TESTERS WANTED! ×

Does a new putter company need to have an Anser?

Duke

Just had another thought about operations, sales marketing, etc...

Walter O'Malley - the guy who moved the Dodgers from Brooklyn to LA - used to always harp on the the cleanliness of the rest rooms in his ballparks. Someone finally snapped and said "Walter, no one ever came to the ball park because of clean bathrooms."

To which Walter replied - "Yeah, but filthy ones will sure as hell keep them away!"

Good operations doesn't lead to sales, but bad operations sure can short-circuit ya...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Absolutely. Funny story along that vein. My father's partner had always been a BMW guy, goin back 30some years(This was in 1998). So he's Waitin for his car from service and he has to go to the BR, so he goes in and it looks like a john in a dive bar. Tp on the ground. Urine on the floor around toilet, and then when he goes to wash his hands there's car grease smudged in the sink, no soap and no paper towels. Seriously, and he doesn't exaggerate.

So he goes out, gets his car in a bit and leaves. Well, within the year, he's gettin rid of his car so he asks my dad who he deals with at the Benz dealership, cuz he's gettin a Benz. My dad was stunned cuz Bob had always raved about the bimmer's quality, handling, yada, yada.

So my dad asks why the change and he tells my father about the his BR experience. And he drives a Benz to this day. Now bein a surgeon he(and my dad, lol) are a little obsessive about sinks, soap, etc. But he said that if this dealership didn't have more pride than that, he wanted nothing to do with em.

I've never forgotten that story. In my bars, my people clean the BRs once an hour, & they initial a sheet on the wall, and if I go in and there's anything askew, from no tp to tp on the floor to a dirty toilet, no hand towels(no I don't use blow dryers, I hate those, lol), to any dirt, they get docked 4 hrs offa the schedule. 2nd time is a shift. 3rd time they're gone.

I've never had to fire anyone. I've only had to dock a shift twice. But you're right. Clean BRs may not get me business, but they sure as hell can cost me business, especially the ladies, HaHa.

Thanx for reminding me :-)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

That's a great story!

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who responded. Definitive to say the least. We've proto'd our first Anser style (head only for now) and would love to hear any and all feedback. It's milled from 1018, and has not been bead blasted or plated. The brassy hue is due to the lighting.

Thanks again for all of the feedback.

1-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

Looks great love the lines.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Pretty sharp looking!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived