Sign in to follow this  
GolfSpy WD

New footjoy lineup

Looks good to me:

FJ%20MProject%200.jpg

FJ%20MProject%201.jpg

http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/productview.asp?c=369

High Performance Mesh

High performance mesh uppers provide breathability and lightweight comfort.

2-Year Waterproof Warranty

FootJoy warrants that this golf shoe will be waterproof in normal use for two years (U.S. Warranty).

ProTektâ„¢ Toe Guard

Designed to provide abrasion resistance in key wear areas.

MP:627â„¢ Last

Full rounded toe character, full fit across the fore foot allows toes to spread and grip.

L.T.D. Outsole

The Laser Thin Duramaxâ„¢ proprietary rubber compound provides low profile turf gripping power while maintaining highly flexible.

Lovin' the look of the new spikeless M Projects!

Took a look at these last year. They're ok. Very ECCO-like.

2363-big.jpg

Footjoy has a weak lineup compared to the other brands. I think they're having a hard time finding out what they want to do. Do they want to go with street even though they believe in the stability of a classic golf shoe?

Took a look at these last year. They're ok. Very ECCO-like.

2363-big.jpg

Footjoy has a weak lineup compared to the other brands. I think they're having a hard time finding out what they want to do. Do they want to go with street even though they believe in the stability of a classic golf shoe?

I agree....they are Ecco look alikes....that was the first thing I thought of as well.

A lot of pictures of these from PGA Show. I just don't get it. It's one of the ugliest - if not the ugliest - golf shoe ever. It's a complete miss. A smaller company that FJ would go bankrupt by a mistake like this. The amazing thing is that they'll probably sell some of them just because it's FJ.

So - they're plain ugly. But FJ also contradict themselves. The company believes in the traditional golf shoe with spikes for stability. They have to get on board the streetrain. It's estimated to be around 25-40% of the shoe market in some areas. That's a lot shoes and a lot of money. FJ can't just sit on the fence.

M:Project looks like a desperate attempt to get a piece of the street market and at the same time stand out as different.

I'm a Footjoy guy. I just got a new pair of all black Dry Joys with the lizard skin saddle. I'm with R.P. Jacobs II..... I'll keep my conservative shoes that look like they belong on a guy my age. :D

Im glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks these are ugly, wannabe cool shoes. If you're footjoy, be footjoy. Let kikkor be kikkor and true be true. Don't try to be them.