My Bag of Sticks

Mr.Clean

1374791085[/url]' post='110654']

Nice. What are your thoughts on the putter fitting process?

Thanks aotearoabrad.

I ended up at Golf Galaxy to buy the putter because they were the only shop in town that had the model in store to test out. I knew I wanted a plumbers neck milled putter and the Anser 5 was one of the very few longnecks I could find to suit my need for a face balanced "blade."

The fitting was... Basic. Luckily I'm very methodic about my set up so I feel confident that the changes really do fit my game, but they were pretty simple

First, the fitter studied my putter lie (eyeballing) which I knew was incredibly toe-up, and we fixed that by bending the putter 2* flat. Simple but effective.

Second, they put a board in between my hands and my legs that had vertical lines to figure out how much forward press I have and adjust the loft on the putter accordingly. Therefore, we added loft to accomadate my press and limit the skid off the putter face.

That's it.

Like I said, very simple, but really I knew what kind of balance, length, and neck/head type I wanted. Therefore I'd say that's pretty much all there was left as long as the person getting fitted knows their desired putter type to fit their stroke.

In a word, effective.

Driver: Ping G25 9.5° TFC Tour X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Red

Fairway Wood: 3w Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 13° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Hybrid: 3h Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 19° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Pro's 4i-PW KBS C-Taper X-stiff + 1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Black

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4's 50°, 54°, 58° DG S300's +1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whitout/Black

Putter: Nike Method 001 34" w/SuperStroke Mid-Slim White/Red

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

1374793802[/url]' post='110660']

How are the long irons?

I was worried about them before getting them out of the box, but man oh man do they perform. I've never had a problem getting the ball airborn, and these are no different, but the flight is absolutely perfect.Not only are these the best feeling (no ifs ands or buts) forged irons I've ever hit, but the c-tapers are so smooth they make hitting the long irons a pleasure. And they hit and sit too!

Driver: Ping G25 9.5° TFC Tour X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Red

Fairway Wood: 3w Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 13° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Hybrid: 3h Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 19° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Pro's 4i-PW KBS C-Taper X-stiff + 1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Black

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4's 50°, 54°, 58° DG S300's +1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whitout/Black

Putter: Nike Method 001 34" w/SuperStroke Mid-Slim White/Red

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x