looking to replace what's in their bags now, this is probably the most compelling and exciting equipment season we've seen in quite some time.

For drivers you've got several OEMs moving to an all lofts in one head model (ultimately I think everyone will eventually get there), and just about everyone has something worth checking out. PING has 3 very solid current models. Callaway's RAZR XTREME is definitely worth a look. I love what Cobra is doing with color and the simplicity of MyFly. TaylorMade will kill it with the R1, The Adams Super LS is on my list, and of course there is Nike with the Cavity backed VRS Covert. If you're looking for something to get excited about from a lesser known brand, if you saw our post on the upcoming Krank Element...the face is beyond deep. For me the Element is right behind the Covert on the must try list.

It's going to be a while before you see a better season to pick a new driver.

I'm not sure if there is any holdover from TaylorMade's monster campaign with the RBZ last year. People might be fairway'd out (it's still, to me anyway, the least interesting, or even necessary club in the bag). But...if there is...TaylorMade is at it again with the RBZ 2. Callaway is trying to beat them with the XHot. The Adams stuff will be quieter by probably just as good. The Cobra stuff (which might be the easiest to hit FW I've seen) will fly under the radar but will be worth a look.

Hybrids won't make any noise (they never do), but as always look to Adams and TaylorMade, and toss in the new Nike for consideration as well. Nobody every talks about Nike hybrids, but they've been scary good for the last two seasons. I expect more of the same. Although I do think we may start seeing OEMs make a bigger push with lower lofted hybrids as true FW replacements. I don't think the 13* hybrid (or a 15 than can be adjusted to 13.5) is too far down the road.

Like drivers, you probably won't see a better year for game improvement irons for quite some time. We know abou the RocketBladez, but don't discount Callaway's XHot, or Cobra's AMP Cell. I've hit them all and each has given me pause to think about playing GI clubs again. Mizuno's JPX-825 Pros are right there, and of course, Adams and PING will continue to service the GI crowd as splendidly as they ever have.

For the non-GI crowd, I expect TaylorMade's RBladez Tour will prove to be the big winner on the season. Callaway's XForged is really nice too (XHot Pro doesn't move me). Take your pick from the Mizuno lineup. It's probably too soon for Wilson to follow up the FG Tour V2, but when they do...you need to look at them. For Realz. It will be curious to see what Adams does in the pro space (I suspect they'll do what they've always done...I don't think TM wants to compete when it comes to true player designs). Finally...the iron I'm probably most excited about this season is the Cobra AMP Cell Pro. Rickie's true blades will be special order, but the Flo set (which Cobra expects Blix and Poulter will play), is going to turn plenty of heads.

Wedges...meh. Always. Mizuno will have new stuff in the fall. There's rumors of TaylorMade releasing the ATV in black. Cleveland is doing the rotex thing, Titleist has Vokey, and for the most part everyone is doing more of the same.

Putters...talk to Dave. That's his department.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

That Nike driver looks nice! For some reason I really like the red and even the swoosh doesn't bug me. I don't think I would like it right on top. But where they put it is OK.

I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised with the looks of it. I had been dreading the red crown and Swoosh since seeing the pictures. Even the alignment mark is hardly visible, so that is a plus for me. Hoping to get out and hit it today or tomorrow.

• SPY VIP

I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised with the looks of it. I had been dreading the red crown and Swoosh since seeing the pictures. Even the alignment mark is hardly visible, so that is a plus for me. Hoping to get out and hit it today or tomorrow.

People getting all worked about about crown graphics being distracting...whether it's Nike's Swoosh, Adams's Speedline logo, or TaylorMade's R1 and RBZ graphic patters don't know what they'll they're talking about. It's one thing to say you don't like them, but as a matter of science, they're simply not a factor.

I forgot the number, but the actually area (or I suppose surface area) we focus on when tasked with hitting a golf ball is minuscule. Almost like a zoom lens, focus narrows, and the stuff on periphery doesn't factor into the equation. If the swoosh was used an alignment aid, or if TaylorMade's graphics were nearer the face it might be an issue (which is why I don't like the Adams Speed Slot where it is on the fairways and hybrids).

Are minds are designed to focus on the task at hand, and ignore what amounts to irrelevant noise. There's no better example of that video where the challenge is to count how many times the ball is bounced. Just about everyone who does it is so focused on counting the bounces, they don't notice the guy walking through the frame in a gorilla suit. Seriously. If most of us can overlook a dancing gorilla, a swoosh, is not an issue.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

The top end of the bag is always under construction. New FW this year (for when a FW is in the bag), new hybrids and likely a new driver. I love my wedges and irons, but I know there are a couple sets that will make a run at them (Callaway X Forged...at least in theory). The two putters I use, my Byron Epic Day and Bettinardi SS11, are in no danger, though I'm always looking to add something to the rack or make it a rotation of three.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Picked up a Ping i20 3 wood a few weeks back - swapping out my Titleist 910f for not other reason than I really, really liked the look of the Ping. Also rotating new wedges into the mix. Picked up a Trusty Rusty and for some reason I really like the size and shape of the head (it's the small one), and have also added a Hogan 54* (very slightly used, excellent shape) and a new but two year old Taylormade 58*.

Biggest change will be new shafts in my #'s 3 and 4 Mashie hybrids - swapping out the ultra light Miyazacki shafts and replacing them with Talamonti H-100's. This will be my second year with the MP-59's, so I'm not planning on dropping any coin on irons. Happy with my 910 driver, but I did pick up a Mizuno MP-600 for short money on eBay, and since I have the clubmaking bug will probably experiment with stuff I can find on eBay for cheap, just for fun...

No plans to change the putter - really like the Coutour. Getting fit for a putter made a TON of difference.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm trying to decide what heads to play in these C-tapers......

Let me know if you need help :D

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Of course that may all get changed if I am blown away by the Callaway line when I am in Carlsbad next week.

Are you going out for the Launch?? One of the guys from my shop is going down next week as well. Meetings with the brass and range sessions, followed by a golf outing... Sounds fun.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

image.jpg

image.jpg

You will LOVE that Covert Tour driver. Hits is low and LOW spin. Try cranking up the loft a bit.. The results are amazing. I had a very limited test session with it (about 60 balls) but I could very easily see this driver in my bag this season.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

If you're looking for something to get excited about from a lesser known brand, if you saw our post on the upcoming Krank Element...the face is beyond deep. For me the Element is right behind the Covert on the must try list.

Are you guys going to do a review on this when it comes out? I'd like to know how it stacks up against the other OEM drivers.

Are you going out for the Launch?? One of the guys from my shop is going down next week as well. Meetings with the brass and range sessions, followed by a golf outing... Sounds fun.

I'll be out there at the end of the week, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The trip your colleague has sounds fun. It seems like they are reaching out to accounts more now that Chip is in charge, a really smart move in my opinion.

I have an additional hybrid that I am rotating in and out of the bag this year. It is a 24* Hogan that I have had for many years and did not have a shaft in it. This is mainly for cold weather and wet conditions. I have two complete bags but since next season they will probably not be in the same place I can swap between them like I have been doing. So this 24* hybrid will swap out with my 4 iron. Other than that I have no intention of changing clubs this year, but it should be noted I said the same thing last year and have none of the clubs (except for this Hogan) that I had last year. Well, I have some wedges that I have had for a number of years.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I'm pretty set. I have the Mizuno JPX/MP59 combo set irons and just picked up some MP 62's for a backup set. Went back to my Grind wedges recently because I was struggling with the Scor's. I just have more confidence with the Grind's for some reason. The RBZ 3W and 2H will stay in the bag, love them! Also gaming the 23 degree Adams A12 pro hybrid which is a good stick. Driver is a bit of a problem as of now. Haven't hit the R11S well at all since I got it so I picked up a SuperDeep on the cheap and I'm gonna game it for a while with the Black Ops shaft. I was very happy with it only time I played it. I'm sure I'll rotate putters as always. I have 1 bad round and switch to a different one. I'm sure that contributes to my putting woes. I really like the B330's so I'll game those primarily as well as some Hex Blacks I had.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Here's my 2013 set- hope to actually use it this year!

Driver: waiting for a callaway sub 8.5* head hopefully LDA

X Hot Pro Hybrid

16* plus 1/4" long

Graphite Design tour ad di95 x

X Utility Prototype irons

18*, 21*, and 24*

Plus 1/2" long

True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

X Forged Irons

5-PW plus 3/4" long

Forged Wedges (dark chrome finish)

50*, 56* (bent to 55*), and 60*

Plus 3/4" long

Odyssey Versa #1 Wide White

Odyssey Metal X #7 Belly

Cut to 34" long

I'm hoping to add 3 new hybrids to my bag this year, 16*, 19* and 25*, steel shafts to match the 22* I got for Christmas.

Sending the 3wd to the basement when I get the 16* hybrid and maybe look at a new 12* driver if my Burner doesn't behave itself.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm pretty set except for my mid-hybrid and working on dialing in my 24* FliHi or 4-iron or other. I'm close to deciding the RBZ hybrid I won here just isn't going to work for me, I was a bit leery of it from the get go, I knew the loft was too strong for the distance I was wanting. Its also showing a tendency to want to go right so its not looking like a long term relationship! Thinking about tracking down a 23* Adams Pro Black hybrid, I always liked the look and feel of them.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I think I'll be trying out the JPX irons (both the 800 and 825 range, as my MP-53s don't offer me the forgiveness I would really like. Don't really have the budget to change irons right now, but if they prove to be much easier to hit, I will have to make a plan.

Also want to try and hit a Fli Hi or a MP H4 in 4i and 3i, as my 3i and 4i is not working right now. I also seem to struggle with the 3H and 4H currently.

But I think the best bet for me currently, would be to spend my allocated golf budget, on some more lessons instead of new clubs.

Wedges, driver and putter are all set, and I am happy with them.

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

Plan for 2013 is to have Miura 57 series 2-PW in the bag with KBS C Taper shafts.

I have a KRANK Element on order (will see how that pans out).

Will stick with the Vokey wedges.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Yeay! I can post regularly again... it was a long vacation with sun, sand, water and golf B)

I'm set with my MP59 from last year.

I just got a Cobra Baffler T-Rail 16* FW. It is AWESOME! This is the first 3W I've been able to hit off the deck so easily. Seriously, I don't even have to tee it up. It's so effective that I am thinking about going from my 3W to my 4i, skipping hybrids completely.

I also bought an Adams a12 19* hybrid. It is easy to hit, but I feel it has the same functionality as my 3W. So why bag it?

Got an Adams Superfast 12 LS 9.5* with the Fubuki shaft (thanks to Super Tuna's recommendation). This thing brought down my ball flight, which is exactly what I wanted, but it is not as forgiving as the previous driver. Who knows, maybe I'll sell this one and get one of those uniloft drivers :D

And to top it off, I got a Yes! Callie 12 to replace my putter :P Haven't played with it yet, so we'll see!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Archived